UK theme parks from another point of view!

AT1991
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Quick Questions

Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Hello I'm going to Alton Towers again and forgot how much i paid for the photos from the rides also i got a deal i think it was 4 photos for £25 i think but I'm not to sure. :)

manxman
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 pm

AT1991 wrote:
Hello I'm going to Alton Towers again and forgot how much i paid for the photos from the rides also i got a deal i think it was 4 photos for £25 i think but I'm not to sure. :)

I was there last week and it was £20 for 4 photos. I think the £25 for 4 was for digital copies to be included.

ST-Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:38 pm

so the day i decide to go (this friday)

its forecast for heavy rain from 0300 all day and all night!

do u think its worth going? will many rides be closed in heavy rain? can understand rita .. was on it in light rain a few months ago n felt like a million stones in me face!

im more bothered as to wether the smiler will close really...cheers

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 pm

The rides will only close in "extreme weather" ie torrential rain/thunderstorms.

If the rain gets a bit heavy they will play an announcement saying that the ride remains open but it may be uncomfortable.

It is very rare for a ride to be stopped because of the weather.

ST-Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:59 pm

are the roads prone to flooding at all in heavy rain?

theres a yellow alert for the area on friday... my car has its air intake down in the passenger wheelarch so cant drive through any deep puddles!

Kirsty25

Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:12 pm

ST-Chris wrote:
are the roads prone to flooding at all in heavy rain?

theres a yellow alert for the area on friday... my car has its air intake down in the passenger wheelarch so cant drive through any deep puddles!

Yes I seem to recall the surrounding roads flooding last time there was a major downpour, I'd check friday morning before you set off!

blacksnake
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Galee74 wrote:
some general questions I could really do with help with knowing ASAP...

-I'm thinking of staying with another person at a local B and B, can anyone recommend any? must be under £90 per night and ideally within walking distance to the towers. REally like the look of the chained oak but theyre more or less sold out, as we need two nights, not just one.

-also, anyone recommend a decent taxi service from stoke train station to towers? been quoted £40 return, is that right or dear? and its around 30min ride? is that correct?

its around 4 hours trip for me so i hope the smilers working this time...FOURTH time this year and everytime its been down!! (yes im cursed!!) so this is the Smilers final chance, and sick of getting revalidated lol

thanks in advance! :)

Don't know about B&B's, but we went last week and stayed in the Britannia Hotel which is directly opposite Stoke station at £35 per room per night or £167 for half board with a family day ticket to AT.

Probably no good if you're going to use taxi's to the park over 2 days. You should be able to get the AT shuttle bus from station. Follow link: http://www.altontowers.com/events/how-to-find-us Journey time from station by car is 30mins depending which way you go, through Cheadle will add appx 10-15 due to traffic inching through High St. but A54 route bypasses this.

Hope this helps.  :D
What Goes Up, Must Go...........AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Galee74
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:25 pm

it does a bit thanks but no car, and long way by train so we would be coming to stoke train station, spending £40 return on a taxi to the towers and so therefore may as well make it 3 days nearby, staying in a b and b for 2 days. We wanted to stay in the chained oak which is across from the towers but they didn't have any 2 nighters available:(

Lucieloo
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:54 pm

"do u think its worth going? will many rides be closed in heavy rain? can understand rita .. was on it in light rain a few months ago n felt like a million stones in me face!"

Crikey we went on it 1st July and had the same pelting rain!! Hurt like no tomorrow lol!
Most rides will be open in the rain though as even Rita shocked me staying open as its got magnets!
Last edited by Lucieloo on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....

MiniBlivvy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Where's the shortcut to the x sector that I keep hearing about? It'll be really useful to know!
Oblivion, Th13teen, Hex, Air, Nemesis -SURVIVED

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I guess you mean the tunnel of wee? Rather than writing out a long post myself, I'm just going to direct you to this old topic. :)

MiniBlivvy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:19 pm

Tunnel of wee? That sounds.......fun.
Oblivion, Th13teen, Hex, Air, Nemesis -SURVIVED

Lotty
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 pm

Hoping you guys can give me a rough idea, we're going first monday of scarefest, normally we start off by heading straight to nemesis, then working our way back to the front, taking a skyride over to Dark forest, doing the rides and then TOTT (this year will be carnival) then heading to oblivion which will be roughly 2pm ish, Am i doing this all wrong will the smiler have huge queues? are we best heading to smiler first at scarefest?

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)

Danny

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:10 pm

I'm going to hazard a guess at thinking that The Smiler should be at a low queue time around 2pm - 4pm, as people will have done the mad dash to ride it in the morning and will then be waiting to ride it at night. Everything else seems fine though :)

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Okay, I'm off to the ATH on the 4th-6th October :D but I haven't prebooked tickets because of the following...

As I've said previously I am planning to use the Krave prize for admission on one day, and I have to redeem it at the prepaid tickets kiosk. Just out of interest, is there somewhere in the hotel I can do this, or do I have to catch the monorail to the main entrance?

Similarly, for the second day, if I can't get bounceback tickets, I would like to use 2for1 vouchers. Is it possible to purchase tickets within the hotel, or do I need to do this at the entrance again?

sara.grinter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:29 pm

Me and my partner are attending scarefest for a third year running next month. Last year in the park we could purchase fast track passes for a single ride at a time ( we bought a pass each for both Rita and thirteen), is this still the case this year?

Also will the thermos offer be available (purchase a Alton towers thermos and have free hot drink refills), last year they were a bhugger to track down and buy as we arrived in the afternoon.?

Thank you  :D

Danny

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm

sara.grinter wrote:
Me and my partner are attending scarefest for a third year running next month. Last year in the park we could purchase fast track passes for a single ride at a time ( we bought a pass each for both Rita and thirteen), is this still the case this year?

Also will the thermos offer be available (purchase a Alton towers thermos and have free hot drink refills), last year they were a bhugger to track down and buy as we arrived in the afternoon.?

Thank you  :D

Seeing as they park have been intent on selling as many fastracks as possible this year, I'd say the answer to your first question is this will certainly be the case.

Regarding the hot drink refills, I also believe they will return for the period of Scarefest. They were incredibly popular last year and I'm also looking at investing in one this year.

Kirsty25

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:33 pm

They appear to have had the hot drinks refills on all year this year, I have certainly seen them on each visit I've made and I will consider getting one on the day we stay until the death.

Shutterbug
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:23 am

On the topic of hot drinks, does anyone happen to know if their hot chocolate is vegan or if they offer soya instead of milk in the cafes?

SpecyBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:00 pm

What's the quietest day of Scarefest guys????
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net