UK theme parks from another point of view!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Scarefest

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:28 pm

Justin wrote:
Can you hear it? I've not really heard it from the rooms I've stayed in.

Not only can you hear it, but you can feel the beat vibrating around the room, it's really bad!

Once you get a few rooms back it is ok, but the closest couple of rooms to the atrium are hell on earth, especially for young children wanting to sleep. I wish they would try to do something about it.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Bert
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Saw various parts of The Welcoming today, including various parts of the maze and the (most likely) entrance. Full update coming tomorrow.

Just saying, It certainly looks interesting to say the least.
[Insert Signature Here]

Formerly Bert2theSpark

JC13
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:03 am

Completely off topic, but Alton Towers have said they are going to check ID to make sure you are 15+,did they say this last year, and if they did, did they follow through with it? I’ve already booked maze tickets, should I take ID to make sure I get in?

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:44 am

They definitely checked some peoples age last year, not all though, mainly family groups with younger children . How strict they will be this year remains to be seen, but it wouldn't hurt taking it just in case!

Bert
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:36 am

Update on The Welcoming

Most likely entrance opposite SW8

Spoiler: show

Rotten corpses hanging

Pirate stage done up as some sort of festival place, Torches can be seen either side of skull

Theming, This part of the maze will most likely be not hooded. Also worth noting that the there appears to be a torch that looks to hold fire, Probably won't due to safety hazard

Some sort of olden-style peasant house
[Insert Signature Here]

Formerly Bert2theSpark

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Thank you for the images. Great update :)

It looks like it going to be quite a good attraction. Im still unsure of the hooded section, but that's due to personal taste. The level of theming on the AT mazes is always incredible. I'm really looking forward to experiencing this in a couple of weeks time, that's for sure!

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:12 pm

This maze looks amazing and offers something completely different to the other mazes on the resort. Initially, I thought it it wouldn't feature much detail or atmosphere but those photos are really encouraging!

Alton looks strong this year!

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:09 pm

It's looking like another high quality addition. Mazes tend to look far better when theatrically lit with smoke and other effects so I can't wait to see it all in action. The tech geek in me is already spotting certain things in place.

There are a few changes to the other mazes as well, so overall this year is looking like the best Scarefest ever. 

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Wow, I must say I wasn't expecting that, apart from the fact that we only have one scare zone, this will clearly be an incredible Scarefest.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Dan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:
Muppet738 wrote:
Does anyone know what weekend it is that travellers usually go to scarefest ?

Last year it was the Friday before half term, so this year that would be Friday 20th October.

Usually it's the first weekend of Scarefest but MakoMania is right in that they came on the Friday before half term last year.

I believe they have an arrangement with both Towers and the police that they will tell them when they are visiting so the appropriate measures can be put in place but last year they turned up unannounced so I wouldn't be surprised if Towers have told them to stick to the usual weekend this year.

That being said, I was on park on Travellers Day last year and it wasn't all that bad. Yes there was a noticeable presence around the park but I didn't experience any of the intimidatory behaviour that has seemingly become expected on these days.

So the weekend of SMN? :(

Credit to NemesisRider

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:26 pm

They can arrive any time, so don't worry too much. Last year it was well managed and everything was fine :)

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:26 pm

JonDoesTT wrote:
So the weekend of SMN? :(

Last year they came on the Friday before SMN but there was little to no traveller presence on the park during the weekend

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Justin wrote:
They can arrive any time, so don't worry too much. Last year it was well managed and everything was fine :)

I was there last year and seem to remember it being fine, but I know some other people who had a bad time with it. Hoping it's alright

Credit to NemesisRider

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Apart from a few cases of spitting they were fine. Usually Thorpe feel it more.

hursty
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:59 pm

Hearing things to suggest at least one of the mazes has had a soft opening.

Staff previews are Thursday so might start seeing a bit more information coming out.

Bexa
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Does anyone know how busy the weekend before Halloween will be?
I'm thinking of going around then and was wondering which of the days would be the best to go?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 pm

During the Scarefest event, it is very busy most of the days, and even more so on the weekends. I'm not sure there is a best day to go to be honest, as they will all be pretty busy.

adamheath93
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Does anybody think the time slot that they do for The Welcoming will impact on experience? I.e doing a 6pm slot it will still be light outside and from what I can tell there is no roof to large parts of the maze?

Robert.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:31 pm

Around 6pm, it will be sunset, so while the experience will be lighter, it won't be full daylight, just a bit darker so it probably has little effect on the actual maze experience itself. I suppose it depends on how scared of the dark you are when choosing the time slot that you do the maze in!

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:45 pm

hursty wrote:
Hearing things to suggest at least one of the mazes has had a soft opening.

Staff previews are Thursday so might start seeing a bit more information coming out.

As far as I know none of the mazes are doing this, Altonville Mine Tours still needed queue fencing putting in yesterday, Sub Species was being worked on and audio testing the finale (clearly audible from the path running alongside), as well as the white metal fencing from around Sub's exit being taken down. The area leading to TOTT and Sub Species' entrance was still blocked off, and The Welcoming was being worked on with audio testing as well. Sounds like the audio's going to be very tense in there.