UK theme parks from another point of view!

sminter1sr
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:47 am

Hi a few questions I hope you don't mind me asking...first visit for about 20 years!

1) Do the cold refillable drinks include water yet, and what do the hot refillable drinks include?

2) Where can you obtain alcohol (ie beer) in the park? Trying to strategically keep my husband happy while he's waiting for kids riding :)

3) Anyone know what the entertainment is like at Alton Towers Hotel this year? Like what time it runs and what it consists of? Thanks a lot for any info!

Systematic
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:57 pm

sminter1sr wrote:
Hi a few questions I hope you don't mind me asking...first visit for about 20 years!

1) Do the cold refillable drinks include water yet, and what do the hot refillable drinks include?

2) Where can you obtain alcohol (ie beer) in the park? Trying to strategically keep my husband happy while he's waiting for kids riding :)

3) Anyone know what the entertainment is like at Alton Towers Hotel this year? Like what time it runs and what it consists of? Thanks a lot for any info!

1) Yes, from any station that has ICE water available or alternatively any restaurant (which incidentally, they will give to you with a quencher or not).

2) Alcohol can now only be purchased from 3 locations on park - Towers Street Bar & Grill, Courtyard Tavern and Woodcutters. All restaurants do not require you to eat with them, so feel free to pop in and have a pint or glass of wine.

3) The Ents at the Hotel is great this year with a variety of ever changing activities targeted towards both adults and children. It generally runs as follows
ATH - Magic/family show after park close followed by two sets of evening entertainment from 8pm onwards. This is generally a singer or band.
Splash - Meet & Greet post park close, followed by a magic/family show. The evening is followed by the Calypso Disco hosted Hotel Entertainments team. This goes onto till 12pm, however the bar closes approximately 2am.

Hope that this helps and that you have a great time at the resort :)

pompeyjags
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:47 am

inFusion wrote:
pompeyjags wrote:
Heading down with wife and 3 kids on 27th. We are getting train to stoke the taxi from there to splash, does anyone know a number for a decent taxi company that will have a taxi to take us all in one go? And a rough idea on price?

have a look at http://grabacabstoke.com/index.html

Been trying them for past few days. Never seem to answer the phone or reply to emails from the site..

inFusion
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 am

pompeyjags wrote:
inFusion wrote:
pompeyjags wrote:
Heading down with wife and 3 kids on 27th. We are getting train to stoke the taxi from there to splash, does anyone know a number for a decent taxi company that will have a taxi to take us all in one go? And a rough idea on price?

have a look at http://grabacabstoke.com/index.html

Been trying them for past few days. Never seem to answer the phone or reply to emails from the site..

Strange... You could try http://www.citycabs2000.co.uk - they're supposed to be one of the best in Stoke

Muppet
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:34 pm

I have the chance to visit the AT park this Monday (looks a bit damp weather wise though) looking back at past posts I last visited in 2005! (Thorpe park is normally much nearer for me now)

A few things have obviously changed in the last decade, do you have to pre pay express parking or can you just pay on the day?

Also previous visits I have had a small over the shoulder bag that I have worn under a hoodie on the rides. Are they still ok with this... I don't really want to leave car keys, money and cards in a locker and I have no bag sitter!

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:09 am

Not too sure on this one, but you might be able to pay on the day, however, don't quote me on that one. You can definitely pre order online, I'd imagine that's printing off a order thing or something.

With the bag,my ou should be fine, just as long as you have a hoodie over it, they won't mind. They don't let you on if you have loose articles, but you should be fine with that :)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:49 am

You can pay on the day for express parking, just follow express parking signs. Its £16
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Muppet
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks for the replies, I need a small bag to put my glasses in as well and then have them handy when the ride has finished so I am not stumbling around blindly!

That parking fee is still £10 cheaper than what it costs in my local station car park to park for the day! I think it's worth it to avoid the monorail queues.

oliverfox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Anyone know if Towers Trading is still selling the newest Monopoly game?

pompeyjags
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Yeah. Its available still at £35

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Whats the park going to be like first week of September?

I'm hoping quiet due to Smiler incident and Scarefest not being far off but thought that with it being just before school starts again, there maybe a few last minute trips.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:49 pm

September is usually the quietist month for me, I'm going to try and get a few visits then so I'm guessing it may be quiet for most rides.

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi, I was wondering what time Towers Trading opens and whether they still offer buy now collect later? Thank you

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:07 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering what time Towers Trading opens and whether they still offer buy now collect later? Thank you

Towers Trading usually opens when the park opens. They do indeed still offer the buy now collect later option too :)

tannwick
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to pre-book disabled car parking for the fireworks? Suspecting more people than usual will use the express parking and want to make sure we get a space.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:22 pm

If by disabled parking you mean Express Parking, then yes, you can pre book online before your visit :) I believe you may need to print a code or something, but if not just take a picture of the screen and show them that :)

tannwick
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Disabled parking is in the same area as Express but is free with a premium pass and blue badge/other evidence of disability. Not many marked disabled spaces but assume they overflow into normal spaces used for express also.

Will ask at Towers when we go next.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:11 am

Ok so a few friends from Ireland are coming over in November and fancy a trip to towers for fireworks, is it possible to book them in advance using the MAP discount currently at £18pp?
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:51 am

Don't they need their own MAPs? If they do then I'd presume so, if not then I doubt you can get the discount.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:57 am

Andy Mc wrote:
Ok so a few friends from Ireland are coming over in November and fancy a trip to towers for fireworks, is it possible to book them in advance using the MAP discount currently at £18pp?

I don't see why not as when you call to book the family and friend discount tickets you are asked which date you want to book for. The only restriction may be on the Saturday of Fireworks as that is the busiest day. Best thing to do is give Merlin a call and ask :)