UK theme parks from another point of view!

lucozade
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

How old were you when...

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:44 pm

How old were you when you rode your first proper coaster?

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: How old were you when...

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:42 am

4 - The Dragon at LEGOLAND Windsor
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Sentri558
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:33 pm

13 with Air, then the next day I also did Nemesis

If you count Thi3teen (or whatever it is) then I was 12. ;)

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:11 pm

i was 10 and rode Rattlesnake at CWOA. But rode my first AT coaster when i was 13 and it was Nemesis. She was also my first coaster with inversions too

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Big thunder mountain at the age of 4 at Disneyland Paris :D the most emotional coaster for me now, first big coaster with inversions was mumbo jumbo on opening day (I didn't go on any looping coasters til I was 7 as my dad thought I was too thin :lol I did go on Sonic somewhere around 2008 as well as steeplechase and all the woodies at blackpool (basically went on any coaster I was tall enough for)

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

How old were you when...

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:22 am

I was three. And The Stinger at Paulton's Park. If you don't count that then a few years later I returned for Cobra.

First complete experience (i.e. themed) was Vampire at Chessington, the ride that got me into theme parks in the first place! Haha!

First inverting was Space Mountain: Mission 2 at DLP.

Dr_emmett_brown
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 am

I actually think it was The Corkscrew when I was 8... When I got off I had caught the coaster bug, and a headache.

thi3teenloverboy14
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Thi3teen was my first major thril I was 12 then did air and nemesis at 13 years

lucozade
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:11 pm

I think I was 7 when I was tall enough to ride the corkscrew... And get bruised ears from the restraints hahaha... My head didn't clear them at all! I was still in primary school when I got on nemesis and very very scared!

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:32 pm

I was also 7 and Corkscrew was one of the first rides I went on. On the same visit I also went on The Beast (Which no one ever mentions on here for some reason) and The Black hole, if my memory serves me correctly.

lucozade
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:40 pm

TheOutpatient wrote:
I was also 7 and Corkscrew was one of the first rides I went on. On the same visit I also went on The Beast (Which no one ever mentions on here for some reason) and The Black hole, if my memory serves me correctly.

Nobody remembers the beast haha. I went on that before corkscrew but wasn't sure if it would count as a proper rollercoaster, fun, but no inversions or proper restraints hahaha

I loved the beast and black hole but my fav short lived ride was the thunder looper which I would run round to ride again.

Altonboy001
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:34 pm

mine was the python at gullivers milton keynes when i was 8, but that dosent count so mine was sonic spinball when i was 10.

nemefan08
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Mine was sonic when I was eight and I have not looked back since.

tori_swift
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:21 pm

I was 6 when I went on Nemesis so I've been told! I remember wearing my big school shoes so I was just tall enough. I was desperate to go on as I had an older brother, I was very jealous!

Danny
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:31 pm

tori_swift wrote:
I was 6 when I went on Nemesis so I've been told! I remember wearing my big school shoes so I was just tall enough. I was desperate to go on as I had an older brother, I was very jealous!

A 6 year old that was over 1.4m, that's impressive. My sisters 7 and tall for her age, just passing 1.2m now ready for Sonic and Th13teen. You must be very tall indeed

tori_swift
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:44 pm

DannyG wrote:
tori_swift wrote:

A 6 year old that was over 1.4m, that's impressive. My sisters 7 and tall for her age, just passing 1.2m now ready for Sonic and Th13teen. You must be very tall indeed

My school shoes had quite a big chunky heel on and I was always the tallest in the class (much to my misery!) But the age came from my mum so could have been around 6/7 :lol

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:30 pm

tori_swift wrote:
I hit 1.4 when I was 9/10 around 2011 summer season.

tori_swift
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:43 pm

AT lover wrote:
tori_swift wrote:
I hit 1.4 when I was 9/10 around 2011 summer season.

I definitely wasn't actually 1.4, with the shoes I only just hit 1.4. This was back in 1998 so I'm going on my mothers word! I remember Oblivion being rather new but like I said this is what my mother has claimed, maybe she's mad :lol

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:04 am

Mine was Rita back in 2012 when I was 11.

nemyjoe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:44 am

I was 9 and it was air at alton towers it could have been nemy but i was to scared and i ran away when they wanted to put the over 1.4 wristband on me because i thought they were going to drag me on to it :lol