UK theme parks from another point of view!

Pixie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: 2014 Scarefest

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:45 pm

gee wrote:
I really hope they do have the extreme tickets again this year. They only had 15 tickets per day per maze last year. You had to sign a disclaimer to allow the actors to do as they pleased with you when you were in the maze. It cost £15 each. I did the sanctuary which was recomended at guest services over terror in the towers. It was at the very end of the day about 10pm the group of 15 was split into 3 groups of 5. I was in the last group of 5 to enter. We was all sat down and had all the actors around us while dr.kelmen gave a speech then 1 by 1 we was sent into a dark towers on our own. It was a very different maze experience very thrilling. I hope they do it again this year as I will deffently be doing it again. It's my little claim to fame I was the last ever person to be seen by dr kelmen as i was the last out of the last group on the last day...... Who wants to touch me!!! lol. But recommend to anyone who wants that little extra from the scare maze

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: GOODNESS! that sounds welllllllllllllllllllll SCARY!!!!! OMG I hope they have this...I may need a few shots of vodka if I did that on my own mind! hahaha - ARGHHH I hope they do now....I didnt realise it was like that! Mind you last year in one of the scaremazes I got cut off from my group and this guy trapped me and wouldnt let me pass...it was horrible..I couldnt get away from him......and that was in the normal one! thank god my partner realised I wasnt there and she came all the way back to get me - I couldnt see a thing either :dizzy: :dizzy: - I was surprised the actor did this as they arent usually allowed to I didnt think.

I have to admit one of my faves was Cabin in the Woods at Thorpe. Loved that you could go in in pairs and choose a room. That was terrifying !!! and the fact that they are allowed to have contact with you at Thorpe.

Any thing, Dont you wish they did Scarefest/Fright Nights merchandise like tees and that. So you could get a tee that says something like Scafest Alton Towers 2014.... not sure if anybody here ahs been to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal but they have some really good merch and love that every year you could collect a tee with the year on it....or maybe Im just a sucker for memorabillia :roll:
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Now that Old McDonald's Farmyard and Altonville Motel have gone, Do you think we will finally be rid of the scarecrows this year?

Cam_muir
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:
Now that Old McDonald's Farmyard and Altonville Motel have gone, Do you think we will finally be rid of the scarecrows this year?

I doubt it, they won't have any budget left to spend on props around the park.

JustWill

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:14 am

I know Nemesis have sub terra, but maybe a Nemesis themed horror maze would be cool?
They do have SubTerra, but that would still be cool,

A scare maze about the backstory of Nemesis!

Lotty
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 am

Any thing, Dont you wish they did Scarefest/Fright Nights merchandise like tees and that. So you could get a tee that says something like Scafest Alton Towers 2014.... not sure if anybody here ahs been to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal but they have some really good merch and love that every year you could collect a tee with the year on it....or maybe Im just a sucker for memorabillia :roll:

They do, Last year was the first year they had hoodies, hats & Pens didn't see t'shirts, but they've been doing mugs for scarefest for years, i get one every year then retire it when i get a new one :D

I really am not sure about a maze based around sub terra, its not intense enough in the maze bit after the ride let alone making a maze of it. plus if they were going to do it wouldn't they have done one already by now like when the ride first opened.

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:02 pm

Honestly if they used some of the Scarefest budget on Sub-Terra I would be VERY disappointed as it would waste money that could have been used on Theming or Duel Live or something.

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:

I certainly hope so. The scarecrow/ farmyard theme is perfectly appropriate when used in a small area of the park at Scarefest such as "Franklins Freaky Farm", however as a park-wide theme it seems to have little relevance to any of the Scarefest attractions at Alton Towers. I think Alton Towers should keep the entrance decorations however a complete refurbishment of all other Scarefest decorations needs to take place to allow for a diverse and professional look on park during the Halloween event.

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:26 pm

I think we will see some new theming in and around the park :) as for mazes I'm not sure whether to hold my breath any longer :/

Alton13Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Really weird, i just heard out of the blue that carnival of screams is back, as Alton have failed to make a new maze. Same lineup as 2013 apparently, from a trusted friend of mine. We'll find out soon i suppose.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:56 pm

Alton13Nemesis wrote:
Really weird, i just heard out of the blue that carnival of screams is back, as Alton have failed to make a new maze. Same lineup as 2013 apparently, from a trusted friend of mine. We'll find out soon i suppose.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see won't we

Alton13Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Hope its true, got no idea where he got the information from though.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:27 pm

I know it's kind of a long shot but do you reckon we'd see any extra theming around rides at all to make them 'scarier'?

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:59 pm

I think the only way we would see that this year, would be if the staff put them up themselves, But Merlin seem to be slowly coming to terms with Scarefest Budgets, so we may start to see this happen oficially in about 3 or 4 years time.

Speedy_no1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:05 pm

The scarefest app says carnival of screams is back, exactly same line up from last year!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, the app hasn't been updated since last year.

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:17 am

Do you think they are taking so long because they are planning something big?

Cam_muir
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:00 am

No I don't think that is the case unfortunately I think we may be disappointed this year, thanks to Merlin and there (big) budgets.

Alton13Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:59 am

Well i personally am not bothered if we don't get any changes from last year, its all about the park atmosphere! Anyway, its not like it hasn't changed for years, its only the first year of not changing anything.

Cam_muir
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:01 am

That's true we are all used to it getting better each year, if they do end up keeping the same mazes I really hope they change them around alot!

Lotty
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:10 pm

If Scarefest is the most popular event an one of "the busiest" times at the park, why does it always seem to get the short straw? i started going in 2007 when they had lighting across the park, i do believe they were promoting twilight new moon across the whole park to which to be fair is not everyones cup of tea but still it was "park wide music" and the light show on the castle, Plus 3 major mazes. and also they had the Haunted hallow walk through with live actors.

Now we have some lighting, 2 major mazes and one "for the family" and a zombie walkthrough. if it's as busy as they say and bringing in more revenue than most other times of the year we should be seeing more improvements each year not less. just my opinion i know they've added more for kids which is great........ just feels like they could be doing more for us adults who want the scare so if it is the same as last year....... well i don't even know what to think....

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)