UK theme parks from another point of view!

CJH
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Fireworks 2014

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:08 pm

So last year we saw a great show with ride sections and a little back story.
What would you like to see?
What can we expect?

I'd like the finale to be mixed up a little this year, I hope we have a theme other than 'Ultimate Fireworks'.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Fireworks 2014

Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Off topic from Alton Towers fireworks but has anyone seen the drone fly through a fireworks display, they are so much more beautiful from this angle. Would love to see a major display from these kind of angles, not necessarily through them as you risk damaging the drone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9KZ3jgbbmI

thedman31
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:30 pm

I too would love to know more about the Fireworks for this year! I haven't actually been before, CJH can you provide a little more info about there being a theme? How was that achieved? I notice that Legoland Windsor will be having a superhero theme to their fireworks this year.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:54 pm

thedman31 wrote:
I too would love to know more about the Fireworks for this year! I haven't actually been before, CJH can you provide a little more info about there being a theme? How was that achieved? I notice that Legoland Windsor will be having a superhero theme to their fireworks this year.

went to the fireworks for the first time last year, and i was literally blown away - best firework display i have ever watched. and that's coming from someone who has been to disney world, and watched the international firework competition in plymouth several times.

the theme for the display was capturing memories and had a section for each of the main rollercoasters, and then before the finale all the fireworks stopped and the music voiceover said about memory 100% and this is your finale.

here's a video of it on youtube, it is amazing with all the lazers, lights & music as well, set across the lake and towers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVEt3pN26jk

thedman31
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks, looks absolutely brilliant. Any ideas when it will be possible to book for it? My family really want to go and have been asked to organise it : )

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:51 pm

thedman31 wrote:
Thanks, looks absolutely brilliant. Any ideas when it will be possible to book for it? My family really want to go and have been asked to organise it : )

You don't have to specifically book for the fireworks, just attend on one of the 3 days that the event runs for. That means you could book your theme park tickets now for either the 7/8/9th November!

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 pm

thedman31 wrote:

it doesn't show the dates for some reason on the website, but it is the very last weekend in their season, and usually the friday as well... tickets can be booked for it now, the price is no different :)

the opening times show the park open til 9pm on friday 7th, saturday 8th and sunday 9th of november which means the fireworks event will be on each of those days.

thedman31
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Thanks both, really helpful. Will check it out.

Alton13Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 pm

I can just see it being fireworks, with no superficial storyline or backstory to it. Expect it to be toned down too after complaints and the fire in the ruins.

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Which complaints are these?

beanz32101
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:32 pm

hi all. having never been to the fireworks shows at alton towers i was just wondering if you could help me out with some info please.

what time does the fireworks show start about?
how busy would the park be on the friday 7th as opposed to the sat 8th and sun 9th?

any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks all

CJH
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:34 pm

I have read some info online somewhere but can't remember where.
It states water projections, fire, lasers, music and of course fireworks for this season.
With a unique story.
Hopefully this is true.

pillsburyb
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:48 pm

beanz32101 wrote:
hi all. having never been to the fireworks shows at alton towers i was just wondering if you could help me out with some info please.

what time does the fireworks show start about?
how busy would the park be on the friday 7th as opposed to the sat 8th and sun 9th?

any help or advice is greatly appreciated, thanks all

Hi, The Alton Towers fireworks are amazing.

I believe the fireworks start at 7pm with the music build up starting at 6.30pm. People will start to gather on the lawns about 6 to get to the front. But in all honesty, it doesn't matter where you stand.

I'm guessing that friday will be quieter than saturday but don't quote me on this.

I myself am interested to know if Friday will be quieter as I'm planning on nipping in to watch the fireworks as well as going on the saturday.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 pm

I'm guessing from the large span of water they were spraying today in the center of the lake that there is likely to be a water screen projection segment to this years fireworks, an example of water projection is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV9m60eJZUY
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Testing started on the fireworks event today around 4.30pm. Lights, smoke and a mid lake water feature were all being mildly tested by Towers, presumably in preparation for he pyrotechnitians arriving.

onair
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Yep saw them testing.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Like most things I have a view and my view on the fireworks this year as opposed to last year.

• It had the better variety of fireworks.
• Last year I felt they made use of the lights and lasers more.
• This year they overused the whole water projection (don't get me wrong its nice to see them introduce new elements) but its visual on the lake so many won't have seen the video projection. Whereas last year the sequences were shorter and there was more fireworks in the air.
• Flame jets played a big part in this years display so a multi-colored flame jet system would of been more fun imo.
• Both years had decent music choices although more atmospheric music as opposed to pop tunes would be more awesome, if any are familiar with two steps from hell?
• Finale of 2013 imo was superior.

Luce
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:35 pm

Personally, I loved the fireworks this year and thought they were the best I've seen since I began going to see them. There was a wonderful variety and that combined with the flame jets and the water screen made for a spectacular display which was pretty incredible. Also, the music played a good part in it too and it was nice to have some more classical style tunes along with some regular modern stuff.

Overall, I was hugely impressed and I wonder how Alton Towers will top it next year! :D

definedancing
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Well this year was my first fireworks and I thought it was amazing! Especially with the flame throwers and the water screen, it looked phenomenal imo. We went on the Friday so it chucked it down all day, but by 7pm the sky was clear and it just looked stunning. I'm so, so impressed-although like I said, its only the first AT display I've been to. :)

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:05 pm

Not exactly viable for Alton Towers but imagine one of these bad boy shells as the last shell launched into the night sky to end the finale! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciynz7pGzho skip to 01:35 for the explosions :D