UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
Martin
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 278
Joined: June 2013
Location: Somewhere you are not

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:44 am

According to a video I just watched on YouTube it's the 22nd March
Don't know if that's 100% accurate. But time will tell I suppose
Last edited by Martin on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
 
ST-Chris
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 47
Joined: June 2013
Location: Chester

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:03 pm

does anyone know the fastrack allocation for platinum fastracks?

website saying only 9 available for saturday

but 9 out of how many?
 
User avatar
Stripes91
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 31
Joined: October 2013
Location: Swansea

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:04 pm

At the bottom of the Scarefest promotion page, there is the following remark..

As in previous years, we will be running the additional security presence on Sunday 20th October. The activity will involve scanners at the main turnstiles, additional PPS and police.

In addition, alcohol will not be on sale at any of the Theme Park outlets on Sunday 20th October


My quick question is, what's so special about the 20th?
 
User avatar
TomL
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 300
Joined: November 2012
Location: Wirral
Contact:

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 pm

This day along with another day early on in the season is renowned for a big presence of the traveller community and as you may have seen on the likes of Big Fat Gypsy Weddings.

Team Edit: Please don't use generalised comments against a community that could cause offence.
Last edited by TomL on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 68
Joined: January 2012
Location: Manchester

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Stern John wrote:
Anyone know 2014 opening date yet?


It's usually around March 16th
Signature Pending.. ;D
 
NickReid
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 87
Joined: June 2007

Re: Quick Questions

Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:30 am

Do the family perks for the merlin pass apply for scarefest?! £23.00? x
 
User avatar
Michelle
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1359
Joined: January 2013
Location: North West

Re: Quick Questions

Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:26 pm

NickReid wrote:
Do the family perks for the merlin pass apply for scarefest?! £23.00? x


If you mean the half price tickets, then I believe they do, you can always give Alton Towers Annual Pass Office/ Guest Services a ring though just to make sure :)
Image
Image
 
User avatar
tharrison4815
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 45
Joined: October 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Anyone know the price of The Smiler fast track tickets?
 
Kirsty25

Re: Quick Questions

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:14 pm

£7 or they were last time I was at Alton Towers :)
 
User avatar
Zach
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 801
Joined: July 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:31 pm

But get the app from the App Store and you can get £1 off. Not much but better in your pocket :)
Last edited by Zach on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Coke
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 871
Joined: December 2007
Location: UK

Re: Quick Questions

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:33 pm

Richardio123 wrote:
Stern John wrote:
Anyone know 2014 opening date yet?


It's usually around March 16th


It is March 22nd, as confirmed in the Winter Brochure:
http://digitalpages.digitalissue.co.uk/ ... /00085639/
Image

Are you thirsty?
 
User avatar
Zach
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 801
Joined: July 2012

Re: Quick Questions

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Coke wrote:
Richardio123 wrote:
Stern John wrote:
Anyone know 2014 opening date yet?


It's usually around March 16th


It is March 22nd, as confirmed in the Winter Brochure:
http://digitalpages.digitalissue.co.uk/ ... /00085639/


Not counter arguing but in that brochure it says opening weekend, not opening day, which suggest the park will open mid week to that Saturday! Possibly wed/thurs :)
Image
Image
 
Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 1498
Joined: March 2013

Re: Quick Questions

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 am

ATfanatic wrote:
Coke wrote:
Richardio123 wrote:
Stern John wrote:
Anyone know 2014 opening date yet?


It's usually around March 16th


It is March 22nd, as confirmed in the Winter Brochure:
http://digitalpages.digitalissue.co.uk/ ... /00085639/


Not counter arguing but in that brochure it says opening weekend, not opening day, which suggest the park will open mid week to that Saturday! Possibly wed/thurs :)


Generally speaking, the resort always opens on a Saturday and that is why it referred to as opening weekend.
 
User avatar
Lucieloo
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 127
Joined: October 2011

Re: Quick Questions

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi all,

We are on park weds, thurs and Fri and wondered even though we arent staying at the AT hotels, can we pop in for a drink and see the entertainment? Obviously we would walk from our accomodation :O)

Thank You

Lucie Loo  :p)
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
 
Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 1498
Joined: March 2013

Re: Quick Questions

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Lucieloo wrote:
Hi all,

We are on park weds, thurs and Fri and wondered even though we arent staying at the AT hotels, can we pop in for a drink and see the entertainment? Obviously we would walk from our accomodation :O)

Thank You

Lucie Loo  :p)


Of course you can. The hotel is open to non-residents and you're always welcome. Remember however, that there is no monorail service after the park closes, so it's quite the stumble to the park gate :lol: The Hotel will happily ring you a taxi, but it's about £20 to get to Alton.
 
User avatar
Lucieloo
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 127
Joined: October 2011

Re: Quick Questions

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:52 pm

Lee wrote:
Lucieloo wrote:
Hi all,

We are on park weds, thurs and Fri and wondered even though we arent staying at the AT hotels, can we pop in for a drink and see the entertainment? Obviously we would walk from our accomodation :O)

Thank You

Lucie Loo  :p)


Of course you can. The hotel is open to non-residents and you're always welcome. Remember however, that there is no monorail service after the park closes, so it's quite the stumble to the park gate :lol: The Hotel will happily ring you a taxi, but it's about £20 to get to Alton.


Thank You.. We are staying at Trough Ivy so we are fairly close even though it will be a bit of a walk..
Do you happen to know what time the entertainment starts?
Sorry another question..

Thanks,
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
 
pompeyjags
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 31
Joined: November 2012
Location: inverness, scotland

Re: Quick Questions

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 pm

staying at park tomorro and thursday. are we able to leave park to get dinner at hotel then come back into park in evening?
 
User avatar
Michelle
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1359
Joined: January 2013
Location: North West

Re: Quick Questions

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm

pompeyjags wrote:
staying at park tomorro and thursday. are we able to leave park to get dinner at hotel then come back into park in evening?


I believe they offer a pass-out service on the gate, just tell them as you're leaving that you plan to return :)
Image
Image
 
Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 1498
Joined: March 2013

Re: Quick Questions

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Michelle wrote:
pompeyjags wrote:
staying at park tomorro and thursday. are we able to leave park to get dinner at hotel then come back into park in evening?


I believe they offer a pass-out service on the gate, just tell them as you're leaving that you plan to return :)


Just to verify and add to what Michelle has said. Make sure you get a welcome host to stamp your hand with a UV stamp as you leave via the turnstyle. It's ensure you're able to return to the park as once a ticket/annual pass is used, it's invalid on the style.
 
Deano2090
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 4
Joined: March 2013
Location: Uk

Re: Quick Questions

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 am

Morning all !

A group of about 10 of us are heading to AT on the 9th for the fireworks. Got a fair few coming with me who havent been for few years so we have a lot to cover in just one day so as always i like to be prepared and i figure you guys are the ones to help me. Obviously the website states there is no early ride time and the park opens at 10am but i wasnt sure if that meant the main gate doesnt open till 10am or the rides ? Thought the gates might open say at 9am to allow people in and queue for rides to open at 10am. The plan is to be on the smiler as early as possible then work anti clockwise around the park concentrating on the coasters first, is this a good idea ? As i havent done the Fireworks there before i have no idea about it. Could anyone tell me where they are and what time ? does anyone know of any ideal places to view them from their experience ? Sorry about battering you all with questions but after reading through and seeing how helpful you guys are i figured this was the place to find my answers ! I hope i have posted in the correct place and thanks in advance !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 156 guests