UK theme parks from another point of view!

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Alton Towers Resort - General Discussion

Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:18 am

There’s a short video currently on the BBC News website about the Theme Park Management degree course that was designed in conjunction with Staffordshire University by Merlin Entertainments and run at Alton Towers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... udent-life

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Photos have emerged showing Blade has been removed from its position in Forbidden Valley. Signage around the ride indicates that this is just a temporary measure while the ride undergoes maintenance but there are some people on social media who believe this may be permanent.

Source: Jayne Mitchell in the “Alton Towers News and Discussions Group” on Facebook.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:36 pm

There’s also been signage hinting that the closure of N:ST was a temporary measure but look what happened there 8-[

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:25 am

I've a feeling this is for something bigger... A Forbidden Valley redevelopment, including Sub Terra and Blade sites

Harry347
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:10 pm

I'm sure they refurbed in recently, this year or last, seems strange to me that they would remove it. On the other hand black buccaneer at chessington has been down all season, not sure they are the same model but they're both HUSS I think, could they be sacrificing the blade for parts for black buccaneer? 

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Harry347 wrote:
I'm sure they refurbed in recently, this year or last, seems strange to me that they would remove it. On the other hand black buccaneer at chessington has been down all season, not sure they are the same model but they're both HUSS I think, could they be sacrificing the blade for parts for black buccaneer? 

Black Buccaneer is now closed for good and won't be returning to Chessington.

The ride vehicle of The Blade was refurbished this year, as were I believe a few other parts of the ride system. Given it's the busiest time of the year, the decision to perform early maintenance would not have been taken unless absolutely necessary.

Bubs_Mugumbo
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:22 pm

Visited yesterday and noticed the Blade was missing. As I was walking back to my car, my friend noticed the ride car for the Blade was sitting in a locked enclosed compound on the right, close to the zebra crossings... It was there with ride cars from the log flume. Make of that what you will.

Dismissor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:41 am

I just hope that the Blade was removed to give Rameses Revenge a new home. Or I will be very sad...

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Dismissor wrote:
I just hope that the Blade was removed to give Rameses Revenge a new home. Or I will be very sad...

At this stage Blade is out of action for maintenance work, and despite Towers putting signage out that indicates it’ll be coming back, there are many who doubt this.

Either way, if it does get removed, Rameses definitely won’t be going in it’s place. There’s a reason Chessington are removing it, which is because it’s old, nackered and isn’t financially viable to run anymore.

GregH94
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:46 pm

I think the issue might not be with the gondola itself, but with the motors underneath it - if they needed replacing, you’d have to take the boat out the pit first 

Swarm Chris
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:50 pm

As posted by TowersTimes News, Alton Towers have confirmed the majority of the 2020 operating calendar, including prices for online ticket purchases and Season Passes.

Opening Saturday 21st March, the theme park will open every day until the start of September, except for off-peak Wednesdays in March, April and May. From 7th September the theme park will open Thursday-Sunday. Dates for October and November are currently not known, however the last day of the season is stated as Sunday 8th November.

Online pricing is £34 for adults and £28.50 for children, with a stated saving of up to £20 from the gate price. Season Passes are also available, priced at £58 for Standard with summer exclusion dates, or £75 for Premium which will, for the first time, include standard parking, as well as admission to The Alton Towers Dungeon.

Piplup2003
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Anyone know roughly how busy the park usually is on Tuesdays (specifically, during scarefest)
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.

GregH94
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:47 pm

Piplup2003 wrote:
Anyone know roughly how busy the park usually is on Tuesdays (specifically, during scarefest)

This Tuesday? Should be broadly similar to today’s queue times as it’s half term. 

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:27 pm

Does anyone know why ride times website has gone down!

Im meant to be going tomorrow and I cant remember the last time I looked at an actually queue time board :’)

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:49 pm

The website has been down for a good few days, however ride times are still available if you download the Alton Towers App