UK theme parks from another point of view!

Hari
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

TESCO VOUCHERS

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:11 pm

Hello,
I really need an official answer to this but cannot find one, so please help!
My mum has purchased some Alton Towers tickets out of tesco vouchers online and printed them off. Can I use these in scarefest? I live 2hrs away from AT so I dont want to be going up there and then finding out I have to purchase another lot. Please help!
Many thanks,
Hari
NR

Kirsty25

Re: TESCO VOUCHERS

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Hari wrote:
Hello,
I really need an official answer to this but cannot find one, so please help!
My mum has purchased some Alton Towers tickets out of tesco vouchers online and printed them off. Can I use these in scarefest? I live 2hrs away from AT so I dont want to be going up there and then finding out I have to purchase another lot. Please help!
Many thanks,
Hari

it should say in the terms and conditions of the tickets :)

Here are the T&C's

Terms & Conditions
• ICE AGE ™ © 2012 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

• Tokens are valid for 6 months from issue.

• Height and size restrictions apply on some rides.

• This 1 Day Entry Token admits one adult OR one child, subject to availability and Merlin Entertainments Group conditions of entry.

• Tokens cannot be used in food outlets or shops.

• Tokens cannot be used to purchase annual passes.

• Tokens may be used against standard admission, but cannot be used for special events and/or shows.

• Alton Towers Resort tokens are valid for a Day Entry Ticket only and are not valid at the The Waterpark, Spa or Golf attraction - an additional cost applies.

• A token is not a pre-booked ticket. Please check all opening/closing times and dates before you visit at www.altontowers.com (you will need to copy and paste this URL)

• Websites shown are for information only.

• You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for tokens, Clubcard vouchers will not be accepted by the supplier.

• Tokens are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode.

• All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the website.

• Unused, expired and redeemed tokens issued after 13th August 2012 cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.

I would therefore call alton towers themselves to find out as it is a "Special event" in my opinion :)
Last edited by Kirsty25 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hari
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:29 am

BUM! :( Do u know if there is any way to get your tickets refunded?
NR

sully1311
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:41 am

Hari wrote:

No you can't, as stated in the Ts&Cs.

Kirsty25

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:02 am

Hari wrote:

Did you ring Alton Towers to find out?

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:21 pm

As far as I'm aware all tickets are non refundable and exchangeable. So I sincerely doubt they would offer you a refund.

You do need to ring the resort, as Kirsty has already mentioned, to find out if they can be used during scarefest. TowersTimes is just a fan site, and the knowledge of our members, whilst vast, cannot be taken as gospel unless you have spoken to Towers themselves.

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:36 pm

If you used tesco club card rewards then yes, you can use them for the scarefest. I used mine for last year so you should be fine :D

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!