UK theme parks from another point of view!

Which Do You Prefer : Air Or Th13teen?

Air
50 (45%)
Th13teen
62 (55%)

Total votes: 112

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Re: Which Do You Prefer: Air or Th13teen?

Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:31 pm

i prefer air. it offers a different experience than a lot of coasters in the uk. the seat i find comfortable and i especially love riding it in the dark. thirteen is interesting in the fact that it has that drop but other than that its boring, and even the drop isnt that great.

Tom.B

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:13 pm

Air = An awesome B&M, where you feel like you're flying.
Thirteen = An 'ok' Intamin with a bit of a gimmick. Wouldn't queue over half an hour for it.

sully1311
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Th13teen.

I just find Air really, really boring.

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:25 pm

As high as I rate TH13TEEN, Air is easily the better coaster, and probs the only B&M flyer that is designed to give you the feeling of flight, unlike Tatsu, Manta, and Starry Sky Ripper :) (but I would go for that lot for the thrills :D)

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 pm

I prefer Th13teen.  Whilst Air is a fun ride, I find it too slow and (ever so slightly) dull to ride.
Th13teen on the other hand is great fun, although I wish they'd remove some of those trims!
Ensuring that the shutter closes for every train would be nice as well.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"

Shutterbug
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:29 pm

Th13teen is definitely one of my favourite rides in the park. The theming is absolute spot on with the wraiths, crypts & despite it being the ride I try go on least twice each time I go I still always scream and hold on for dear life at the drop! The rush from going backwards is immense too.

Air is just...meh. It's nice and gentle which is always and there's some nice bits kinda floating on your back facing the sky...But I don't appreciate being parading through the station still "assuming the position"  :lol:

Although, I do think Air has the best theme song in the park...For me I think they got that one perfect, really suits the ride.

2pints
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:05 am

13, air seems like a lot of faff for not much bang, and that tunnel at the start is appalling all it needs is a lick of paint ( ( sky blue with some painted on clouds/video projection )
13  if taken for what it really is- a family coaster, is a cracking little ride with some nice air time.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 pm

13. For the following reason:

ILCBNTOTGUDOAOROO
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

RITA123
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Th13teen is such a unique ride and as much as I do like Air I gotta say Th13teen :)

Credit to Lewis97

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:20 am

thats difficult both rides I find creative and cool so maybe I can base it on the ques:

I always feel a bit sad in some areas of the 13 queue but with Air I pretty much always feel quite nice.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

AltonTowersLiam
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 pm

TH13TEEN for me.

It has a good theme which is maintained throughout the woods and in to the station which along with some good audio helps to create a spooky atmosphere within the queue. The crypt is very eerie and effectively increases suspense whilst the double drop is clever and will act as a major surprise for those who don't know what's going to happen. The nice touches such as the tesla coil and the 'if you go down to the woods today, you better not go alone' help to make the theme and therefore the ride more immersive whilst it's also brilliant at Scarefest due to being in the dark as well as the presence of the Wraiths around the entrance. The only bad points for me are the brake trims during the outdoor section and the way in which it was marketed at the wrong demographic.

I understand that Air is a more peaceful, relaxed coaster however I find it to be a bit too slow. There are some thrilling elements in it such as the first drop and turn onto your back and I do find the seating position and concept of flying to be fun. On the other hand I also think that the ride could have been so much better. After reading on here about the plans to include waterfalls and more extensive theming elements that may have given Air more of a story rather than the in my opinion quite forced theme of the 'light at the end of the tunnel' scenario in Forbidden Valley. The queue also seems to always be around 70 mins when I go so it is often missed out now. Don't even get me started on that tunnel  :roll:

Despite both being unique and innovative world's firsts for Towers, I have to go for TH13TEEN as I feel it is a more well-rounded coaster.

Credit to lewis97 for the signature and Danny for the avatar

Danny

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:46 pm

I'd have said Air without a thought on the matter a while ago, although now I find that I'm hard pushed to make a decision.

I find Thirteen to be more 'fun', whereas Air is more of a relaxing coaster that no longer offers me anything but the ability to relax on a ride just for the sake of it. I've really lost my love for Air over the past three years, which I find to be a large shame as flying coasters are certainly my favourite type, coupled with the fact Air was my favourite ride at the Resort once upon a time.

Martin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:13 pm

Yesterday while waiting in the short queue for Air
John said to me " I really like Air...it's just a nice ride"
Well I had to laugh and say to him " nice ride..it's a roller coaster and coasters aren't meant to be nice"
I hope you get what I mean
When I'm on a coaster I want to be thrilled excited and exhilarated
I don't get this from Air
Now Thirteen isn't as thrilling as let's say Nemesis but at least you get the fairly decent drop after the lift hill, you also get air time the drops in the dark and the thrill of riding backwards in the dark.
So for me it has to be Thirteen
I don't want nice I want fun and exctiment :P
BOW TIES ARE COOL!

Combichrist
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 am

Never been a massive fan of air personally, plus 13 has improved with age and provides a good bit of airtime on it's first drop,
Damm those trims!!!

ruby_glitters
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:32 am

"theming" wasn't a term I'd heard until I found this forum.

But yeah, th13teen. Just for the theming. It makes the ride for me. Tragic, but that's what I do.
Forgive my ignorance but is theming ambient design done by t
he park and it's parent company, or the people who built the ride?
Air is nice and relaxing. In many ways it's the ride I'd send a nervous coaster virgin to.

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:55 pm

I love Thirteen. It is one of my favorite rides on park! The drops at the start give so much airtime and just such a great buzz! I feel something on Thirteen that I don't feel on any of the other rides and I love it! And then it gets to the drop bit and, the feeling is brilliant as it rushes backwards in the darkness!
The theming on thirteen is so much better than airs (Airs tunnel, enough said) and it is kept up through out the ride. I love it!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Really airs theming a about 3 rocks right at the end if the ride. Is a tunnel exiting the station and entering the lift hill really classed as theming?!

oliverdouglas22
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Air is a better experience with the sense of flight, but in my opinion isn't really a roller coaster it's more an experience as it's smooth, graceful and pretty slow but still a fantastic ride! Whilst 13 has the sense of surprise and fear and intimidation ( not like Oblivion :D ) the theming is brilliant and young ones can ride it soo 13 for me.

bryanycroft
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:57 pm

I love thirteen and I always get a big adrenaline rush after riding it but it has to be Air for me. When I was younger and hadn't rode a roller coaster before, I visited Alton towers and I'd read all about Air and watched videos and tried to imagine what it'd be like to ride it. When I finally got on it I was terrified and I came off feeling like I could ride anything. So I kind of have a soft spot for Air as it was my stepping stone to riding more roller coasters. Also I love the feeling of flying and the atmosphere the ride creates :)

badlydrawnkel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Th13een!  Atmosphere,  theming,  the first drop.......all of it!

[size=150] Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10