UK theme parks from another point of view!

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Quick Questions

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:09 pm

For the price and a good feed with drinks we go the pizza/pasta buffet all u can eat/drink with salad bar!

and the food is very nice.

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 am

Is there any point buying fast track adrenaline for Rita, Thirteen & Oblivion?
Because we can get Thirteen in ERT and rita straight aftertaste 10 when it opens?

Kirsty25

Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:31 am

RCandrew wrote:
Because we can get Thirteen in ERT and rita straight aftertaste 10 when it opens?

either that or leave DF until lunchtime/early afternoon and get FV done as that is an absolute walk on til 11ish

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:22 pm

Can any one tell me how much the pizza and pasta buffet is for an adult? Also the new burger kitchen average prices??

Thanks guys!

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
RCandrew wrote:

either that or leave DF until lunchtime/early afternoon and get FV done as that is an absolute walk on til 11ish

noticed FV is always empty in the morning and nemesis is on ERT so was gonna do that a few times, then thirteen then I'm at rita for 10 before its busy, then maybe back to air before it gets busy then the rest of the park! That way ill get a lot of good stuff done quick and won't need fast pass :)

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:06 pm

linzimoo6 wrote:
Can any one tell me how much the pizza and pasta buffet is for an adult? Also the new burger kitchen average prices??

Thanks guys!

I went a month or so ago and its £9.75 for an adult and £6.95 for under 12's if im not mistaken.

Not been burger co but its around 7quid usually for a burger meal but personally i thought kfc,burgerking were better just looking at the menu.

TreyD95
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong topic to post this:

Does anybody know if the X52 Bus from Nottingham (Broadmarsh) is currently still running service to Alton Towers?

If so, does anyone happen to know departure and arrival times, as well as prices for a same-day return ticket? Me and a friend are planning to go this Thursday so we wanted to know travel details beforehand.

leeprice
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:40 am

Does anyone know what time the car park opens to guests, and what time the first monorail is from the car park to the entrance?

JamieH93
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:19 pm

RCandrew wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote:
RCandrew wrote:

noticed FV is always empty in the morning and nemesis is on ERT so was gonna do that a few times, then thirteen then I'm at rita for 10 before its busy, then maybe back to air before it gets busy then the rest of the park! That way ill get a lot of good stuff done quick and won't need fast pass :)

Using ERT what worked for me was, straight to box office, buy smiler fastracks, then head over to forbidden valley via the path that goes through duel. Get a few rides in on nemesis, queue for air for when it opens at 10am, jump on ripsaw and the blade, get on sub terra, head over to DF, get on 13 and queue for rita for about 20 minutes and then youve got that lot done. Then i headed towards X sector rode the smiler a few times using fastracks then i would of got on oblivion afterwards if it was open. Then you can just spend the rest of the day doing everything else as youve done the main rides in the morning :D
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler

linzimoo6
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 pm

What's people's thoughts on the food and drink vouchers?? Are they worth it??

Never done them before was just reading about them on the website and seriously considering it!

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 am

Does the master blaster in cariba creek always have a queue and how long does it generally get??

Kirsty25

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

RCandrew wrote:
Does the master blaster in cariba creek always have a queue and how long does it generally get??

When we went mid june there were small queues of no more than 5-10 mins even if it was most of the way down the 2 flights of stairs before the chute!

broco101
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:59 pm

TreyD95 wrote:

Does anybody know if the X52 Bus from Nottingham (Broadmarsh) is currently still running service to Alton Towers?

If so, does anyone happen to know departure and arrival times, as well as prices for a same-day return ticket? Me and a friend are planning to go this Thursday so we wanted to know travel details beforehand.

Unfortunately the X52 is no more :(, I am also going this Thursday and We have had to book a taxi now instead!  :x

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
RCandrew wrote:

When we went mid june there were small queues of no more than 5-10 mins even if it was most of the way down the 2 flights of stairs before the chute!

Yeah someone mentioned the queue looks big but goes down real fast! Thanks :)

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Which weekend of scarfest do the travellers meet up at AT?

Has anyone been during this time and was it a good day or too busy?...ty

Shutterbug
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:47 pm

broco101 wrote:
TreyD95 wrote:

Unfortunately the X52 is no more :(, I am also going this Thursday and We have had to book a taxi now instead!  :x

Have you emailed AT themselves to tell them you used to use the service? They said they stopped it due to "lack of interest" but whenever I went on it it was busy! Apparently they might put it on for summer holidays but not looking likely at the moment....

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:49 pm

How long is the smiler single rider queue on average?

Also How much are Smiler fastracks?
Poop. Always

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:34 pm

ollboll9 wrote:

Never seen it below 90 minutes on ridetimes.co.uk, I believe it is often between 2-3 hours.

I believe fast-track tickets are £7 each for The Smiler

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:49 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
ollboll9 wrote:

Never seen it below 90 minutes on ridetimes.co.uk, I believe it is often between 2-3 hours.

I believe fast-track tickets are £7 each for The Smiler

That's the normal queue I'm sure they mean single rider*

I believe it doesn't go much past half an hour!

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:57 pm

The shortest I've queued in the Smiler SRQ is 40 minutes, on two occasions on the Monday just gone.