UK theme parks from another point of view!

RyanJames
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:54 pm

sum1mad wrote:
I guess it's pretty obvious they wanted to report it to the mirror or something, almost as a revenge or something.

Very true, it almost seems like everyone wants a piece of the action at this point.

If the park was just one person, wouldn't this be classed as bullying? HA! Just a thought. Surely the public must be getting bored of hearing about AT now? I know I am, and I could talk about the park all day!

That being said my thoughts are with everyone involved.
@therealrnixon

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:43 pm

sum1mad wrote:
I also think it's a bit pathetic that they said 'we just want to go home', who would want to do that if its first thing in the morning?

I agree with that, I would be slightly upset that I'd missed out on the hour or so that I could have been on other rides, however after receiving free tickets to return, I would be happy and carry on with the rest of the day - so much so that I would actually be glad that it had happened!

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Worst article yet:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/45 ... The-Smiler
"The fact so many parents had given the green-light to let their kids attend left both us and staff members shocked."
](*,)

TH14TEEN

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:37 pm

I see nothing wrong with the above article, in comparison to many of the daily mirror ride breakdown articles.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:05 pm

TH14TEEN wrote:
I see nothing wrong with the above article.

Other than its a waste of time and just an excuse to re-ignite peoples awareness to the GP.

Of course business is going to resume as usual..
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:46 am

I have a few problems with this article. Admittedly it's not as desperate as The Mirror's but the reporters clearly know absolutely nothing about theme parks.

All employees were clearly on a major charm offensive with every worker in the resort extra attentive, taking time to ask us if there was anything they could do to help.

The move is in stark contrast to previous visits where staff used to feel disengaged with customers.

Now I don't know about anyone else but aren't Alton Towers staff usually like this? I can't say I've ever had a bad experience with customer service there. Alton Towers have arguably the best staff in the Merlin chain.

While remaining tightlipped about new rules, we have no doubt ride operators checking harnesses multiple times is on the list as during our secret visit we often had our safety buckles checked two or three times before take-off.

Again, isn't this just normal? I highly doubt these reporters visited earlier in the season. Even Google will tell you this is just a normal process, people may just be more aware.

The fact so many parents had given the green-light to let their kids attend left both us and staff members shocked.

This blatantly shows they know nothing about Alton Towers. They haven't had an incident in 10 years. That's a long time, especially for a park with attendance like Alton Towers has. Things do unfortunately go wrong and that has consequences, but Merlin have been doing everything right since the accident in my opinion.

Anyways, that's just my views.

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 am

That last one is a ridiculous piece of journalism, I fail to believe that a staff member would've even nearly uttered those words. It also makes it sound as if they believe that parents who did allow their kids to go are bad parents.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:26 am

NemesisRider wrote:

All employees were clearly on a major charm offensive with every worker in the resort extra attentive, taking time to ask us if there was anything they could do to help.

The move is in stark contrast to previous visits where staff used to feel disengaged with customers.

Now I don't know about anyone else but aren't Alton Towers staff usually like this? I can't say I've ever had a bad experience with customer service there. Alton Towers have arguably the best staff in the Merlin chain.

TBH I have found that although they don't have the worst customer service, they also don't have the best. It can be hit and miss with different staff, some having amazing customer service and some have dreadful whilst the majority are okay but could improve. The main problem is their customer complaints procedure where you dont get to speak to relevant staff, you just fill out the survey on the iPad.

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 am

Staff have been trained to be ask how guests are etc. since the 90's. I believe it was revived when Merlin took over from DIC. Since then it has been rolled out to other attractions in the group.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:04 am

Ridetimes saying Octonauts is 350 minutes :-)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:10 am

Themepark247360 wrote:
Ridetimes saying Octonauts is 350 minutes :-)

It will have been an error as now it says 35 :)

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 am

It's down to 35 now, so it must have been a mistake. Just slightly off topic, 350 minutes is 5.8 hours so if you joined the queue at 11, you would leave at about 4:45 :D

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 am

Yeah its 35 now. Kinda dissapointed :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Morgan wrote:
Worst article yet:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-life/45 ... The-Smiler
"The fact so many parents had given the green-light to let their kids attend left both us and staff members shocked."
](*,)

All I can say is what.

'... us and staff members shocked'. That has been twisted, badly, the staff member said its suprising that people are there after the incident, not that they are shocked that parents allowed their children to go.

DOOMED: The Smiler will remain closed

What

DOOMED: The Smiler will remain closed

Forget this, I am not even going to say anything.

Hamlet
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:17 pm

My first visit to AT in a while today and it was eerily quiet.

Other than the obvious why would this be the case?

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Seeing as how the past couple of weeks have been quiet it seems Alton Towers are bringing closing back to 5pm starting tomorrow, should be 6pm.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:52 pm

I just noticed that the alton towers app (containing offers and ride times) has been taken off the App Store. It might just be me though :P

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:57 pm

sum1mad wrote:
I just noticed that the alton towers app (containing offers and ride times) has been taken off the App Store. It might just be me though :P

It must just be you cause I have just downloaded it from Google Play Store for Android. Do you use an Apple device?

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
sum1mad wrote:

It must just be you cause I have just downloaded it from Google Play Store for Android. Do you use an Apple device?

Yup :P

scottwsmith
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:15 pm

It almost seem like Daily Mirror have changed their tune!! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... there.html