Alton Towers has definitely lost its magic, even for the younger ones. With the exception of the new CBeebies land, alton towers must:
- Keep the new logos
- Restore the golden pipe graphics around
- Advertise the hotels better
- Restore the old scare mazes. For example the 2010 version of the boiler house and the carnival of screams
- Make the music more magical
- Add more of an atmosphere
- Make the park seem more old fashioned
Why? All the will achieve is making the park feel old and outdated. They need to keep moving, find new ideas.
Creating atmosphere is difficult, but they have added new entertainment this year such as the Traffic Warden characters and also Postman Pats van.
How do you define magical music? For some children hearing the music from their favourite Cbeebies show is magical. For those of us that went to Alton Towers in the 1990s and 2000s there is something about the Towers Street music. Personally the song "Walking on Sunshine" (by Katrina and the Waves) reminds me of AT as me and my Mum stood in front of a stage (that used to be where Woodcutters is now) watching a group perform while my Dad and brother were on the Corkscrew.
Each one of us has something different that defines magical and theme parks would just become museums if they tried to keep everything that all of us like.