UK theme parks from another point of view!

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers - General Discussion

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:33 pm

There's another photo over on towerstreet and the ride structure has pretty much gone. Hardly a surprise. When we did have #PrayForBlade there was a decent reason for its removal. At the moment there isn't one as far as we know. Hate to say it but if SW8 isn't successful things are just going to get worse and worse.
Credit to NemesisRider for the absolutely AMAZING signature!
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458
My Website http://globalthemeparkmedia.boards.net

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:46 pm

Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:48 pm

They've responded to a Facebook post "Hi , Blade is dismantled like this every closed season as part of the extensive annual maintenance program that takes place at the Resort."
Ermm.. Oh dear.
My Facebook theme park media page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-T ... 6462963458

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:57 pm

It did need a paint so perhaps it's just for that.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Two things baffle me...

1. The supports in the first picture look damaged around the tapped area, therefore I get the impression that it will be removed.

2. On the picture above, they have covered up the mechanics with black bin bags. This gives me the impression that it is not going anywhere.

Of couse it will speculation until the season starts, but if it is removed, it would be good something in gap left by Blade and Ripsaw. If not, FV is going to to feel completely different!

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:38 pm

We shall see, however if they remove another flat ride with no replacements I might skip the 2017 season.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 pm

It may just be getting new supports with the main ride vehicle remaining. It's pretty old, things can't last forever. If it is removed, I hope we see a replacement, not necessarily in Forbidden Valley but maybe elsewhere in the park.
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need!

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:12 pm

If The Balde is going to be replaced then I'd very much welcome its removal, and let's not forget there are areas that don't require planning permission, I do believe, so it's always a possibility (though an unlikely one)

DrKelman
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:26 am

Let's hope that it is just maintenance that they are doing and not removing the blade. I rarely go on the blade but i'd still be sad to see it go because right now the park does feel pretty empty especially with Ripsaw gone aswell. I also hope that they add something better to Ripsaws area instead of the worlds most exciting game they have currently :roll:

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:55 am

I love that an Alton Towers forum now seem to have that little faith in Alton Towers that winter maintenance is being mistaken for them removing an attraction :lol

In all seriousness if the resort have said it's maintenance I really don't see why there's need to speculate of removal, unless I'm missing something it seems as though people are getting worried/hopeful for no real reason? :-s

swalesuk01
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:37 am

The reason for people's lack of faith is because this was Altons response last year when pictures started to emerge of Ripsaw in pieces. I have only been able to look at the pictures on my phone so far but the supports in the first picture appear to have been cut off.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:02 am

swalesuk01 wrote:
The reason for people's lack of faith is because this was Altons response last year when pictures started to emerge of Ripsaw in pieces. I have only been able to look at the pictures on my phone so far but the supports in the first picture appear to have been cut off.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

From that picture you can't tell if anything has been cut off.
The response for Ripsaw just stating that it was maintenance, the park have made a point to say that it gets dismantled like this every year...
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:14 am

I know it's not exactly a recent comparison but here are some images from the 2007/08 Closed Season with The Blade in a similar state. As you can see, the paint has partly come off at one end of the support which is likely what people are mistaking for the support being cut in the recent photo. Therefore I wouldn't say there's really anything at this stage to suggest it's any different from usual winter maintenance.

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Hopefully it will be part of the 2017 line-up; it is a Towers Times classic takeover ride! :lol

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:35 pm

I'm a huge fan of pirate ships in general and even though Blade isn't the best it's in a great location and is always fun to ride. :D If they say it's standard maintenance at the moment I'll take them at their word.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:51 pm

if it isn't gone, hopefully it will get new motors or have whatever is causing it to be quite forceless replaced, as it feels like it's on it's last legs to me, and isn't a ride to reride every trip whereas with other ships i do (Bounty at Drayton, Black Bucaneer at Chessington)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:58 pm

The ticket page has been updated with a new format for all ticketing options at the Resort and it confirms the gate price for 2017 as £52.80 and it says the online adult price will start at £32.

The waterpark ticketing page also suggests that it will reopen on Friday 20th January after closing from Wednesday 4th January.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kupd3foIw4s = Destination Imagination

New promotional video from Alton Towers. They are really pushing the resort side of things! I'm surprised there was no mention of the Cbeebies Land Hotel, but I guess the family used in the video weren't in Cbeebies' target market.

EDIT: Seems like they have published quite a few promotional videos today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpI5gTtoi9s = Alton Towers Resort - A Fantastical Family Escape
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7QBFNvu_6E = Enchanted Village
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmvvkdBSy5Q = Explore CBeebies Land on a fun-packed family adventure like no other
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1568!
Ride count 2019: 416!
Cred count: 81!

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:49 pm

I really like the new Storybook Adventures.
They seem magical, which is what Alton Towers is all about!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 pm

MakoMania wrote:
it confirms the gate price for 2017 as £52.80

Strangely this has now been changed to £51.70 which is a 10p increase from 2016's gate price.