UK theme parks from another point of view!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: 2015 Scarefest

Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:44 pm

PeteB wrote:
Good to see the Th13teen hooded dudes making a return. What were they officially called again? :-k

Wraiths.

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Aye, that be them. :D

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Judging by where they were queuing ripsaw raver the old ToTT entrance.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Just been in sub species very very good!

Very dark, very confined, multiple routes, actors do what they want to you :) be warned.

If some of you are fans of hellraiser expect to see cenobite inspired creatures after you!
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:29 pm

its only molly crowe and ToTT you can do Extreme or Alone, think they reserved Lockdown especially for SS.
EDIT Did you enter through ToTTs entrance last year?

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:21 pm

lewis97 wrote:
PeteB wrote:
Good to see the Th13teen hooded dudes making a return. What were they officially called again? :-k

Wraiths.

And this time they can talk!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Yea my bad, tbh it wouldn't be the same alone anyway as the idea of the maze is your all contestants / prisoners and its a race to make it out alive.

Its extreme as it is tbh, I got dragged, slapped on my hands, hands all over my face, sniffing, lurking etc. And yes I entered through ToTT old entrance, I came out of the far side containers closest to the ruins, on Saturday gonna try to find my way to the other ending.

Rosepetals36
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Oh my I'm so excited :D been going scarefest past few years and I LOVE it, going in fancy dress this year could anyone give me any pointers about costumes and rides? What doesn't go? Like capes getting caught etc, also thinkin about bookin an extreme maze this year are they worth it? So glad they've had a shake up of mazes too, boiler house was a fave of mine gutted it didn't come back :/

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:36 pm

You probably would be asked to take it off if it was a long cape tbh. I have a head-to-toe cowl/hood cape thingy and it would be flapping everywhere and wouldn't be safe. Masks are not permitted.

Also as pointed out over at TS the Molly Crowe has a 6 pumpkin rating. ToTT is a 5, and Sub Species: The End Games is also a 6.

Rosepetals36
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you, decided against cape and gone for a hooded dress style :D (tbh I'm not so fussed on rides as I was there a few weeks ago and got on everythin more than once!)
They sound Amazin! Ur sub species experience sounded brill! Really cannot decide on maze order this year as normally try and build it up to the baddest scare last! But what to do this year! I'm thinkin TOTT, sub species then Molly Crowe :D

Mastero1700
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Andy Mc wrote:

Very dark, very confined, multiple routes, actors do what they want to you :) be warned.

If some of you are fans of hellraiser expect to see cenobite inspired creatures after you!

Is it like previous mazes where you are in a line with hands on the persons shoulders in front of you?

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Cannot wait for this, I was excited before, now with these reports my appetite is thoroughly wetted. :D

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Mastero1700 wrote:
Andy Mc wrote:

Is it like previous mazes where you are in a line with hands on the persons shoulders in front of you?

No sub species is not conga line

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:43 am

Mastero1700 wrote:
Andy Mc wrote:

Its like every man for himself! Groups / couples are almost immediately split up. There is 3 doors/routes after the control room where contestants choose their fate :D

Not sure how many they'd send in on the night but it was 6 guests & 2 Alton towers employees doing the maze at the time. So maybe 8 ish.

The fact actors on preview night made full use of their privilege to get hands on and groups split up is why I think personally this will provide best scare factor this Scarefest! And not to mention during the whole maze experience the only time I came across another guest / contestant was at the one of two endings. Those attending SMN are in for a treat with a lights on tour as it looked a very intricate networking system of tunnels / multiple routes etc.

I'll go for Molly Crowe for an all around unique experience and ToTT for just a good old show!
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:57 am

Andy were you at all the preview nights ?

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:31 am

Andy were you at all the preview nights ?

Nah only Wednesday, back on park today for a day out with a mate, hopefully they may be testing again.

Alton Towers Guest Facebook Post wrote:
I'd avoid End Zone sub species if I were you. We were picked along with another group to "test" the attraction before it opens on Saturday.

I was dragged through what I thought was a doorway but not told to duck down (you can't see anything it's pitch black so could not see how small the gap was). There was also another guy who was taken out of that maze before I was who was also receiving first aid for splitting his head open too. It needs more risk assessments and safety checks before people are allowed in!

I saw one guy with a head wound upon leaving. It looked nasty as in a big scrape on the top of his head but had no idea it was like a proper gash.

The maze is extremely tight with lots of obstacles, one part a narrow passageway with oil drums along it with actors chasing behind, other varied tunneling systems / openings in walls etc. Interesting to see if the intensity of actors is toned down before Saturday.

..The Controller waits for you! I'm ready for another death race :)

Richo1999
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:37 am

Hi :) Can anybody who's been in the new mazes tell me if there are any parts in the route where you have to crawl under things or through tunnels? :) Thanks
/Users/Josh/Desktop/aaa_nemesis_11.jpg

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:50 pm

In sub species there is a pitch black tunnel system so yea crawling with be required if you choose that certain route.

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:04 pm

Ok so lets get this straight
SubSpecies-Enters Via ToTTS 2014 entrance - Exits via the containers
ToTT-Enters through conservatory but then out the back to across the lawn via a purpose built path into the old Sanctuary basement levels. Exit still unknown
Molly Crowe-Enters via ToTTs early 2000's entrance (X-Sector Tunnel) Exit Unkown

Looking at the entrance of both mazes i still find it hard to see just where ToTT and MC will exit , can anyone shed light on this

lewishudson83
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Is terror of the towers and molly crowe a Congo line?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk