UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Yes, that could be classed as fraud. Even if you add the two other guests onto your booking it should still work out cheaper per person than splitting the cost between two of you (admittedly not as cheap as booking the room for 2 and splitting between 4). Although you are subject to a £25 admin fee, so I'm not sure if that negates that.

If they instead choose to stay off-site, then they're still able to come back to the hotel in the evening, after spending the day at the park.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am

Alton Towers have just posted on Twitter that they've extended today's ride close until 7pm.

Lotty
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:51 pm

by Starlight expresser » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey guys, just wondered I'm going to alton towers for scarefest in October and am staying 3 nights in the alton towers hotel. I'm going with my partner so have paid for 2 people, is there a problem if 2 others join our room without actually booking them into my package? Only reason I say this is because it works out cheaper the more people you have to occupy the room so I have technically paid the same amount. I do realise breakfast causes an issue. If that's a problem is there any issue with friends coming into the park with us and see the evening hotel show then they leave after for a local b&b?

As far as im aware you'd prob only pay extra for the 2 extra breakfasts as you've already paid for the room. but the one reason you shouldn't do it without letting them know is mainly insurance reasons for the hotel, if something happens you'll have no leg to stand on or incase of a fire they won't know they are there. and if you give them plenty of notice i wouldn't of thought they'd charge to more just to change it.

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Lotty wrote:
by Starlight expresser » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey guys, just wondered I'm going to alton towers for scarefest in October and am staying 3 nights in the alton towers hotel. I'm going with my partner so have paid for 2 people, is there a problem if 2 others join our room without actually booking them into my package? Only reason I say this is because it works out cheaper the more people you have to occupy the room so I have technically paid the same amount. I do realise breakfast causes an issue. If that's a problem is there any issue with friends coming into the park with us and see the evening hotel show then they leave after for a local b&b?

As far as im aware you'd prob only pay extra for the 2 extra breakfasts as you've already paid for the room. but the one reason you shouldn't do it without letting them know is mainly insurance reasons for the hotel, if something happens you'll have no leg to stand on or incase of a fire they won't know they are there. and if you give them plenty of notice i wouldn't of thought they'd charge to more just to change it.

Jeez. Health and safety these days. The chances of the hotel burning down to the ground and your friends not being able to escape are increadibly thin (basicly 0) but then you could argue. There is always the probability of everything.

Balb0wa
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Makes you wonder how many folk do this, no wonder you cant find anywhere to sit in the hotels at night.

But then again, if they are spending money in the bars, why would Alton Towers mind.

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:41 pm

I know right. Of my mum wants a seat at night (especially scarefest) I have to go reserved the seat 2 hours before the event starts that night. Meaning I get back from the park, do a quick change and go sit in a seat with my iPad, then wait whilst my mum has a shower, does her makeup and whatever else girls do.

Doddy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi I recently read that there is on ride photography available for dual has this been removed or have I just missed it on each visit?

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:13 pm

You have just missed it on every visit Doddy...although that is quite difficult, as the flash is really bright.
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

Doddy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 pm

oh wow I probably thought of it as a effect and to be honest I've never stuck around in the shop to see the photos. May get one next time as dual doesn't seam to have much in the way of merchandise.

Jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Yesterday the ticket machines broke outside the park, meaning that nobody apart from annual passholders could get in for an hour and a half!
As well as this, The Smiler did NOT open for ERT, and in fact didn't open until about 10:40am. It then closed once to take a train off, and again to change trains, both whilst I was in the SRQ meaning that it took an hour! Duel also broke down.
In light of this, they did extend to 7pm leading to me getting an insane ridecount of 22 on Nemesis! :lol:

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Alton Towers have today released new info on ERT.

Here is the link http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/early-ride-time

Discuss below!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Put Blivy and duel on and I'll be pleased. Too short for me and I quite liked the smiler on it because not much queuing.

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:55 am

Duel photos were only worth buying when they use to put the scores you got on the photo. They should now move it back to the end where that monster use to pop out. Now it's just got a disco light in there.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 am

That disco light makes me want to steal the gargoyle off haunted hollow and stick it there instead. If anyone does do that please remove the lasers and LEDs. And make it a HAUNTED house while you're at it. Broke down about one second before the camera last time and was posing for 20 minutes to get evacced... :lol

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi. Just wondering where you can buy the photo passes which I believe entitle you to 4 photos for £25?

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
Hi. Just wondering where you can buy the photo passes which I believe entitle you to 4 photos for £25?

From one of the Merlin upsellers who collar you as soon as you get through the turnstiles :)

If not then you can buy them from any on-ride photo booth.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks for the quick reply :)

inFusion
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:29 pm

What's the best deal for ride photos? Is there a way to view them online instead of buying prints?

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:32 pm

^You only get the download if you buy the photo. The best deal is probably the photopass.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:03 pm

I agree. When I went in the summer, they gave me a voucher for a half-price picture after the photopass expired!