UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: General Discussion 2014

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:35 pm

It's certainly good to see another big coaster on the ERT line-up, I know many people were disappointed that Oblivion wasn't on the list last season.

Of course the decision will be: Do you head over to forbidden Valley first to do a few rides on Nemesis before doing Air at 10am? Try and do both Nemesis and Oblivion during ERT meaning a sprint across the park, or head straight to X-Sector, ride Oblivion a couple of times before queuing for The Smiler?

ERT is always going to be tricky to get absolutely perfect, you could argue that maybe it would be better if they opened everything in one area. However, I doubt the resort would want to have a potentially large number of people concentrated in one area so early. The new line up will spread those with ERT across the park quite nicely.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:37 pm

I think it's good of them to open Oblivion.

On balance, get Nemmy done, and queue early for Air, as Oblivion often doesn't get massive queues during the day. :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Nice to see my favourite ride on the ERT line up :D Wasn't open this half term!  :(

They should really add more thrill rides though, two isn't enough!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:50 pm

You also have family rides such as Duel, RMT and The Blade, as well as stuff in Mutiny Bay (not the Flume)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:52 pm

lf2001 wrote:
Nice to see my favourite ride on the ERT line up :D Wasn't open this half term!  :(

Honestly two is enough, how much more do people want before they open the park at 9  :roll: I just think people should be happy we get the early ride time and that we get the rides we do, the resort could be mean n just open flats and dark rides. It's nice they have re-added oblivion though :)

SamSimkin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:38 pm

How do you get early ride time? Because we won tickets so would we get it?
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 pm

TheSmilerMan wrote:
lf2001 wrote:

Honestly two is enough, how much more do people want before they open the park at 9  :roll: I just think people should be happy we get the early ride time and that we get the rides we do, the resort could be mean n just open flats and dark rides. It's nice they have re-added oblivion though :)

Yeah but there's only two thrill rides and the rest family rides, they could at least add another.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 pm

SamSimkin wrote:
How do you get early ride time? Because we won tickets so would we get it?

Early Ride time is available for Annual Pass holders, hotel guests, and those who have pre-booked their tickets online. I'm not sure what the situation would be if you have won your tickets through a competition - I would advise contacting Alton Towers to find out.

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:42 pm

I really like the ERT line up. It has a wide variety of attractions from thills, to mediums, to smalls, if that makes sense :lol:

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 am

Oblivion will get some queues though. Obviously people will go to Oblivion, and then at 10am they all will just go to the Smiler. So there might be some queues even though it's early ride time...

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:48 am

lf2001 wrote:
Oblivion will get some queues though. Obviously people will go to Oblivion, and then at 10am they all will just go to the Smiler. So there might be some queues even though it's early ride time...

Obviously, it will be different with the smiler, but in 2012, Oblivion had no queue during ERT :)

Altonboy001
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 pm

I think that alton towers need to introduce The Smiler to ERT as it would make a more pleasent queue line throughout the day. Also I think the park should open certain rides for longer, a different selection of rides each month or week, also the park may need to give Rita a touch up as all that scaffolding is so annoying as it's like a maze and is terrible to get around. First time goers would be really confused as the entrance is not clear anymore, it's also hard to see the entrance to Th13teen , that scaffolding's been there since 2012 when Rita's cable snapped. They need to bring the table and chairs back, they set a really good ambience in the area.

Credit to Nemesis rider

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:19 pm

blunj001 wrote:
I think that alton towers need to introduce The Smiler to ERT as it would make a more pleasent queue line throughout the day. Also I think the park should open certain rides for longer, a different selection of rides each month or week, also the park may need to give Rita a touch up as all that scaffolding is so annoying as it's like a maze and is terrible to get around. First time goers would be really confused as the entrance is not clear anymore, it's also hard to see the entrance to Th13teen , that scaffolding's been there since 2012 when Rita's cable snapped. They need to bring the table and chairs back, they set a really good ambience in the area.

Yes! That scaffolding looked awful, if there is a danger from the cable snapping then a better looking more permanent solution should be added.

Also they struggled to get Smiler open for 10:30 last year even when it was due to open at 10am, so it is probably better to leave it off ERT this season and give it some time to bed in still.

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:51 pm

I wouldn't expect The Smiler to be on ERT until at least next season, if at all.

ERT is a bonus, and it has always been operated with rides that require the least amount of start up checks and minimal pre park opening maintenance.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:15 pm

Just had confirmation from Alton Towers via their Facebook page that people entering the park using the birthday vouchers that come with the Premium Pack do qualify for ERT as long as they all enter together. (There was some confusion as you have to redeem the vouchers at the ticket office on the day. Usually tickets purchased on the day wouldn't qualify for ERT.)

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:50 pm

They should add Thirteen to ERT too, and Air and Rita. Why do none of these ever open for ERT?

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Wasn't th13teen on ERT last year??

Altonboy001
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:24 pm

DannyG wrote:
Wasn't th13teen on ERT last year??

Yeah! It was replaced by blivvy which is quite good tbh

Kimberley
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Changing the subject slightly:

Credit to josht from TowersStreet for the image.

Very disappointing to see - it completely ruins the bridge :|
Thanks to Danny for the signature (:

Altonboy001
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Kimberley wrote:
Changing the subject slightly:

Credit to josht from TowersStreet for the image.

Very disappointing to see - it completely ruins the bridge :|

When did they do that I was only there exactly a week ago! And most importantly why!!!!!!!!