UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
User avatar
Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous
Posts: 2598
Joined: December 2010
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Contact:

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:32 pm

I still adore this coaster, even if it doesn't adore me anymore. I am like Michelle too. The back half of the train is becoming increasingly harder for me to endure. Its purely because my body can't handle the forces and I come of feeling dizzy. Damn my body. But I can happily ride the front half, preferably front row, a couple of times in a row before needing a breather. It is such a special ride for many enthusiasts and even if it isn't the most popular one nowadays, its still probably the most respected ride on the park and still as iconic as ever and I still always get really exited when i see the bae!
 
rideslover
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1
Joined: August 2018

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Not as intense as people say!

Just a fun ride that has an interesting theme.
 
benpetben
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2
Joined: April 2019

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Is anyone else finding Nemesis really unpleasant this year (especially on back rows)?

I am finding the head banging worse than The Smiler and I don't know if anyone else gets this but I get a strange tingly feeling in my feet, like pins and needles (don't get that on Swarm or other forceful coasters).

Nemesis used to be my favourite ride, and I was just wondering if anyone else experiences what I do this year? I swear it wasn't that bad last year when I went.
 
User avatar
Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 507
Joined: January 2013
Location: Leeds

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:17 pm

I find quite the opposite really. I had the smoothest ride I’ve ever had on nemesis yesterday, even in the cold wind and rain.

Don’t forget, roughness also has a lot to do with how you sit on a coaster, not just where you sit. I find that if you relax and aren’t tense, the ride will be more enjoyable.
Image
 
Mikw
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 75
Joined: March 2018

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 pm

benpetben wrote:
Is anyone else finding Nemesis really unpleasant this year (especially on back rows)?

I am finding the head banging worse than The Smiler and I don't know if anyone else gets this but I get a strange tingly feeling in my feet, like pins and needles (don't get that on Swarm or other forceful coasters).

Nemesis used to be my favourite ride, and I was just wondering if anyone else experiences what I do this year? I swear it wasn't that bad last year when I went.

i hear you! I always bang my head on Nemesis but never on The Smiler.

I do like Nemesis though
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2289
Joined: June 2009
Location: Stockport

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Wed May 01, 2019 8:03 pm

I don't find Nemesis rough in the slightest.

Considering she's 25 years old, she's ageing very, very well in terms of a ride experience.
Image
Image
 
Mango18
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 11
Joined: April 2019

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 pm

Just got back from AT for the first time in afew years. Nemesis as good as ever. Does anyone else have the theme tune stuck in their head when they get home?

Impressed with the 15 minute waiting time for a bank holiday Monday.

Sorry to be off topic but what is it that makes a coaster rough with age? I still find Nemesis to be smooth and it’s 25 years old, where as others are worse over a shorter space of time. I’m no expert and tried googling but cant find out why so just curious?? Thanks!
 
User avatar
AltonOperator
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 360
Joined: March 2017
Location: Exactly 65.38 miles from Nemesis' entrance

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Tue May 07, 2019 9:23 pm

Mango18 wrote:
Just got back from AT for the first time in afew years.  Nemesis as good as ever.  Does anyone else have the theme tune stuck in their head when they get home?  

Impressed with the 15 minute waiting time for a bank holiday Monday.

Sorry to be off topic but what is it that makes a coaster rough with age? I still find Nemesis to be smooth and it’s 25 years old, where as others are worse over a shorter space of time.  I’m no expert and tried googling but cant find out why so just curious??  Thanks!

I believe it's to do with tiny misalignments between track pieces that develop over time. The individual parts also bend and warp because of the forces, which changes how the coaster moves around it. Sometimes not all 3 of the wheels in each set will actually touch the track all the time because they have slightly shifted. B&Ms are generally better than other manufacturers because they are made to high standards in the first place. They also have quite long sections of track which helps, as each transition between pieces is a place where there is potential for bumps and misalignment, so the longer the pieces, the less pieces and transitions needed. Its sort of a combination of all these things but it applies to steel coasters only. Woodies are a whole different thing.
Image
Image
Thanks Jack
 
Mango18
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 11
Joined: April 2019

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Mon May 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Thanks! Let’s hope it carries on that way I love it so much!

It’s a shame about the red water but understand why they had to stop it. I wish they’d paint the rocks red where the water flows to give it the illusion of blood red water. This I’m sure would never happen haha.
 
