UK theme parks from another point of view!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:48 pm

Had so much fun yesterday. Because its now a quiet spell they don't have the actors in sub-terra so after the drop I put in my smile maker and along with the strobe lighting and general chaos during the ride exit I used that to scare some people running through the maze as well as the lift.

Wore it on the Smiler too and got some strange looks haha, they obviously don't get into the spirit of things and are boring!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Zach
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 am

I'm surprised ypu weren't told to take it off on The Smiler, they tend to have fear that'll you'll swallow it while going which I can understand. The people on Smiler aren't boring, they just can't scare people anymore they do tend to put in more than other ride groups however it depends who you get working on the ride as it varies daily :P

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:23 am

I meant the public gave me odd looks, not the staff. It was actually Shelagh who wanted me to buy one and wear it haha :p Marcus and another guy wear the mouth pieces quite a bit.

I've also worn the goggles on it too, they don't tend to be too bothered on Smiler but Oblivion I was told to take my earphones out and tuck it inside my shirt.. I mean they were run of the mill iphone earphones not dr dre beats.

RubyGaga
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:21 am

http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/early-ride-time/:
Three ways to get Early access from 9am-10am to selected rides and attractions....
Book your Theme Park tickets as part of your Resort Hotel Stay.

Righty then, Im staying in the hotel for two nights, one day im using free Sun tickets, and another day Im using 2 for 1. Doesthis mean I cant show my hotel pass to the guys who let you in the park? I only stay in the hotel for ERT if im honest ](*,) ](*,)

Zach
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:46 pm

Yes you can show them your hotel key card on the morning after your hotel stay, that will grant you ERT, however just so you know the woodland walk is currently closed. Also if your visiting the following day after your sun free tickets, why don't you buy bounce tickets before you leave the park that day for your next day, it works out a lot cheaper than using 2-4-1's as I think bounce back tickets are £11/£12 each.

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Next day bouncebacks are £9.60 each. I bought some last year using sun free tickets so it is possible to do.

Towers jamie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Are next day bouncebacks available during scarefest?

Thanks

Zach
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Towers jamie wrote:
Are next day bouncebacks available during scarefest?

Thanks

Yes they are :)

Inferno Attractions
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:13 pm

I had no idea where to put this but I had to tell you all.

Today I went to Towers wearing an EPIC T-SHIRT (TT one :lol) and 2 members of staff acknowledged it.

1st :This was in Berry Bish Bash (It shall always be BBB) so I couldn't hear a word he was saying but he pointed at the TT logo and had a huge grin on his face.

2nd :At the ORP collection area. "Let me guess, Tower Times" My face was this --> :D

Sorry if this isn't appropriate for the AT General Discussion page but I didn't know where to put it and it did happen at AT.
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:54 am

Bonjour, long time no post! I honestly can't believe how long it has been! GCSEs and now A Levels have given me a real kicking but the effort will be worth it I know. Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. On the 17th my friends and I are going to Alton Towers with our sixth form and I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me. I'm a rolelrocatser nut and I love AT but, being a southerner and all, I'm more at home at Thorpe Park. Will it be worth doing fast track for rides like the smiler? Is it likely to be that busy, being a Friday before half term? And where would you advise going first as I've got an idea of which way round to go round the park and which times to ride, obviously having a late lunch to get the smaller queues at the "traditional" lunch time. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but any help would be much appreciated. And a word of advice for anyone in Year 11, who will be doing A Levels next year: GCSEs are like having a girly pillow fight. A Levels are like fighting Lord Voldemort with a plastic spoon.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:55 pm

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
Bonjour, long time no post! I honestly can't believe how long it has been! GCSEs and now A Levels have given me a real kicking but the effort will be worth it I know. Anyway, I've gone off on a tangent. On the 17th my friends and I are going to Alton Towers with our sixth form and I was wondering if you guys had any advice for me. I'm a rolelrocatser nut and I love AT but, being a southerner and all, I'm more at home at Thorpe Park. Will it be worth doing fast track for rides like the smiler? Is it likely to be that busy, being a Friday before half term? And where would you advise going first as I've got an idea of which way round to go round the park and which times to ride, obviously having a late lunch to get the smaller queues at the "traditional" lunch time. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but any help would be much appreciated. And a word of advice for anyone in Year 11, who will be doing A Levels next year: GCSEs are like having a girly pillow fight. A Levels are like fighting Lord Voldemort with a plastic spoon.

Half Term doesn't begin until the 27th October. Also the day you are visiting is the day before Scarefest starts, therefore I would expect it to be moderately busy.

A lot of people will be holding off for Scarefest so you may be pleasantly surprised by the queue times as the period between the summer holidays and Scarefest is traditionally quite quiet.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:43 pm

My kinda day!

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:27 pm

Dan.N wrote:

Half Term doesn't begin until the 27th October. Also the day you are visiting is the day before Scarefest starts, therefore I would expect it to be moderately busy.

A lot of people will be holding off for Scarefest so you may be pleasantly surprised by the queue times as the period between the summer holidays and Scarefest is traditionally quite quiet.

Merci beaucoup. I'm hoping that it wont be too busy, fingers crossed for some walk ons!

Georgia_Leigh
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Was in the park today on a school trip and got talking to a guy who was digging up some of the ground near the two goblin like creatures on the shortcut to haunted hollow, he said it was so that tubes could be out underneath the ground and bellow out smoke or something when someone walks past. Does anyone know more of this?
Courtesy of lewis97

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Guys, website has changed!!!!!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:15 pm

TTheory wrote:
Guys, website has changed!!!!!

This was discussed in the sb yesterday, I don't like it, and it's not mobile optimised :/

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:25 pm

its been changed to be quite similar to the AT app, although I dislike it tbh
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:40 pm

I don't like it either, why can't it just have a scroll bar at the right hand side like any other website, I can understand them changing the look of it but why remove the scroll bar? :no:

Osaka12
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:34 am

Probably because it's easier to navigate on a tablet/phone.. It's a good angle to work with to be fair, but I agree a button to switch to PC friendly layout would be nice!

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:11 pm

As well as completely refitting the waterpark changing rooms, Leek Signs have also refreshed some of the Extraordinary Golf signage.

Before

After