UK theme parks from another point of view!

TH14TEEN
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2015 Scarefest

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:43 pm

So, I told you so, what I said was leaks :D do we think these are the actual plans, or fake?

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:34 pm

surely if it was fake they wouldn't have requested the removal, all sounds very plausabe

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:12 pm

I love the different themes, cult, ghosts, virus, aliens. All sounds pretty cool, hope it comes together with the budget increase some have mentioned to make some creative, detailed and most of all scary mazes :)

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:26 pm

TH14TEEN wrote:
So, I told you so, what I said was leaks :D do we think these are the actual plans, or fake?

You said Sanctuary was leaving, which was almost guaranteed, it's not quite oracle style wisdom. ;)

I was thinking, what is in that house, not far from dark forest and next to the top of the gardens, because that could be the position for one of the new mazes (about the girl, I've forgotten it's name).

TH14TEEN
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Swiss Cottags? Perhaps, would be pretty good. Would leave the towers for TOTT and the other one with the ridiculous name. I think the leisure company who own goal strikers still won't let them use the building for a maze? May rule out a maze in there.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Would explain the tree clearing near Rita / Th13teen, due to the Nox: Infernus.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

TH14TEEN
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:12 pm

I think the dark forest scare zone will be where zombies was, and the tree removal is just..well.. Routine tree removal.

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:20 pm

TH14TEEN wrote:
I think the dark forest scare zone will be where zombies was, and the tree removal is just..well.. Routine tree removal.

I mentioned this earlier. Makes sense really, maybe one of the new ones will go there. Just seems like too many trees going for it to be routine.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:22 pm

TH14TEEN wrote:

Yea probably. Although it seems to me to be a rather large clearing which is near on perfect, I mean the place has been leveled for a good maybe 30-40 metres (may be more, not good with estimation) last I saw it in a perfect rectangle.

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:02 pm

Just a clarification for you.

You are more than happy to continue discussing the information.

Furthermore it's important to note that the information wasn't 'leaked' by ScareTour - that implies something was made public before it was meant to be which isn't something ScareTour would knowingly do.

TH14TEEN
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:28 am

So someone on the scarefest planning team must have leaked it, cool, doesn't bother me :P yeah, I cannot see them using that clearing for the scare zone unless the scare zone is going to be pretty big. Maybe if they used the clearing it would bs a Blair witch style walkthrough, size and feel wise?

kydog1299
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:20 pm

The Scare Zones will most likely not be as they previously have been. I'd say they will make the Scare Zones more of entire-land zones rather than a designated route which has been used in the past. It would make much more sense if this was the case, as over in Forbidden Valley there is limited space to use for Scare Zones which has an exit and an entrance, and the only ideal place is the Woodland Walk, however the exit for that would be at the Hotels meaning guests would have a nightmare getting back to the park, and also gaining entry again. AT did also visit PortAventura recently to look at how they run their shows and events, and PA have used whole-regions for their Scare Zones in the past, so the possibility of the scare zones for Scarefest 2015 being open-areas is quite high.

As for the Scare Mazes, Haunting of Molly Crowe will most likely be located in the place of The Sanctuary, with ToTT just taking a new route from it's existing rooms it previously used. However, saying that, photos of construction showed that the entrance stairs to ToTT were fenced and bolted off (top of the wooden stairs), suggesting there could be a new entrance.

Unsure where the 3rd maze will go to be honest, I find the theme a bit wishy-washy too, but we'll see.

Unsure how the blindfolds will work in THOMC, I'd imagine batching and queue movement will be horrendous, unless they increase the prices to restrict it or limit the amount of timeslots sold in comparison to previous years.

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:00 pm

maybe not blind fold but them hat things that the TP maze had The Passing i think it was. Could be very atmospheric thats for sure if they play with sound correctly

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:44 pm

The plans released so far, seem to show a drastic improvement of Scarefest in all categories. I am looking forward to discovering more about these new scare-attractions and the revamp of the event itself in the coming months. I also feel that Forbidden Valley: Dark Apocalypse, may somehow link to SW8 however obviously this is just speculation.

silenthillXD
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Just to pre-warn anyone waiting on Scarefest Saturdays like I was, Alton Towers facebook just confirmed to me that they've cancelled Scarefest Saturdays in order to focus on TowersTastic... yay for professionalism!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Makes no sense at all why they would post something a week ago to go back on it. If details for Scarefest aren't finalized fair enough but really focus on Towers Tastic? its a facebook page, like a blog, just post the entry..

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:23 pm

Andy Mc wrote:
Makes no sense at all why they would post something a week ago to go back on it.

Yeah that's pretty dumb. Maybe they thought the leak stole their thunder, like they were going to announce one maze every week and now everyone knows what they are there wasn't really a point.

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:36 pm

But everyone doesn't know, it was released in the middle of the day, when many where at work/school, and only really enthusiasts would've seen it anyway. This makes no sense to me.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:38 pm

There could be any number of reasons as to why they have decided not to continue with it. It could be as mentioned above, but there could be other reasons too. They won't go into detail as to why they have done it. All we can do is carry on 'speculating' as to what will happen with regards to Scarefest.

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:51 pm

What ever the reason i'm incredibly excited about this years event, feel like a kid again! (Though I never went to theme parks as a kid..)