UK theme parks from another point of view!

Michelle
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - Quick Questions

Thu May 08, 2014 2:04 pm

From previous experience, I believe you have to ring to pay the remainder :)

MizzHanza
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 09, 2014 1:12 pm

KatangaZebra
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Does anyone have the official Air logo, can't find it anywhere?

Cookie Monster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 12, 2014 7:58 pm

You mean this one? Image

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 13, 2014 7:16 pm

Can somebody tell me how Early Ride Time works at Alton Towers?
I'm arriving Friday afternoon, staying at the AT Hotel, and going to the park Saturday and Sunday. We have ERT included, but how does it work? Apparently they'll give us our Waterpark / Theme Park passes when we check in, but I'm still confused!

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue May 13, 2014 7:28 pm

Altitude wrote:
Can somebody tell me how Early Ride Time works at Alton Towers?
I'm arriving Friday afternoon, staying at the AT Hotel, and going to the park Saturday and Sunday. We have ERT included, but how does it work? Apparently they'll give us our Waterpark / Theme Park passes when we check in, but I'm still confused!

When you check in you'll also get your room card(s) and ticket in a wallet. For ERT you just head into the park for 9am on the Monorail, or through the Woodland Walk if it's open, and show your room card/ticket when requested and they'll let you through. You then have access to all the ride's on the ERT line-up until the park opens to everyone at 10am. It's that simple!

iburnthings
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Bit of a cheeky one.. does anyone know if you get ERT with the Sun free tickets, got some to visit next week and just wondering if we can get in earlyish. Thanks!

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue May 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Not that I'm aware of. ERT is exclusively for MAP guests, advance ticket purchases and hotel guests who purchase tickets as part of a package.

Enjoy your day :)

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 13, 2014 9:14 pm

lewis97 wrote:
When you check in you'll also get your room card(s) and ticket in a wallet. For ERT you just head into the park for 9am on the Monorail, or through the Woodland Walk if it's open, and show your room card/ticket when requested and they'll let you through. You then have access to all the ride's on the ERT line-up until the park opens to everyone at 10am. It's that simple!

Thank you! Big help :)

Jessi321
TT Member
TT Member

Questions regarding ATH overnight stay

Wed May 14, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi guys!

First time to Alton.

I've booked a stay at ATH on a Wednesday and will hopefully be arriving about 10am. What's the quickest way to get into the park from ATH? Should I use the woodland walk or use the monorail?

Also, what time does the Golf course close? Can't find times anywhere, only that it is still open after the park closes.

Thanks all :)

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Questions regarding ATH overnight stay

Wed May 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Jessi321 wrote:
Hi guys!

First time to Alton.

I've booked a stay at ATH on a Wednesday and will hopefully be arriving about 10am. What's the quickest way to get into the park from ATH? Should I use the woodland walk or use the monorail?

Also, what time does the Golf course close? Can't find times anywhere, only that it is still open after the park closes.

Thanks all :)

Extraordinary Golf SHOULD usually be open half hour after park closes (but it does then take up to 2 hours to complete!). They show the closing time on the electronic sign at the main gate. However last summer we exited the park at 6pm and got to golf at 6:15 and they had already shut. I did then complain :)

Cookie Monster
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Questions regarding ATH overnight stay

Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Jessi321 wrote:
Hi guys!

First time to Alton.

The monorail, (from my past experience,) is still causing havoc until eleven, so as you are a hotel guest I would recommend you take the Woodland Walk.

RubyGaga
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 15, 2014 8:59 am

Where are the entrances for the woodland walk in the park and hotel area??

Also can I use it to go back to the hotel

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu May 15, 2014 9:02 am

RubyGaga wrote:
Where are the entrances for the woodland walk in the park and hotel area??

Also can I use it to go back to the hotel

The entrance to the Woodland Walk at the hotel is towards the back of the garden in the left hand corner, and it brings you out in Forbidden Valley almost adjacent to Blade.

As for using it to get back to the hotel, you should be able to yes.

KitKat87
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 15, 2014 10:22 am

* Going on Tuesday 24 June *

Anyone been around this time before and if so, is it generally busy? Thanks. :)

jmp
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 15, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone here is a staff member and do you have a staff bus timetable? My boyfriend has currently figured out where and when to get one of his buses from but for getting home he has been told to look it up on the website. After hours of searching we have found a 2012 bus timetable which judging by the staff bus he has actually caught doesn't have the correct times for this year.

Any help would be amazing!

Thank you

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi, so I'm going AT a week on Thurs with a friend who hasn't been since before Oblivion opened (which should be illegal or something). She probably wont go again and is only going coz I was nagging her about what shes missing out on. I don't norally buy ride photography but seen as its a one time thing, I want to. So does anyone know how much the photo pass is, and how many pics you get. We have had them years ago but dont really know what the deal is with them this year. Cheers. :)

cybermen39
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi not sure where to post this but before trying Ebay i thought i would ask if anyone is interested in an Original Henry Hound Head. I brought 3 way back in 1994 when they were remade ready for the 1994 season but it never went ahead. he is in perfect condition. Please pm if interested

Kirsty25

Sun May 18, 2014 7:30 pm

stealthsmiler wrote:
Hi, so I'm going AT a week on Thurs with a friend who hasn't been since before Oblivion opened (which should be illegal or something). She probably wont go again and is only going coz I was nagging her about what shes missing out on. I don't norally buy ride photography but seen as its a one time thing, I want to. So does anyone know how much the photo pass is, and how many pics you get. We have had them years ago but dont really know what the deal is with them this year. Cheers. :)

The Ride Photo Pass is £25 this season I believe for 4 pictures, they were heavily pushing them on the entrance to Towers Street today.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 19, 2014 9:26 pm

thank you Kirsty.