UK theme parks from another point of view!

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 62
 
RIDECRAZY
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 61
Joined: February 2012

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:02 am

Yeah I'll give one a ring in the morning, just thought someone on her might of used one before, saving the hassle of a ring! :P Can the Kellogg's 2FOR1 vouchers be used during half term? They don't expire till April 2015, just scared of exclusion dates! Anyone know or planning on using them?
 
jjoverrun
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 45
Joined: November 2014
Location: UK

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:15 am

This is not a question special to 2015 but I have always wanted to know why air slows down for 10 seconds or so on the lift hill then speeds up again?
Image

Credit to nemesis rider for this awesome pic :D
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2384
Joined: June 2009

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:35 am

jjoverrun wrote:
This is not a question special to 2015 but I have always wanted to know why air slows down for 10 seconds or so on the lift hill then speeds up again?


That is because sometimes the craft that is going round the track hasn't hit the brake run at the end, so the lift hill will automatically slow down until the craft in front has safely passed through those brakes.
Image
Image
 
User avatar
Zach
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 800
Joined: July 2012

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:41 am

RIDECRAZY wrote:
Yeah I'll give one a ring in the morning, just thought someone on her might of used one before, saving the hassle of a ring! :P Can the Kellogg's 2FOR1 vouchers be used during half term? They don't expire till April 2015, just scared of exclusion dates! Anyone know or planning on using them?


Exclusion dates will be listed on the voucher :)
Image
Image
 
Macca79
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 74
Joined: July 2008
Location: southampton

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 am

Hi.
I actually have a week on so am hoping after all these years to attend a TT meet.
The 28/03/15 meet can i get a few details please. Cost, is it a day or over night trip, how does it all work really :)

Thank you in advance.
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4371
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:22 am

Macca79 wrote:
Hi.
I actually have a week on so am hoping after all these years to attend a TT meet.
The 28/03/15 meet can i get a few details please. Cost, is it a day or over night trip, how does it all work really :)

Thank you in advance.

The event is just on the Saturday, so there's no requirement to stay overnight.

However, the event is expected to start at around 8am so if you've got a long way to travel you may want to stay over the night before. Also there is a social on Saturday evening which everyone's welcome to attend and so many choose to stay over in the on-site hotels.
Image
 
User avatar
NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1724
Joined: May 2014
Location: Praising John Wardley

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:34 am

Was Nemesis' track always meant to look worn/a bit rusty? I've just been looking through the construction archives and it looks that way. Was it intentional or is it just the photo quality?
 
Owen
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 3014
Joined: March 2012
Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:42 am

I would assume they were going for a rusty look as it makes the ride look much more intimidating in my opinion - this is a way to make it scary without the use of much height :)
Image
 
gmonster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 32
Joined: February 2015
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi folks,
This will be the 1st time going to Towers with my partner in a wheelchair so we have not noticed disabled access before, but do the rides have wheelchair access seperate to normal waiting line? Cheers
 
User avatar
Danny
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2498
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:40 pm

gmonster wrote:
Hi folks,
This will be the 1st time going to Towers with my partner in a wheelchair so we have not noticed disabled access before, but do the rides have wheelchair access seperate to normal waiting line? Cheers


At Alton Towers there are usually designated disabilities/wheelchair queue, but for some rides you will queue at the exit of the ride. Hope this helps and you have a good day :)
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4371
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Most rides' wheelchair access is via their exit or a designated disabled queueline. To be able to access the park's attractions in this way, you will need to ensure that you visit Guest Services at the beginning of your day to collect a Ride Access Pass and wristband. Your partner will need to bring photographic ID and documentation detailing their disability, in order to be eligible for the Pass.

The resort have a leaflet with all the information, which can be found here.
Image
 
User avatar
Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 1707
Joined: September 2014
Location: Beneath the Paris Opera House

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:24 am

You get given a card so when you go on a big ride, they write a time you can ride another big ride.
Image
 
User avatar
definedancing
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 172
Joined: May 2014

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:35 am

What kind of merchandise is being sold for Nemesis 21st anniversary? Just hoodies and t-shirts or are there smaller things too?
 
User avatar
Michelle
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1366
Joined: January 2013
Location: North West

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Hoodies and t-shirts are all I noticed in the shop last weekend, though possibly they'll have a bigger selection in main season? I'd quite like a keyring!
Image
Image
 
gmonster
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 32
Joined: February 2015
Location: Wolverhampton

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 pm

DannyG wrote:

At Alton Towers there are usually designated disabilities/wheelchair queue, but for some rides you will queue at the exit of the ride. Hope this helps and you have a good day :)
lewis97 wrote:
Most rides' wheelchair access is via their exit or a designated disabled queueline. To be able to access the park's attractions in this way, you will need to ensure that you visit Guest Services at the beginning of your day to collect a Ride Access Pass and wristband. Your partner will need to bring photographic ID and documentation detailing their disability, in order to be eligible for the Pass.

The resort have a leaflet with all the information, which can be found here.
TTheory wrote:
You get given a card so when you go on a big ride, they write a time you can ride another big ride.


Cheers guys and really appreciate it :D
 
kenmac15
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 8
Joined: January 2015

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

If you buy a day ticket for the opening Saturday & a rebound ticket for the Sunday can I buy another one for the Monday or can you only get one for one day being the Sunday?
 
User avatar
lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP
Posts: 4371
Joined: November 2012
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 pm

No, it's not possible to buy a next day bounceback ticket using a bounceback ticket as you are required to produce a standard park ticket when you go to purchase the bounceback.
Image
 
kenmac15
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 8
Joined: January 2015

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:13 pm

Thought so, only asked as me & my daughter have annual passes but the ex Mrs is coming as well & she doesn't & wanted to stay till Monday but that's out the window then lol
 
Craftylee
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 21
Joined: March 2013
Location: Ireland

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:53 pm

Hey guys, I'm looking at heading to AT in May, specifically May 12th-14th. Would any of you be able to let me know if this is a busy time? And what queues are roughly like this time of year?

Much appreciated!
 
Macca79
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 74
Joined: July 2008
Location: southampton

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions 2015

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 am

kenmac15 wrote:
Thought so, only asked as me & my daughter have annual passes but the ex Mrs is coming as well & she doesn't & wanted to stay till Monday but that's out the window then lol


What you could do is always find a nice person in the park to give you their standard ticket at the end of the day so you can get another bounce back.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 62

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 186 guests