UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kirsty25

Re: Alton Towers - Quick Questions

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:24 pm

LDN1 wrote:
Evening all, quick question from me, is it possible to get food from the burger company or the fried chicken company restaurants for takeaway or is it strictly eat in?

Many thanks,

LDN

You can definitely take out with Burger Kitchen as I did at fireworks. FCC I'm less sure about but again I don't see why not!

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
LDN1 wrote:
Evening all, quick question from me, is it possible to get food from the burger company or the fried chicken company restaurants for takeaway or is it strictly eat in?

Many thanks,

LDN

You can definitely take out with Burger Kitchen as I did at fireworks. FCC I'm less sure about but again I don't see why not!

You can take out with FCC too, as we ordered food from there and took it back to the viewing area to eat at fireworks :)

LDN1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks for the answers :)

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:13 pm

I believe all food establishments on park, with the exception of those that serve on a plate, offer the take out option. I would suggest trying Woodcutters or Pizza & Pasta though, as it's quite nice to have a sit down meal on park to escape the hustle and bustle. It generally doesn't take much longer than waiting in the queues for fast food.

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi
My mate has recently broken his wrist and it is in a cast, we have booked to stay next monday at towers and was wondering what his chances of going on any rides will be?
Ta

jayson2125
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Cant see any reason why he wouldn't get on but I suppose there is the risk that the vibration etc could cause further damage.

Also H&S might say that in the event of an evac he might not be able to get down unassisted so you might get questioned.

Chances are though it should be fun as normal...so would not worry to much.

I would try ringing guest services though and asking them for their thoughts before going.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Stern John wrote:
Hi
My mate has recently broken his wrist and it is in a cast, we have booked to stay next monday at towers and was wondering what his chances of going on any rides will be?
Ta

I was in exactly the same situation with my holiday to Florida. Basically health and safety will not allow plaster casts on rides due to being unsafe for yourself and others. Imagine in your cast hit someone sitting next to you. However what I do is cover it up with a hoodie and is went completely unnoticed.
If he's worried with it causing further damage I done two weeks of about 12 straight days of theme parks and mine was fine. However mine was my arm but would have thought it would be the same.
I hope you have a great time whatever happens :)

evenstar120
TT Member
TT Member

Please can anyone tell me about parking with a premium pass

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi all

I finally passed my driving test in October and bought my lovely little car so next week I will be driving myself to Alton and collecting my premium pass. I understand that standard parking is free but I was wondering how this works. Do I need to collect a parking token anywhere or do I scan my pass at the exit barrier in the car park. I am sorry if I sound stupid but I really haven't ever had to think about this and I don't want to get anything wrong.

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi evenstar120,

Congratulations on passing your test :) When you leave the car park you simply scan your pass at the exit barrier. At busy times when there is a large volume of traffic leaving there will be staff collecting tickets with the barriers already up. In this case just show the member of staff your pass and they'll wave you through.

Hope that answers your question :)

evenstar120
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi Ladyofthelake

Thank you that's brilliant :)

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Can you get Merlin Annual Pass 20% discount off food in the Alton Towers / Splash Landings Hotel?

Thanks.

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:31 am

DeanGaryCox wrote:
Can you get Merlin Annual Pass 20% discount off food in the Alton Towers / Splash Landings Hotel?

Thanks.

I have got 20% off in Flambo's before.

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 am

DeanGaryCox wrote:

Thanks.

Yes you get 20% off food and drink (including cocktails, yum!) across the whole resort. This includes both the hotels.

tori_swift
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Hey there, is there anywhere that does vegan food in the park and hotels? Going this weekend with a vegan friend :)

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks, that's great to hear, so it can be used in the new pizzeria in the hotel well then? :)

also is there any discount for passholders in the Spa, as my mum would love to go when we're there for two nights next week, but it is rather pricey, discount would make it worth it guess?

Team edit ~ double post ~ Kirsty25

Mayfly_
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Hey all - New to the forum but a big UK theme park enthusiast.

I'm looking to go to AT on Wednesday 2nd of April - Should this be a fairly quiet day from your experience/past knowledge?

I know some schools are still in, but some may have broken up?

palaydion
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Mayfly_ wrote:

I'm looking to go to AT on Wednesday 2nd of April - Should this be a fairly quiet day from your experience/past knowledge?

Well my school is to break up next week! But as it's a Wednesday you should be fine. Week days are a LOT less chaotic than weekends. Hope this helped :D

Mayfly_
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:31 pm

palaydion wrote:
Mayfly_ wrote:

Well my school is to break up next week! But as it's a Wednesday you should be fine. Week days are a LOT less chaotic than weekends. Hope this helped :D

Oh wow, that's early - I'm from the West Midlands and a lot of the schools up here break up first week of April, some on the second week of April.

That's very helpful though, thank you :)

NoseyElephant
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:18 am

tori_swift wrote:
Hey there, is there anywhere that does vegan food in the park and hotels? Going this weekend with a vegan friend :)

Maybe phone up before you go to see if your friend needs to bring something with them. Im vegetarian and they do cater for us but options are limited (as you would expect). Personally, I've never noticed vegan options anywhere.

Mermalizer
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:20 am

I am new here, and planning a trip to Alton Towers in April.

What are the prices for ride photos?
Prepare to be mermalized!