UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 61
 
User avatar
Boz
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 0
Joined: February 2014
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Alton Towers - Quick Questions

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm

A topic for any quick questions or queries. This saves new topics being created for a more efficient forum.
Last edited by Boz on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Henry
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 230
Joined: December 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:18 pm

On the Alton Towers website calendar, it says that the Park opens on the 16th, yet on the hotel booking form-thing, it says that the Park opens on the 24th March, I was planning to go on the 16th but if it isn't open to the public yet, should i change my plans?
Thanks. :moj
Image
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Image
 
User avatar
LPAJ13
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 265
Joined: March 2003
Location: The "Mothertown" of Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Henry wrote:
On the Alton Towers website calendar, it says that the Park opens on the 16th, yet on the hotel booking form-thing, it says that the Park opens on the 24th March, I was planning to go on the 16th but if it isn't open to the public yet, should i change my plans?
Thanks. :moj


Good question Henry.

At the moment, the calendars are being changed over from 2012 to 2013. On the website here http://www.altontowers.com/events/openi ... mepark-mar it does say that its the 16th March that the park opens. The hotel booking system may not of been changed yet for the 2013 season. The park did open on the 24th March 2012. To be on the safe side, give the hotel reception a call on 0871 222 1100 They are open on the following times:

Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Bank Holidays - 9:00am - 3:00pm
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Image
 
User avatar
Benji
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 280
Joined: September 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:16 pm

On opening day I was wondering if it was likely that other rides, like air&nemesis would have extremely long queues? What was it like when TH13TEEN opened?
Image

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
 
User avatar
LPAJ13
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 265
Joined: March 2003
Location: The "Mothertown" of Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:23 pm

ben.at08 wrote:
On opening day I was wondering if it was likely that other rides, like air&nemesis would have extremely long queues? What was it like when TH13TEEN opened?


Going off other SW's, Nemesis was like 4 hours, Air 4 hours, not sure for Oblivion but I think it broke 3 hours at one point, Rita was a good 3 hours on opening day. If you kinda guage that for SW7, could be long long queues
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Image
 
User avatar
Benji
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 280
Joined: September 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks LP, might hold on and not go opening day now. Would rather make the most out the experience than just stand in queues all day..
Image

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
 
User avatar
Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 654
Joined: February 2012
Location: Leeds

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Surely the rest of the park will be quiet.... The queues can't be long right LP.

With the exception of oblivion maybe
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
 
User avatar
LPAJ13
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 265
Joined: March 2003
Location: The "Mothertown" of Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 pm

You can be sure that any area with a new attraction with gain more queues than any other area of the park. The rest of the area will absorb people who will not queue. If SW7 does have singer rider, that will also be rammed as well as the main queueline. Premium Pass (the one where you can enter via the exit to ride) will be the pass to have on opening day. Unsure how much it will cost though this season.
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Image
 
User avatar
Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 654
Joined: February 2012
Location: Leeds

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 pm

Hmmmmmm.... Providing its open on time. I think I'm moving my hotel bookings to the following week for the quiet days.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
 
Henry
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 230
Joined: December 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

How do you get a premium pass? Do you buy them at Guest Services on the day or do you phone up or something?
Image
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Image
 
User avatar
oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 211
Joined: March 2012
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Alton Towers or Merlin? You can buy them online: have a look here for AT http://www.altontowers.com/alton-towers ... AnnualPass and here for Merlin https://secure.altontowers.com/webapp/w ... ryId=16604

otherwise, you can purchase one at Guest Services
 
User avatar
Benji
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 280
Joined: September 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Got another question about ride times and queues. How long will the queues be and how busy will it be during the february half term?
Image

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
 
User avatar
Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 2375
Joined: November 2005
Location: Glasgow

Re: Quick Questions

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Due to a restricted line up of attractions the resort is usually quite quiet. I would estimate queues to be a maximum oof 30 minutes.
Image
 
User avatar
Zach
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 799
Joined: July 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:03 pm

How is the cable for the cable cars thread over the valley after closed season ?
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Hmv
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 204
Joined: November 2012
Location: Far far away

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 pm

ATfanatic wrote:
How is the cable for the cable cars thread over the valley after closed season ?

It won't of actually been taken down even though the running/guide wheels are off. It will be attached to the pylons by cable or chain. When it was originally thread they would have first thread a small rope by putting through the wheels on one pylon then going back down to the ground and climbing up the next pylon and putting it through the wheels on that pylon. They would then tie a bigger rope to the other end and pull it through, slowly they would increase the rope size until they actually pulled the cable through. As you can guess very time consuming and that is why sometimes they use helicopters to take it the whole length of the system much quicker, but I'm sure AT have never done this.
Image
 
User avatar
Zach
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 799
Joined: July 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 pm

Hmv wrote:
ATfanatic wrote:
How is the cable for the cable cars thread over the valley after closed season ?

It won't of actually been taken down even though the running/guide wheels are off. It will be attached to the pylons by cable or chain. When it was originally thread they would have first thread a small rope by putting through the wheels on one pylon then going back down to the ground and climbing up the next pylon and putting it through the wheels on that pylon. They would then tie a bigger rope to the other end and pull it through, slowly they would increase the rope size until they actually pulled the cable through. As you can guess very time consuming and that is why sometimes they use helicopters to take it the whole length of the system much quicker, but I'm sure AT have never done this.

Thank you something has often puzzled me thank you bout the only thing I had question about, about the whole park
Image
Image
 
paulturner1974
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: October 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:40 am

quick one regarding entry prices: my two kids are both disabled so both get a carer in free my question is what happens if i have a bogof voucher? do i pay for one child and the other gets in free and both get a carer in as well? 
 
User avatar
Boz
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 0
Joined: February 2014
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 am

The offers are normally not able to be combined, but I've not personally ever heard about a situation like that. Best thing is to contact Towers guest services on that one.
 
paulturner1974
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: October 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 am

cheers boz
:D
 
User avatar
The Terminator
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 80
Joined: June 2012
Location: Skynet

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 pm

paulturner1974 wrote:
quick one regarding entry prices: my two kids are both disabled so both get a carer in free my question is what happens if i have a bogof voucher? do i pay for one child and the other gets in free and both get a carer in as well?


Pay for one get three free, not likely it's Alton Towers not the council offices.
Whilst I sympathise that just can't be right if that's the case, they have to make a profit or they go bust then nobody wins.
I WILL be back
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 61

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 96 guests