UK theme parks from another point of view!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - Quick Questions

Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks Danny :)

noname mcghee
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi..a few questions.
Can you only get smiler fast track tickets on the day? We booked as a group and another friend has changed his mind and is also coming so we need to get him one.
do you still early ride time if you booked online but are collecting on the day?
(If yes to the second one) can you buy fast track tickets during the early hour?

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi,

You can book a fastrack for The Smiler online here. It will ask you to specify a timeslot though.
You should get early ride time for tickets bought online. As far as I'm aware you can buy Fastrack tickets from the Resort Box Office from 9am, however I'm not 100% sure about that opening time.

Hope that helps :)

noname mcghee
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:00 pm

ladyofthelake wrote:
Hi,

You can book a fastrack for The Smiler online here. It will ask you to specify a timeslot though.
You should get early ride time for tickets bought online. As far as I'm aware you can buy Fastrack tickets from the Resort Box Office from 9am, however I'm not 100% sure about that opening time.

Hope that helps :)

It did..Thanks! :D

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi. I wanted to know if you're allowed to use hotel towels at the waterpark or whether you had to take your own. Thanks in advance for any replies.

graemem
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Easter sunday...

I think its open.. will it be busy?

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:39 pm

The park is open this Sunday - the AT site is currently showing an opening time of 10am-5pm.

The park is likely to be very busy with it being a bank holiday Sunday. Plus Ester Sunday is usually one of the days when the travellers visit the park so that will add to the volume of people on park.

Macca79
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
Hi. I wanted to know if you're allowed to use hotel towels at the waterpark or whether you had to take your own. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi tom

Yes you can use the hotel towels in the waterpark i do it every year.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Macca79 wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:

Hi tom

Yes you can use the hotel towels in the waterpark i do it every year.

Thanks very much :)

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:34 am

Going to the park on Wednesday and Thursday. From people's past experiences, how busy is it likely to be with it being Staffordshire school holidays on those dates? Thanks in advance for any replies.

LittlestarRed
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:57 am

Tom170499 wrote:
Going to the park on Wednesday and Thursday. From people's past experiences, how busy is it likely to be with it being Staffordshire school holidays on those dates? Thanks in advance for any replies.

I got back yesterday after being on resort since tuesday. It was a bit busy due to the school holidays, but not as bad as I was expecting.

A lot of schools go back on tuesday, so hopefully it won't be too bad!

Hope you have a great time!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:43 am

LittlestarRed wrote:
Tom170499 wrote:

I got back yesterday after being on resort since tuesday. It was a bit busy due to the school holidays, but not as bad as I was expecting.

A lot of schools go back on tuesday, so hopefully it won't be too bad!

Hope you have a great time!

Thank you :)

Amy10
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:24 pm

I'm going this wednesday and thursday too :D hopefully won't be too busy if most school are back.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Just to remind everyone, we have a dedicated topic here for discussing 'how busy it will be' so any further discussion on the subject can go in there.

SuperWill
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:15 am

Did anyone go to Alton Towers yesterday? If so, were the 'travellers' behaved or were they being their usual selves like queue jumping, being rude and threatening staff? Because I'm going today (Monday) and I hope they don't threaten me or beat me up.

rallyrob
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Im staying at the hotel on wensday can I use the woodland walk in the morning to get to the park

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:30 pm

rallyrob wrote:
Im staying at the hotel on wensday can I use the woodland walk in the morning to get to the park

Yes, there is no reason why it shouldn't be open. Just make sure you have your room card to get in for ERT, as well as a valid means of admission, whether this is a MAP or day ticket.

submission2001
TT Member
TT Member

Re: early ride time and submission

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Okay two question. 1. Why submission closed down and 2. On early ride time when you get early ride time pass at alton towers and gate is still shut how do you get inside the park.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:13 pm

submission2001 wrote:
Okay two question. 1. Why submission closed down and 2. On early ride time when you get early ride time pass at alton towers and gate is still shut how do you get inside the park.

1) No-one knows why Submission got removed. It's been suggested that AT found something wrong with it during the closed season that would have been unreasonably expensive to fix, so decided to remove it, but no-one knows for sure.

2) I'm not quite sure what you mean. The gates are opened at 9am and those with ERT go to the Battle Galleons lake to access the park. Those without ERT have to wait on and around Towers Street til 10 am.

rach2704
TT Member
TT Member

Early ride time?

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:50 pm

I go to AT on Monday and Tuesday :) which rides are on the early ride time this season?