UK theme parks from another point of view!

Martin
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Me too. I'll be getting up at 05:30 for a 6:30 set off.
Can't wait to get back to my fave Uk place.
Went at half term but opening day proper is going to be awesome, especially as I shall be meeting up with some of you.
BRING IT ON !!!!
BOW TIES ARE COOL!

Air15
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Same here :D went in febuary half term but I can't wait to be marmalised by the smile again, drop into oblivion and best of all can't wait to ride and try out the Octonauts rollercoaster adventure :lol

RIDECRAZY
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:25 pm

Alton Towers made a snapchat a few months ago but never used it, today it sprung to life and provided an exciting insight into the final preparations for the 2015 season! Here are screenshots of the Snapchat's they posted on their story! The Octonaughts Testing Screenshot is actually a video and shows clear signs of effects being used, water in particular, it looks incredibly well done! The frogs on Towers Street also look freshly painted which is always a nice little touch, especially being one of the first things guests see!
ImageImage

If you'd like to see the snapchats yourself and see the video of the Octonaughts Coaster testing, add AT on snapchat: alton-towers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:34 pm

That's pretty damn exciting!!!
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

SmilerLover
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Agreed!
Credit to NemesisRider for this awsome signature! :moj

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 am

Alton Towers is NOW OPEN FOR 2015!!!!!!!!!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

MerlinFan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:42 am

YAAAYYYYY!!! Now just need to work out when me and my hubby can go... hmmm

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:29 am

Why does Nemesis sub-terra open at 11am?? is it because there are actors in it? :dizzy:

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:45 am

Towersstreet are reporting that Dark forest is now only open from 11am and Ripsaw, Sub-Terra, The Flume, River Rapids are only opening at 12!?!?!?!?!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

evenstar120
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:48 am

Not sure I like these amended opening times. Is it true they have removed the SRQ for Nemmy and Rita??

Nathan_Fisher
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:12 pm

I can understand the staggered openings last year (skyride, sub terra, the flume and rapids) But that's ridiculous now! How can they close an entire area until 11 am, this won't be adequate especially with peak summer crowds. The rapids and the flume have opened late for a while, so i can see why they are keeping this the same. They're getting like PA with their staggered openings. Hopefully this will be amended late on in the year. I don't like having rants on here, but Alton Towers really need to reconsider this.

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:59 pm

evenstar120 wrote:
Not sure I like these amended opening times. Is it true they have removed the SRQ for Nemmy and Rita??

coastin.net has put on Facebook that all signage for the srq on Nemesis has been took down and baggage holds put infront of where the queue used to be. Not sure about Rita though. If this is true, I think getting rid of the single rider queues is a real shame especially for enthusiasts like us who want to get as many rides in as possible. A big mistake in my eyes.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:39 pm

evenstar120 wrote:
Is it true they have removed the SRQ for Nemmy and Rita??

They were closed today as well as fast track queues, not sure why exactly, guess from other people they have been removed.

I went to DF just after 11am and the queues for th13teen were getting as far back as the scaffolding where Rita goes overhead and by then Rita was just boarding its first guests.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:28 pm

The staggered ride openings are certainly a controversial move by the resort, and it will be interesting to see whether they retain these opening times for the rest of the season. It hasn't helped that guests weren't aware of these changes prior to visiting today, however on Twitter they have confirmed that signage will be added around the theme park in the coming weeks to detail the different openings.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Why is one of the parks top 2 most popular areas opening late, close enterprise and Oblivon instead of rides which are the two highest queues apart from the smiler and octonauts?

SmilerLover
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:31 pm

I think its a shame with the staggered opening. It means that thrill seakers will have less time on the rides

Balb0wa
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Shocking move from Towers, 2 main rides opening late, its not on, just makes oblivion and the smiler busier, pathetic. I may just sell my pass voucher this year.

SmilerLover
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:00 pm

It probably won't stay in place. It might just be so newer staff members have time to adjust to their new jobs

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Alton Towers Twitter in regards to the closure of Single Rider queue lines:

It's due to Single Riders slowing the loading of the ride, particularly Nemesis, however we are listening to all feedback :-)

Unfortunately they were not meeting guest expectations, and the removal will allow the rides to run to their full potential...

https://twitter.com/DormiensDave/status ... 7084304384

Disappointing start to the season @altontowers, a quarter of the park opening late, rides on half capacity & rotting theming :(

I actually agree completely. For the grand opening day of 2015 season it was pretty bad as if they were unprepared.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:12 pm

weather staggering ride openings is because of training staff, cutting costs or directing guests 'flow' around the park, it's not on. People expect to arrive at a theme park and be able to go on all the rides, not to have this ridiculous staggered opening, especially for what they charge to get in the park. I can only see this move increasing queue times as people will rush onto the open rides causing higher delays and then everyone will flock to the open rides once they do open. A bad move and a hassle for everyone- especially the unsuspecting general public.