UK theme parks from another point of view!

KoasterKraver
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Re: 2015 Scarefest

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:44 pm

It would be nice to see 3d mapping on the towers this year.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:48 pm

KoasterKraver wrote:

Like they do on the Magic Kingdom castle? That would be cool, especially if they made a show out of it :)

KoasterKraver
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:51 pm

sum1mad wrote:
KoasterKraver wrote:

Like they do on the Magic Kingdom castle? That would be cool, especially if they made a show out of it :)

Like a 20 min / 30 min one would be cool, I think I have a nice idea there

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Yeah, however I saw a video about the one in Magic Kingdom... Basically it takes an EXTREMEMLY long time to get it done. It's not a case of playing a video on a wall, they need projectors lined up everywhere, then calibrating etc. then actually getting a video that would look fairly decent on the bricks as they would be noticable. If they were to do this in scarefest we'd probably see something in the firework event too

nickhutson
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:08 am

Towers have thought about this - but the sheer expense of the thing would run into the many, many millions and it wouldn't just be viable. The length and height of the towers themselves is what would make it hard, as well as there's nothing nearby to place the projectors.

Remember - the fans are not the first people to have all these ideas; they've been thought of by the fans that run the towers and considered.

Who knows what the future will bring, though!

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:32 pm

Does anyone know if the same areas of the park are being used for the re vamped scare attractions or are they in new spots of the park?

I think the use of haunted hollow would be good for a maze/scare attraction as its quite dank and creepy!

Also in the woods behind the fence near thirteen and the picnic tables would be a good spot.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:14 pm

There will be Sub Species: Operation Lockdown in forbidden valley, and potentially a second one (Sub Species: The End Games) which might also be in FV. Last year in Dark Forest there was a scare zone, not sure if it's there this year though.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:58 pm

I believe Nox Infernus will be where Zombies Scare Zone was in Dark Forest.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:25 pm

It's now possible to purchase a 'Three Maze Advance Ticket' on the resort's website at the standard price of £20 or for £16 with AP discount. On the majority of dates, the first time slot available is at 1pm, although during 19th-22nd October it doesn't seem that the mazes will open until 3pm. The description also implies that there will be an additional charge for all three scare mazes this year.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:45 pm

Is there any difference in the mazes after a certain time in the evening? I am going on the 22nd and preferably I wanted to do all the rides by say 2pm, then do all the mazes and then re-do all the rides in the dark but I want the full maze experiences so I am wondering if they get more intense for example after dark? Thanks :)

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:22 pm

So it gives you a very short time slot to do the mazes, and states they must be done in the allotted time. But surely you wouldn't be able to queue and experience all three is less than half hour right?
Does anyone know how lenient they are on times or will they not let you in after you allocated time?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:27 pm

The time slot you select is when you want to do your first maze, you'll then be given a later second time slot and a later still third time slot for the other two mazes.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:33 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
Is there any difference in the mazes after a certain time in the evening?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:08 am

Alton Towers posted this rather interesting thing on their Facebook page

It has been reported that Urban Explorers have broken into the Towers in the run up to the anniversary of the date that the first explorers of the Towers went missing in 2009... #Scarefest

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Dom wrote:
Alton Towers posted this rather interesting thing on their Facebook page

It has been reported that Urban Explorers have broken into the Towers in the run up to the anniversary of the date that the first explorers of the Towers went missing in 2009... #Scarefest

In a follow up to this previous post, Alton Towers have posted the below video on their Youtube channel. It pretty much confirms that TOTT will have a new route this year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UNvlKr6FAQ

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:45 pm

nickhutson wrote:
The burnt wood was just to get rid of some trees. Nothing to do with Scarefest. Move on. Nothing to see here.

^ returning to AT today I don't believe it has nothing to do with Scarefest. Its upon exit of ToTT or Molly Crowe and now has lots of blue markings all along the ground.

Burnt wood & blue markings: http://i59.tinypic.com/vy3w3b.jpg
ToTT new exit?: http://i60.tinypic.com/2eahuuv.jpg
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Seeing as the blue markings go partly onto the area where there was previously shrubbery it was probably burnt down to clear space for whatever they want to put there during Scarefest.

N3m3s1s
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:06 pm

TheBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:19 pm

They seem to be giving it all a big revamp... I reckon with the removal of the Sanctuary they have more freedom to loop around the bowels of the Towers. I regret not being able to go this year... it looks epic!!!
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Yeah hope it does use some of that sanctuary space and feel suitably winding and disorienting, that would be fantastic. Loving all the effort that at the very least is going into the scare attractions can't wait :D