UK theme parks from another point of view!

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2015 Scarefest

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:06 am

Since this year is Nemesis' 21st Birthday, I think it would be cool to have a new maze or Scarezone themed around the Nemesis Monster. Something like Nemesis: Unleashed, storyline could be a nuclear weapon that was used in attempt to destroy the creature that turned everyone into mutated monsters! Just a thought...
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

RIDECRAZY
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 pm

The Sky Sailor wrote:
Since this year is Nemesis' 21st Birthday, I think it would be cool to have a new maze or Scarezone themed around the Nemesis Monster. Something like Nemesis: Unleashed, storyline could be a nuclear weapon that was used in attempt to destroy the creature that turned everyone into mutated monsters! Just a thought...

I think that sadly we'll be unlikely to see something like this, simply because we have Nemesis: Sub-Terra. What I think could be a possibility and quite a good one at that is Nemesis: Sub-Terra LIVE? Lots of actors, as a celebration? Would be a very good idea in my opinion! They could even extend the walkthrough at the end, although that may be pushing it..?

Lee
Fabulous
Fabulous

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

The GP don't really care too much for ride birthdays, so basing a scare maze on the Nemesis story won't generate much additional revenue therefore it won't be something I can see Towers investing in it or a temporary N:ST extension.

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 pm

However, I would say that Sub-Terra deserves a re-vamp. Despite it being a bit of a let-down, I do quite like it
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

day54
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Terror of the Towers is going.
Apparently the new maze will be in the duel queue line! :)

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 pm

day54 wrote:

Oh! Where did you find that out??
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:59 pm

day54 wrote:

A lot of people on here normally like to see evidence when it comes to statements like that. But if it is true all i have to say is i suggested that at one point. So ...... :lol

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:00 pm

The Sky Sailor wrote:
day54 wrote:

Oh! Where did you find that out??

Sounds good if they do it well, would be better as a scare zone

day54
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:00 pm

A friend was on training and that's what they were told! :)

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 pm

I want this maze to be like HitH, but themed around Dr. Roodyn. It could tell you what really happened with some spooks scaring here and there. Or is it because I really liked HitH...

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:25 pm

day54 wrote:
A friend was on training and that's what they were told! :)

or AT are just pulling another advertising prank! :lol

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:31 pm

day54 wrote:

Evidence please....thank you :D
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:34 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
day54 wrote:

Evidence please....thank you :D

We do need evidence - I find it all a bit hard to believe since Terror of the Towers has been going so long, it's kind of like the signature maze.

Tombradshaww
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:49 am

I work for Alton Towers in one of the departments that works closely with Devolpments and Entertainments and theirs no plans for a Maze/ScareZone in Glommy Wood at the moment. As far as we are aware TOTT is staying this year. It's the other Scare attractions that are more than likely going to be replaced this season but that's my personal opinion. :lol

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:05 am

Does anyone know how old you need to be as a scare actor there and also where do you apply (if you can)??

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Emporium wrote:
Does anyone know how old you need to be as a scare actor there and also where do you apply (if you can)??

Does this help?
http://www.altontowersjobs.com/resort-e ... est-actors

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Going to pop this here and come back to it in September....This year sanctuary but no TotT scary tales to return and complete rebrand of SCAREFEST :)

Morgan
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Let's hope so! Any source's?

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:22 am

When i was at the Chained Oak b&b last year one of The Sanctuary actresses was staying aswell, i caught up with her just as she finished and was walking back after ExtremeSanctuary, she said that she didn't see Sanctuary returning for 2015, she said if it does, I wouldn't expect Gerry, He's already said to the team this is the last time he will reprise his role as Dr Kelman and even he thinks that Sanctuary had its day. And i hate to say , as I do love parts of that maze, but I Think its true. Last year TOTT was the standout maze for me, Nothing new had really been implemented in The Sanctuary and if it wasn't your first time it really showed. The lack of actors also knocked that down for me aswell, one go literally walking straight through the dayroom and half way into the kitchen with not one actor. Sanctuary last year seemed more comical than scary.
Where as TOTT was so dark, with tight corridors and great atmosphere, i think this is where it wins so well, you dont even need that many actors simply because the corridors are so windy,tight and dark you are constantly on edge of when the next jump scare will be.

This year i would love to see a full maze version of ScaryTales-TOTT With a bit of a mix up,maybe a revamp of an old theme. I think Zombies needs a bit of work(Maybe a new wraith theme), it seemed rather lacklustre last time A new maze in the Duel-Extended queue and i think SubTerra-Extreme/Live more actors and after dark you can be touched. And Its time to either say bye bye to Sanctuary or reboot the theme.

Something like TMOJ(People in suits with TMOJ Badges-Maybe light signs of correction showing) are now offering tours round the old Sanctuary facility, the patients have been shipped out but some of the staff still remain(But if you leave them alone,then they should leave you alone too). They explain that Dr Kelman was ultimatly subjected to Correction himself, but in order to embrace the future, we must acknowledge the past. They make you wait to go in like before(wanting to show the old procedure) as you enter down the corridor of portraits, the lights flicker and the shutter on the check in area is smashed in(what happened here) your TMOJ host then has you wait by the old door, explaining what Sanctuary used to do, maybe bigging up TheSmiler.The light then goes green and door is opened, With that your TMOJ Host begins to chuckle sadistically. "Our staff have been waiting for quite some time for some fresh meat..DOCTORS! NURSES! YOUR PATIENTS HAVE ARRIVED! And with that the door slams shut, and a bedraggled nurse steps out of the shadows,"They said WE FAILED, that we needed correcting ourselves!!But then they shut us in here!But were not alone...NOT NOW ANYWAY!""TIME TO GET CORRECTED!" and with that you enter the much darker sanctuary, with the old staff force locked within, now mad from their mental correction. They've waited along time for new patients and you have just walked in. NAME- The Sanctuary:Unhinged

Just an idea lol

Jammydodger
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 pm

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Sanctuary was gone this year, following the usual rule of 3 that the Towers follow. It's a good maze, but its certainly run its course.

Zombies has been round quite a while too, and the zombie theme in general is starting to dwindle in its popularity. This would probably be the cheapest to get rid of too, the theming wasn't exactly spectacular in 2014 vs. Scary tales.

From the promo images it looks like all the kids stuff will remain the same, which despite not even having children, is a shame I think. I know they probably don't account for much to the gate figures, especially in the non-half term week, but with Cbeebies land and everything, they could really use some re-branding to tie it all together in my opinion.

They seemed to have invested a fair bit of money in Scary Tales, particularly on signage, props (even the recycled ones have had work) and costume for them to drop it after just one year, so I would bank on that returning too.