UK theme parks from another point of view!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:25 pm

sum1mad wrote:
Don't they need their own MAPs? If they do then I'd presume so, if not then I doubt you can get the discount.

I don't know about AT but when I booked blackpool for friends on our trip they didn't need a MAP. I just made a call and was just asked what date, how many basically.

But seeing as its a big event for AT I'm not sure I could get the £18 tickets, I'll ring them anyway, thanks for the responses.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:36 am

sum1mad wrote:
Don't they need their own MAPs? If they do then I'd presume so, if not then I doubt you can get the discount.

No they won't, as Andy is asking about the MAP friends and family discount tickets MAP can get, to allow accompanying guests to enter at a discounted rate :)

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Hey guys,
This is gonna sound really cheeky but I've booked a 3 night break at the Alton towers hotel from 19th oct - 22nd during the scarefest event. I've seen a few people getting free or cheap upgrades in the hotels, how do I go about inquiring about this? , I don't even mind depending on how much more paying a bit extra to upgrade. Obviously I think availability will be low as its scarefest but with recent events over past few months I wasn't sure if they doing deals & offers due to how quiet the resort h been.

I've tried to put this in a not taking the mickey way lol

Cheers guys

Andy

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Contacted Merlin via phone and PM on FB, the £18pp deal is still valid for Fireworks events. The deal ends around October 31st I believe so those with MAP who have friends coming for the whole day to Fireworks book before then.

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:27 pm

hey guys,
just phoned Alton about booking theme park tickets for my friend as staying in hotel 19th-21st Oct, the £18 friends & family offer finishes Monday, so its £24, but also she said bounce-back is not available when im going, is this because of scarefest? So whats my cheapest way of doing this? 2 day ticket booked online & purchase a day ticket over phone at £24? Would it benefit me to phone hotel line and quote my booking ref number and say i want to add theme park tickets that way?

cheers

andy

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:45 pm

Starlight expresser wrote:
the £18 friends & family offer finishes Monday, so its £24

This Monday? Guess I was wrong about it being end of October then.

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:07 pm

Andy Mc wrote:
Starlight expresser wrote:
the £18 friends & family offer finishes Monday, so its £24

This Monday? Guess I was wrong about it being end of October then.

yea this Monday, but i think its a bit bad it dosn't state this on website, its false advertisement.

Stripes91
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi,
Can somebody let me know what day the travellers / gypsy will be going to Scarefest this year please?

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:36 pm

Stripes91 wrote:
Hi,
Can somebody let me know what day the travellers / gypsy will be going to Scarefest this year please?

The traditional "Travellers Day" of Scarefest is generally the first Sunday of the event, which this year falls on 18th October.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:02 pm

What is there other than scare mazes at scarefest? Is there anything that's for scarefest that isn't a maze? (Also, are any of the mazes ever free :P)

glen191
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:24 pm

I've been at AT today and as I was leaving the x sector I noticed a truck and a crane behind a gate near the toilet block at the end of the smiler I couldn't make out if it was to do with the smiler or scarefest does any one know.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:37 pm

glen191 wrote:
I've been at AT today and as I was leaving the x sector I noticed a truck and a crane behind a gate near the toilet block at the end of the smiler I couldn't make out if it was to do with the smiler or scarefest does any one know.

It is most likely for Scarefest construction or the current work being carried out on The Smiler.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:50 pm

There should be more shipping containers going near the tower ruins I think. I'm on park tomorrow so I'll see if anything is happening.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:02 pm

sum1mad wrote:
What is there other than scare mazes at scarefest? Is there anything that's for scarefest that isn't a maze? (Also, are any of the mazes ever free :P)

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:27 pm

sum1mad wrote:

As well as the three Scare Mazes, there will also be two "Scare Zones" (Nox Infernus & Dark Apocalypse) which are included with park admission.

Alton did used to do a free maze alongside the paid ones (it typically used to be ToTT) but last year both mazes required an additional fee to be paid.

All information on Scarefest can be found
here

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:31 pm

how long does the th13teen queue capacitate??
Plus over queues... V. Interested!!

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Emporium wrote:
how long does the th13teen queue capacitate??
Plus over queues... V. Interested!!

I'd imagine around 3 hours, there is an awful lot of cattle pen in there. Pretty sure that there might be more on top of that too though. The smiler holds around 2-4 hours; upon opening the queue wasn't completed so there was a bit of an extended queue, but there was more on top of that too :)

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:04 pm

I take it that's for Th13teen... I heard on Coasterviews that Rita only capacitates 1hr 10mins with all sections open... Don't think thats true as seen queue on 3hrs at scarefest.

Cjslaterhot77
TT Member
TT Member

Scarefest 2015 all day dining

Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:25 am

Hi guys Scarefest is approaching and I am trying to get prepared.
Maze tickets booked for 12 were staying for 3 nights in the Alton towers hotel
The question is a few years ago when we first attended Scarefest we took advantage of the all day dining plan
Yet when I go on line to book it didn't give me the dates I am going for ?
So I sent an email to Alton Towers and they say they are doing it but it will be a different price structure so will be released closer the time ? We go in 38 days.... Anyone know anything about all day dining over Scarefest or if it can be booked now ?

Master_feedback
TT Member
TT Member

Fireworks 2015

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:17 pm

So Ive been looking on the AT website and I cant find any mention of fireworks for this year anyone know if they are going ahead or its not happening this year?