UK theme parks from another point of view!

Best coaster at alton?

The smiler
39 (32%)
Nemesis
39 (32%)
Thirteen
1 (1%)
Oblivion
11 (9%)
Air
13 (11%)
Rita
4 (3%)
Sonic spinball
2 (2%)
Runaway mine train
2 (2%)
Can't decide!
10 (8%)

Total votes: 121

RITA123
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Favourite Alton Towers coaster?

Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Rita for the awesome launch! :D

Credit to Lewis97

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:07 am

I always think nemesis or the smiler, but when I last went I rode rita 4 times and I just can't get over how good it is and I think it may be my favourite at the moment! I can never choose, in all the poles like this I have a different answer each time :lol:

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 am

Great to see Nemesis is still kicking ass!  :D

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:03 pm

i said nemesis because its nemesis. i haven't done the smiler yet but i think that nemesis will still remain the best coaster in the uk as its such a legend and i just enjoy riding it

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:27 pm

So currently the three with the highest votes stand as:
1. Nemesis
2. The Smiler
3. Oblivion
Poor Sonic Spinball. :3

Schocoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Its always gonna be the Smiler it made me smile!!!!

Also What happened to sonic?! :( Its Fun!!

andrea.schofield.5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:18 pm

Had to vote for Sonic - it's the mother in me coming out!

Lottie.
TT Member
TT Member

Favourite Alton Towers coaster?

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:37 am

Nemesis! <3

ruby_glitters
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:36 am

I'm not sure.  I love them all
I love Th13teen for it's theming, becuase it throws you around like a rag doll - especially at the back, and I love the drop and the backwards in the dark element.
I love RMT because it's just plain fun.  I love Oblivion for the anticip......................pation - the slow climb and the pause at the top of the drop always gets the pulse rate up.  Is should be available on the NHS.  Or at least on most breakfast menus!  I love Air for it's feeling of flying....but that's out because the theming is pants.  Rita, Sonic and Smiler I haven't done yet but I'm already loving Smiler's theming and the marketing campaign that went with it from earlier this year.  So much so that it could even be a candidate based on the ambient alone.

BUT I'm voting Nemesis.  Aside from the fact that she was my first and I'll always have a soft spot for the old girl.  I love the intense ride it gives, smooth transitions, a few near misses, decent ride length and the fact that it's still going like billio when it hits the brake run.  The only criticism I have is that the restraints now make me feel too "safe".

usman125
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:37 am

anyone's going to be choosing RMT but you never know! :P Feel free to explain why in a reply. I haven't been on The Smiler, Sonic Spinball and Th13teen yet, but of the ones I have, it's got to be Oblivion. The drop is inten
uxman

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:02 am

I really enjoy Sonic, but it just doesn't cut it as my favourite with the likes of Nemesis around... The Smiler was pretty decent, and for some reason i seem to be enjoying TH13TEEN & Rita more and more every time i go on them!
Image 2014

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:18 am

Nemmy gets my vote, I know i said earlier that I thought The Smiler was the best, but after thinking about it, it doesn't beat Nemmy :D

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:48 pm

Now, call me strange, but I voted for Th13teen. I'm not 100% sure why, but at the moment I seem to be loving it more than ever! Normally, I would vote Nemesis, but I thought I would show my love for Th13teen. I love it because it is super smooth, the world's first element is fantastic (and gets me every time!) but most of all, the themeing is outstanding! The indoor queue line really builds up to the ride with the flickering lights and sound track, and of course the tesla coil. There are a few subtle hints like how you walk underneath a ladder just after the baggage hold, as that is bad luck. The crypt is awesome, with the hooded figures. the soundtrack of creaking wood,the musty smell and the pre-drop jolt. The airtime is great, and the backwards section is fun, with the twisting and tumbling helix. The technology of the worlds first element is amazing (how does it do those drop transitions so quickly?) and the pre-drop jolt shows how it was thought about carefully. I just think the ride - although simple - has been made to an excellent standard and is very enjoyable!

AltonTowersLiam
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Trying to look at it in perspective, I have been corrected on The Smiler twice whilst I have been on Nemmy countless times. Nemesis is a one-of-a-kind roller coaster which never fails to provide an intense experience but having said that my two goes on The Smiler were amazing and I come off absolutely loving it and claiming that it was my favourite.

So for now I have voted Nemesis and will make a further judgement after riding The Smiler a few more times...starting at Scarefest!

Credit to lewis97 for the signature and Danny for the avatar

oliverdouglas22
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:03 pm

Nemesis will always be crowned Alton Towers greatest coaster, as it was the beginning of Alton Towers Secret Weapon coasters and it was out of this world when it was opened. But the greatest coaster in general for the greatest thrill and a best coaster, is the smiler. It has everything, speed, intensity, theming, uniqueness, loops  :D. But my favourite is Oblivion. You dont know what fear is until you have ridden the worlds first vertical drop coaster! anyone agree

bryanycroft
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Nemesis for now but It will probs be the smiler soon when I ride it. I'm so confident of that, that I voted for it! :D