UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Alton Towers Resort - General Discussion

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Is that dirt, or did they manage to pressure wash the writing off?

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Swarm Chris wrote:

Justin & I were talking to a member of staff the day before opening, and when we mentioned how faded the original bricks were looking, she did say that the plaza had been jet-washed over winter....

DerpyQuark
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:26 pm

They were testing the rapids yesterday, but still not open due to the ride still being in the hands of the tech staff. They are hoping for the ride to be up and running next month and also I've heard from two different sources (but don't hold me to that) that they are planning to turn back on the waterfalls this season too.

I do hope that they run the waterfalls this season. That would be great, because the Rapids would actually get people wet!
Nemmy and Icon are overrated.

“What’s an inversion Shannon?” -Mango18

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:58 pm

It's a pretty pathetic ride without the waterfalls. Usually you come off that ride laughing and pointing at the person who got the wettest. When I last went, the waterfalls weren't on and there was just an awkward silence between us after the ride.

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:46 pm

Dan wrote:
Swarm Chris wrote:

Justin & I were talking to a member of staff the day before opening, and when we mentioned how faded the original bricks were looking, she did say that the plaza had been jet-washed over winter....

That is terrible, I have brought it to their attention that I'm not happy.
Despite the fact that the brick remains the property of Alton Towers and they have mentioned in the T&C's that they are not liable for any wear and tear (which pressure washing isn't and the only UK company that I can find that do these types of bricks, they do not recommend that you pressure wash them), but surely Alton have a duty of care to ensure that these bricks are kept in reasonable condition and to follow the guide lines of the brick suppliers for after care.

Rita88
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Went today and what’s happened to Enterprise?? Are they ripping it out cos looked like half of it was gone??!

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:22 am

Rita88 wrote:
Went today and what’s happened to Enterprise?? Are they ripping it out cos looked like half of it was gone??!

Enterprise is still getting it's yearly checks done to it. Sadly, the park ran out of time to get it up and running for opening day but as far as we know it's staying at Alton Towers for a while yet.
Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:20 am

Looks like the Rapids have now opened for the season. Not sure if there’s any waterfalls though!

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:17 pm

As reported by TowersTimes, Alton Towers Resort has received four nominations for the ScareCON SCAR awards, the annual awards which recognise and champion all aspects of the scare industry – from Halloween events, to year-round scare attractions.

These nominations being for: Best Year-Round Scare Attraction for The Alton Towers Dungeons; Best Set, Costume and Make-Up for Project 42; Best Set Piece or scene for Project 42's final scene; and Best Street Team and Entertainment.

What do you make of the nominations the resort has received this year?
I'm the boy with the bubbles

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Alton Towers have revealed their 2019 TV advert this evening, with the focus being the 'power of the towers':

It does appear that they've adopted a new style when compared to the adverts of recent years, but I quite like the new look.

Justin
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:08 pm

I really like it. I think it is because it features more 'real' footage instead of CGI. I also like how they have mixed the sounds of the resort.

stevebrown
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:13 am

lewis97 wrote:
Alton Towers have revealed their 2019 TV advert this evening, with the focus being the 'power of the towers':

It does appear that they've adopted a new style when compared to the adverts of recent years, but I quite like the new look.

First advert post incident to show The Smiler?  I do like the ride logo constellations in the sky at the end.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Its quite a magical advert and it even make the pods look kinda cool. I think they should be extremely proud with it. I hadn't noticed the ride constellations at the end until you mentioned it, that's a nice little touch.

stevebrown
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:29 pm

Dom wrote:
Its quite a magical advert and it even make the pods look kinda cool. I think they should be extremely proud with it. I hadn't noticed the ride constellations at the end until you mentioned it, that's a nice little touch.

Call me a geek but ever since the hidden angle poise lamp in the Toy Story 2 opening credits I'm always looking out for things like that in CGI starry skies!

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Alton Towers have announced that 2019’s Ultimate Fireworks Spectacular will run for three nights, the first time the event has operated over three evenings since 2015.

2019’s event will be staged on 8th, 9th and 10th November, meaning the 2019 season will finish one week later than originally announced. Scarefest will also be extended by two days to finish on Sunday 3rd November.
I'm the boy with the bubbles

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Great news apart from that I've already booked a weekend stay for the 2nd Nov thinking it was going to be Fireworks weekend.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:08 am

This is very positive news that I’m sure will be welcomed by many. After a tough few years, to see the Resort extending the season and putting a third date back onto the Fireworks event is very promising.

Although, I can understand the frustrations of people who have already booked accommodation (both on and off site) for the first weekend in November. From browsing social media, it’s apparent that Towers didn’t do a very good job of contacting people who have booked for the original Fireworks weekend, and these guests are now having to chase the Resort to get their booking changed.

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:27 pm

I've got my resort weekend re-booked without any fuss and a prompt refund on my old booking.  I've actually got a better deal plus an extra night which I paid extra for.  I just hope those that booked a hotel off site and those who have booked time off work may be able to get their stay and time off work moved. 

nicky.borrill
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Anybody know if staggered openings are still operating tomorrow?

Every mid week visit I’ve done so far this year, they’ve not opened anything in KC, GW or FV until 12.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:10 pm

nicky.borrill wrote:
Anybody know if staggered openings are still operating tomorrow?

Every mid week visit I’ve done so far this year, they’ve not opened anything in KC, GW or FV until 12.

The only staggered openings this year are Runaway Mine Train, Congo River Rapids and Duel, which open at 11am.

All other rides and attractions open at 10am.

I was on park on Thursday and the ride opening schedule was as above :)