UK theme parks from another point of view!

JustWill

Re: 2014 Scarefest

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 am

Will the Sanctuary return since Gerry Cannell retired?

TBH, I'd be surprised if the sanctuary didn't return, :)

There could be a new scare maze based on Nemesis since she is now 20!
I think that would be awesome :D

Cam_muir
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:12 am

I would also be surprised if the sanctuary didn't come back as they wouldn't be able to afford 2 new mazes. They might make some changes to the sanctuary with Gerry going to make a little more sense to the maze.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:20 am

The Sanctuary is returning. We confirmed this in a Facebook post a few weeks back.

Pixie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Does anybody know anything about the extreme mazes that they had last year? This will be our forth year at scarefest and we were hoping to do the over night stay scareroom at the hotel this year - Unfortunately -( for us of course) this has been replaced now with the towers experience. We arent going to be able to do that this year for a number of reasons, but having missed out on the extreme mazes last year, were hoping we could do that instead this year which will hopefully "scareup" our experience for this year! Also were they any good?

My ultimate dream for scarefest would be for them to do a scaremaze through Gloomy Woods - a bit like the Blair Witch maze at Thorpe (BUT BETTER).... :yes:
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Maybe the Clown Scarezone will be through Gloomy Wood this year, you never know. The Nemesis' anniversary probably wont have anything to do with it, although they could potentially make the Sub Terra extention scarier for Halloween. From what ive heard, the things returning are
The Sanctury
Caenival of Screams
Terror of the Towers
Clown Scarezone (replacing the zombie scarezone from last year)
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 pm

TheBeast wrote:
Maybe the Clown Scarezone will be through Gloomy Wood this year, you never know. The Nemesis' anniversary probably wont have anything to do with it, although they could potentially make the Sub Terra extention scarier for Halloween. From what ive heard, the things returning are
The Sanctury
Caenival of Screams
Terror of the Towers

The Clown Scarezone has not been confirmed, My friend said that he works at Alton Towers and that they are having a Clown themed Scarezone but I don't know how true it is.

Cam_muir
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Do you really think they would do 2 very similar attractions like that?

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:06 pm

It has already been pretty much confirmed that CoS will not be returning this year.

This may add more substance to the "Clowns ScareZone" idea as they will presumably want to recycle the props from CoS rather than binning them.

I'm sure we don't have too much longer to wait before everything is revealed :)

Pixie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:49 pm

That would be quite horrifying I imagine - a clown scarezone. Carnival of Screams was always one of my most eeriest of mazes - sends shivers down my spine thinking about it - and that music !

I've just seen on the main page of ScareMazing North (25 Oct) and ScareMazing South (11 Oct) - so what is THAT all about ? One night on each park with even more extra scare? #-o Ive already booked Scarefest for 31st Oct and Thorpe for 17th #-o #-o #-o - whats this all about !!!! :dizzy:
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:01 pm

ScareMazing North and South are the TowersTimes events that are being held at the respective parks (Thorpe Park Fright Nights on 11th October and Alton Towers Scarefest on 25th October)

More details can be found on the Events tab of the main website :)

RhysLocke444
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:32 pm

TheBeast wrote:
The Sanctury
Caenival of Screams
Terror of the Towers

There's no way they'd have two clown based mazes. The "Flesh eating creatures" have to fit in somewhere, we can be pretty sure there will be a new maze or if not, a complete revamp of another because of the announcement of flesh eating creatures (unless they mean zombies). Shawn Sanbrooke said on his show that Alton Towers mentioned that Carnival of Screams won't be returning earlier in the year! :)

Alton13Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:04 pm

My opinion, i think we will see:

The Sanctuary
Terror of the Towers
Clowns: Scarezone
New maze*

Cam_muir
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Alton13Nemesis wrote:

The Sanctuary
Terror of the Towers
New maze*

Yeah I agree, and really hope this is the case.

gee
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Pixie wrote:
Does anybody know anything about the extreme mazes that they had last year? This will be our forth year at scarefest and we were hoping to do the over night stay scareroom at the hotel this year - Unfortunately -( for us of course) this has been replaced now with the towers experience. We arent going to be able to do that this year for a number of reasons, but having missed out on the extreme mazes last year, were hoping we could do that instead this year which will hopefully "scareup" our experience for this year! Also were they any good?

My ultimate dream for scarefest would be for them to do a scaremaze through Gloomy Woods - a bit like the Blair Witch maze at Thorpe (BUT BETTER).... :yes:

I really hope they do have the extreme tickets again this year. They only had 15 tickets per day per maze last year. You had to sign a disclaimer to allow the actors to do as they pleased with you when you were in the maze. It cost £15 each. I did the sanctuary which was recomended at guest services over terror in the towers. It was at the very end of the day about 10pm the group of 15 was split into 3 groups of 5. I was in the last group of 5 to enter. We was all sat down and had all the actors around us while dr.kelmen gave a speech then 1 by 1 we was sent into a dark towers on our own. It was a very different maze experience very thrilling. I hope they do it again this year as I will deffently be doing it again. It's my little claim to fame I was the last ever person to be seen by dr kelmen as i was the last out of the last group on the last day...... Who wants to touch me!!! lol. But recommend to anyone who wants that little extra from the scare maze

dollyry
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Another one hoping for the return of the extreme mazes but uncertain on if they will return what with the overnight experience in the towers.

I had heard that the TOTT was funnier rather than scarier on the extreme run through so opted for The Sanctuary extreme last year.

Hoping to this year do a couple of the extreme mazes over a few nights if they do make a return!

Interesting about a clowns scare zone but the open call notice did mention zombies! Unless of course we get a zombie maze... Details are being officially released within a few days so at least we will know soon!

BananaRoll
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 pm

I will be pretty annoyed if the new Scarefest attractions are a clown scarezone, and a maze themed to 'flesh eating creatures' (ie: zombies). That's essentially just moving CoS outside and Zombies! inside, it doesn't really sound like anything new.

RhysLocke444
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:53 pm

Cam_muir wrote:
Alton13Nemesis wrote:

The Sanctuary
Terror of the Towers
New maze*

Yeah I agree, and really hope this is the case.

I also agree, my prediction too, and I also hope this is the case! Think Alton could completely throw us off this year though, they're not stupid, they know we're all speculating majorly!

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:52 pm

If not this year then I really hope that they make a Clown Scarezone next year as last years Zombie Scarezone was more entertaining than anything else and the actors kept everyone laughing and just genuinely in high spirits, so imagin the potential in a Clown Scarezone.

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am

I think a clown scarezone is a great idea! Although I have to admit Im not too sure about a zombie maze. I think zombies work well in larger open spaces with props, as oppose to small cramped corridors and rooms. Hopefully the new attraction will be a N:ST style maze (or an extension of N:ST), or something else related to the 'flesh eating creatures' clue.

awsomelycoolboy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:43 pm

JammyBand wrote:
I think a clown scarezone is a great idea! Although I have to admit Im not too sure about a zombie maze. I think zombies work well in larger open spaces with props, as oppose to small cramped corridors and rooms. Hopefully the new attraction will be a N:ST style maze (or an extension of N:ST), or something else related to the 'flesh eating creatures' clue.

Hmhmn. That's a good idea actually.