UK theme parks from another point of view!

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Re: CBeebies Land 2014 - General Discussion

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Dom wrote:
http://www.altontowers.com/timed-ticketing/

More information regarding the timed tickets.

And the bit that concerns me is the fact that you can only access the queue line by having the timed ticket. That seems highly unfair to other guests

Why would that be unfair? Anyone can get a ticket, it just means that instead of standing in the queue for an hour you can go and watch the show or play in Tree Fu Toms or meet a character then come back. One of the biggest complaints has been children getting bored in hour long queues this should solve that.
It is the same as the delicatessen at the supermarket where you took a number and waited to be served except here you know when your time is so you just come back.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:19 pm

But surely you should choose what you want to do wether that be If you want a ticket to go do other stuff, or not. And the tickets are on a first come first served basis, But this was only today.

cubwolf
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:32 pm

I took my granddaughter yesterday and I must say the area looks great. The allotment was great fun and the staff excellent.

We didn't try the postman pat ride but I was disappointed with the night garden ride.

The Ninky Nonk train that I had seen going around a track in opening day videos was a static display with the track having been removed?? The Pinky Ponk was hidden behind a hedge? I assume it is supposed to float higher so you can actually see it.

There was also a lot of music coming from the arena which kind of spoiled the atmosphere a bit.

When we got to Upsy daisy there was silence until we were well past her and then the audio started to play. All a bit poor given it's not been open very long.

I did tweet them and they said the train had been removed to be repaired.

I was wondering if the moving train was only there for the press launch etc given they have removed the track as well as the train. It's a bit stink if that's the case.

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:20 am

Well IMO I think they have done a pretty good job. The show arena is fantastic and just the general area suits children completely.

I went to AT yesterday and busier than I expected I must say but I did do The Smiler 3 times which I'm happy about.

I didn't go on anything in the cebeebies land cos I was with a few friends and being 26 (would of loved to be postman pat for 5 mins) I thought I would of got a few looks.
Any who I think in the summer when the kids are off that is gonna be a busy area because it is fantastic.

My how it's changed since old macdonalds farmyard and when the animals used to be there.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

panzerguy77
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Just a question (I'm a novice at rollarcoastars) but wouldn't cbeebies lAnd be better suited at chessington?

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:36 pm

panzerguy77 wrote:
Just a question (I'm a novice at rollarcoastars) but wouldn't cbeebies lAnd be better suited at chessington?

It could work well there but that would make that whole park pretty much for younger people and AT pretty much for thrill seekers so it is a brilliant way for AT to diversities it's range :)

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:19 am

panzerguy77 wrote:

Chessington has plenty of kids rides and activities already some of which (Wild Asia) were only recently refurbished. Also I think Chessington are trying to tie everything in to an animal theme again (hence characters are Madagascar & Octonauts) and redevelop the zoo areas.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:02 am

This timed slot is a good idea and even better it is free. Pity Merlin wouldn't think of making all there rides like this.
Been open nearly a month and things have already stopped working.

RubyGaga
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Okay so I was browsing the Cbeebies section of the website and I found this?? Image

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:52 pm

RubyGaga wrote:
Okay so I was browsing the Cbeebies section of the website and I found this?? Image

I've just looked and it says "can you touch the cloud fluff"

RubyGaga
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Ah apologies, I just realized that I have an extension that changes the word cloud to butt. Sorry for the post!!

Besides that, went to the theme park today and visited cbeebies land, and Ive got to say its ideal for children, the staff were great and interacted with all the kids which was great! The only downside is that I can imagine that it would be hard for first time visitors to navigate around this area, the rides are all hidden, and If I can remember correctly the land has now been cut off from the sonic spinball area??

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:20 pm

After having a look at Cbeebies land, i can honestly say that it is impressive. An awful lot of work has gone into the area and it really does look amazing. If AT can keep themeing areas like this then i shall be very impressed indeed.

Benji Stephens
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:35 pm

After being on ridetimes, you can definitely see that Alton is bringing in the family audience from CBeebies Land!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:10 pm

The queues are very variable for cbeebies land and they look to have done a good job apart from the numtums which still doesn't seem to be that popular compared with other attractions. In the night garden and postman pat have been completed brilliantly. It is very impressive apart from some of the spots pulled off which isn't really there fault.

Doddy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 pm

It all looks interesting just saw a video on youtube of the whole section it looks relay well don't but i have never set foot in old MacDonald farm so i don't know how different it relay is.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:05 am

My sister and brother in law took there 2 kids there on there sun free tickets. They loved it. My niece didn't want to get off the postman pat ride. All 4 didn't know what to think of in the night garden (nothing to do with the ride as they thought it was themed good) as they hadn't watched it before and glad they hadn't. I gonna take my little girl when is a bit older as I doubt she be interested in cbeebies as she watches Nick Jr as she's mad on Peppa Pig. She loved Peppa pig world on her 2nd birthday. We put cbeebies on but she don't sit for long to watch.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Topic Author

2015 - Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:54 am

I apologise if this is in the wrong place, but it could have been put in so many different topics: possible developments, future of ripsaw, SW8 and more so I thought it could have its own dedicated topic.

A report on Screamscape this morning has said that Ripsaw could be moving to X Sector for 2015 on the Submission site, in order to free up space along the Valley side of Forbidden Valley for the next SW or future investment. Apparently the restaurant next to Ripsaw is already being cleared out in preparation for the move during the parks closed season.
It also claims that CBeebies Land will be getting and expansion either next year or 2016 due to how popular it has been with younger guests and families.

What's peoples thoughts on this? Sound legit or just rumours? Discuss below :)

DavidA
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2015 Rumours

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:15 am

I would of thought we would of got wind of this first. All seems possible I'm sure some one could confirm if the restaurant has been gutted. But if true it could be for a long thin flat ride. or means they are going to be working in the area next year.

GMan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Aww, that ruins my idea of having an enclosed topspin in the Dark Forest in the vain of the old Paramount Tomb Raider ride. Oh well. If this rumour is true, it's disappointing that Submission isn't being replaced by something new, but if they were to move Ripsaw without too much effort, then the MOJ theme does make the most sense. And if this does come true, then all aboard the SW8 hype train!
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:52 pm

If it is true and Ripsaw is not removed before 2020 I will be a very happy person! RMC in FV please with 180 degree turns !