UK theme parks from another point of view!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:19 pm

Liam.W wrote:
I love that music! TowersStreet mention about more new music in their post, anyone know what these are?

Well the Galactica soundtrack is new.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:29 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Liam.W wrote:
I love that music! TowersStreet mention about more new music in their post, anyone know what these are?

Well the Galactica soundtrack is new.

Yea but I meant something else such as area music. -__-
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1724!
Ride count 2019: 572!
Cred count: 88!

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:40 pm

That music does give such an impression of magic and I expect it will really emphasise the excitement of entering the park. I honestly think that with all the TLC and promises of future investments, that Alton Towers really has a long term plan to literally transform the park. I realise at the moment that the TLC is fairly minimal, but I believe these are just quick fixes ready for the bigger changes and additions to appear. The magical music and the closure of old rides hints that the park is undergoing such an important stage of its lifetime and I am excited to see the park develop. In the past I've never been convinced that Alton Towers would ever be "magical" and the additions seemed entertaining but standard, and atmospherically weak or out of place with the park. Despite this, I have the feeling that the next few years are really going to see Alton Towers starting to produce higher quality attractions and becoming more than just a standard theme park.

ben199
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:07 pm

So yeah, absolute shambles today in terms of operations. I counted five times where I went to a ride or was in the queue and it went down and Rita was barely open as was Skyride. To be fair to the staff dispatches were really quick but Nemesis and Rita were on one train and Thirteen was on two so even though the park felt dead the queues were about twenty minutes. Obviously it being AT I still had a fab day but they seriously need to improve for next week

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:16 pm

ben199 wrote:
So yeah, absolute shambles today in terms of operations. I counted five times where I went to a ride or was in the queue and it went down and Rita was barely open as was Skyride. To be fair to the staff dispatches were really quick but Nemesis and Rita were on one train and Thirteen was on two so even though the park felt dead the queues were about twenty minutes. Obviously it being AT I still had a fab day but they seriously need to improve for next week

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What you have to remember is that today will have been the first day where the majority of the staff will have operated the rides in a live environment i.e with guests on.

Also, while all the attractions will have been tested they won't have been put through their paces quite so often so technical issues are always going to occur while the rides get used to running continuously again.

Hopefully with tomorrow being Services Day and more rigorous testing next week the reliability will be much better on opening day.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:36 am

Here are some images from moisttv Facebook

Sonics gone -

Scaffolding in the Dark Forest tunnel -

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:06 pm

In all fairness at least the scaffolding looks better - it sort of fits the abandoned raceway sort of theme I guess...

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:23 pm

Oh I like the scaffolding, it goes with the theme of the dark forest - something that many seem to forget ;)

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:30 pm

Jimmy The Fly Guy on YouTube has a few videos on his channel from above via what I imagine is a quadcopter of some kind, some nice overviews from above of The Smiler & Oblivion testing during close can be seen.

PS: There is a title of a video which has profanity in it.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:06 pm

This article states that there have been 98 job losses at the resort, rather than the 190 that were originally suggested.

Air15
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:18 pm

Don't know weather to post this here but just seen on Towers Street Facebook page that Katanga Canyon has also had a new soundtrack for the area this year but it's the old soundtrack

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:56 pm

The Resort's website has now been updated with details of the Fastrack packages available this year.

Not too sure how it compares to previous year's, but it's £3 to fastrack each fastrack-able ride, excluding The Smiler and Galactica which are £10 each, which means it makes no sense to buy any of the packages (aside from Platinum) as it's cheaper to purchase individual fastracks for the respective rides...

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:04 pm

lewis97 wrote:
The Resort's website has now been updated with details of the Fastrack packages available this year.

Not too sure how it compares to previous year's, but it's £3 to fastrack each fastrack-able ride, aside from The Smiler and Galactica which are £10 each, which means it makes no sense to buy any of the packages (aside from Platinum) as it's cheaper to purchase individual fastracks for the respective rides...

Ha ha! The fastrack solos were £5 last year, I got one for my little cousin for Spinball.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:04 pm

The website has now been updated to say that Fastrack Solos are £5 per ride, so they're no longer undermining their own pricing structure.

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:08 pm

Does anyone else hate fast track and just see it as a money making thing? Why can't everybody just join the same queue.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:24 pm

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:
Does anyone else hate fast track and just see it as a money making thing? Why can't everybody just join the same queue.

It's a bit of a pain, especially when the main queue is already very long (which causes more people to use it), but if people are willing to pay it's a fairly pain-free way for the park to make money, which can ultimately go towards new developments.

With regards to the prices going down to all £5, I agree with this move. Some family rides had cheaper fastrack than some thrill rides and in some cases (thinking The Flume and Nemesis), the queue for the family ride was longer than the queue for the thrill ride. If there should be any differing prices, it should be down to the ride's average queue, not the thrill level.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Its nice as an option to have. Most here are MAP holders in some capacity so won't mind not getting a tonne of rides done in a single day as they may be back soon however those who travel long distances or make a yearly trip its nice to have select packages available to make the most out of the time you have on park.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:08 am

TowersTimes Facebook have posted the 2016 park map.

It's been updated to include the new additions and to reflect the closures of attractions and food outlets across the park this season, and also restructured to list the attractions by thrill type rather than area. The new 'Coffee Lounge' in Forbidden Valley will serve Starbucks coffee, while The Burger Kitchen in Cloud Cuckoo Land will also serve "Seattle's Best Coffee" - a Starbucks brand.

Roodie
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:21 am

I just wanted to add my 2p, so hopefully you might see why it is beneficial. I have 2 young boys, who can not go on any thrill rides. If I didn't fast track any of the thrill rides then I wouldn't be able to do them. As a 4 year old does not understand that they might have to wait 2 hours so that Dad, followed by Mum (waiting an hour each) can scream like little girls.

It doesn't mean I agree with them, but while they are there I will use them so the whole family can still have a good day out. Nothing worse then young children getting bored and miserable.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:10 pm

All attractions will open at 10am tomorrow except rapids which will open at 11am.

Good news!