Hi a few questions I hope you don't mind me asking...first visit for about 20 years!
1) Do the cold refillable drinks include water yet, and what do the hot refillable drinks include?
2) Where can you obtain alcohol (ie beer) in the park? Trying to strategically keep my husband happy while he's waiting for kids riding
3) Anyone know what the entertainment is like at Alton Towers Hotel this year? Like what time it runs and what it consists of? Thanks a lot for any info!
1) Yes, from any station that has ICE water available or alternatively any restaurant (which incidentally, they will give to you with a quencher or not).
2) Alcohol can now only be purchased from 3 locations on park - Towers Street Bar & Grill, Courtyard Tavern and Woodcutters. All restaurants do not require you to eat with them, so feel free to pop in and have a pint or glass of wine.
3) The Ents at the Hotel is great this year with a variety of ever changing activities targeted towards both adults and children. It generally runs as follows
ATH - Magic/family show after park close followed by two sets of evening entertainment from 8pm onwards. This is generally a singer or band.
Splash - Meet & Greet post park close, followed by a magic/family show. The evening is followed by the Calypso Disco hosted Hotel Entertainments team. This goes onto till 12pm, however the bar closes approximately 2am.
Hope that this helps and that you have a great time at the resort