User avatar
Smiling.Always
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 12
Joined: July 2019
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:56 pm

I always got confused with the red river as I always assumed the water was self contained so never flowed back to a natural water but doing that could solve a lot of issues. Correct me if I'm wrong or talking rubbish! Lol
Don't Look Down..... Smile.Always!
Finally got a Premium Merlin Pass!! :D
 
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1413
Joined: April 2018

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:11 pm

Smiling.Always wrote:
I always got confused with the red river as I always assumed the water was self contained so never flowed back to a natural water but doing that could solve a lot of issues. Correct me if I'm wrong or talking rubbish! Lol

I suspect they thought the same when they dyed the water red. Sadly, water has a tendency of finding the tiniest of gaps, such as through the ground, and getting everywhere it's not meant to be. :P
Image
 
User avatar
Smiling.Always
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 12
Joined: July 2019
Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:28 am

Swarm Chris wrote:
Smiling.Always wrote:
I always got confused with the red river as I always assumed the water was self contained so never flowed back to a natural water but doing that could solve a lot of issues. Correct me if I'm wrong or talking rubbish! Lol

I suspect they thought the same when they dyed the water red. Sadly, water has a tendency of finding the tiniest of gaps, such as through the ground, and getting everywhere it's not meant to be. :P

I never thought about that :P Just looking online I came across some dyes that are safe for fish, plant's ect, but I guess it all comes down to money. The only other option I could think of is red lights underwater, that could give a nice affect.
Don't Look Down..... Smile.Always!
Finally got a Premium Merlin Pass!! :D
 
User avatar
Mr_Gibson
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 32
Joined: March 2019
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 pm

I’ve seen on Instagram that it looks like they are planning something with Nemesis on National Rollercoaster Day. Anyone got any guesses what?
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2289
Joined: June 2009
Location: Stockport

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:44 pm

Mr_Gibson wrote:
I’ve seen on Instagram that it looks like they are planning something with Nemesis on National Rollercoaster Day. Anyone got any guesses what?


The Facebook event they have created for it indicates whatever they do will finish at 8pm.

The last time they did something for Nemesis I’m sure they had some sort of presentation then an ERT session, so it’ll be interesting to see if they repeat this or whether they do something different.

I also wonder whether they will allow normal park visitors to access whatever they do, given it’s being advertised on social media, as I’m sure the last event they held was by invite only, but could be wrong.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Mr_Gibson
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 32
Joined: March 2019
Location: Staffordshire

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:43 pm

Sounds interesting! It’ll be interesting to see what they do.
 
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1413
Joined: April 2018

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:11 pm

As reported by TowersTimes News, this weekend Alton Towers Resort will be marking National Rollercoaster Day with a special 3-day celebration to mark the 25th anniversary of Nemesis.

During the 3-day celebration starting Friday, there will be several special experiences. At the start of each day, the first 250 riders on Nemesis will receive a Nemesis 25 pin badge. Legendary designer John Wardley will be hosting special meet and greets throughout the weekend. Whilst at the end of each day, guests can ride Nemesis for an additional hour, with the ride remaining open until 7pm.

The Resort has also announced several offers, including £25 park entry and a free digital Nemesis on-ride photo for anyone who brings an existing on-ride photo from any of the Resort's attractions with them. Additionally all Nemesis merchandise will have a 25% price reduction. The Nemesis on-ride photo has also been updated for the weekend event.

So to begin the celebrations, here's an on-ride video we made in conjunction with Alton Towers Resort.

Enjoy! :)

Image
 
Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1145
Joined: March 2015
Location: Rotherham

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Alton have said John will be around "Throughout the weekend". However, on a post by Merlin Backstage they said that John would only be present on the Friday.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1770!
Ride count 2019: 618!
Cred count: 88!

Image
 
User avatar
Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1413
Joined: April 2018

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Commissioned by Alton Towers as part of the 25th anniversary of Nemesis, take an aerial view of Nemesis in action.

Image
 
User avatar
Justin
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2753
Joined: April 2014

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Yeah, I saw it on Facebook when they released it. Such a cool video. That is some talented drone pilot. Hopefully we will see more videos like this across the Merlin coasters! :)
Image
Image
 
Mango18
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 11
Joined: April 2019

Re: Nemesis - General Discussion

Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:15 pm

I absolutely adore this coaster but I have noticed how rough the last corkscrew has become recently. It seems out of no where.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 107 guests