UK theme parks from another point of view!

tgeorge
TT Member
TT Member

Alton Towers Hotel or Enchanted Village Lodges?

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:22 am

Hello everyone!

I am about to book a 2 night stay at Alton Towers at June for my family of 5 and I can’t decide which one to book. The price is about the same on both hotels, Alton Towers hotel is 20 pounds cheaper for Explorer family room.

Thanks

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:03 am

tgeorge wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am about to book a 2 night stay at Alton Towers at June for my family of 5 and I can’t decide which one to book. The price is about the same on both hotels, Alton Towers hotel is 20 pounds cheaper for Explorer family room.

Thanks

Hello and welcome :wave:

I would personally go for the Enchanted Village. While it might be a bit further out of the way than the rest of the resort I think it has a certain charm that you don't get from the hotels.

I stayed in the EV for the first time last July and loved it. The Crooked Spoon is a lovely restaurant although depending how busy it is you can expect to wait a while to place your order (you don't have to eat in the Crooked Spoon if you stay in the Enchanted Village, you do have the options of Secret Garden, Flambo's or Emperors Grill)

That being said, if you've never stayed on resort before then the Alton Towers Hotel would be my choice. The whole hotel has a quirkiness that you won't find anywhere else and I was blown away when I stayed there for the first time.

Having stayed in all three of the accommodation choices at the resort I prefer the Enchanted Village but I would look at the Alton Towers Hotel if you've never stayed there before.

Hope that helps :)

tgeorge
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:39 am

Thanks
We stayed at Splash Landings hotel 2 years ago and it was OK.....
OK few more questions please
1. How far is the Village to the monorail compared to the Alton Towers Hotel?
2. How about the space in the Lodge compared to the Explorer family room at Alton towers?
3. Is it hot at June? Because I have notice that there is not AC in the Lodge.

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:04 pm

tgeorge wrote:
Thanks
We stayed at Splash Landings hotel 2 years ago and it was OK.....
OK few more questions please
1. How far is the Village to the monorail compared to the Alton Towers Hotel?
2. How about the space in the Lodge compared to the Explorer family room at Alton towers?
3. Is it hot at June? Because I have notice that there is not AC in the Lodge.

1) The Enchanted Village is on the field to the east of the Alton Towers Hotel and it's roughly a 5 minute walk between the two.

2) The lodges are slightly smaller than the Explorer rooms in ATH.

3) Off the top of my head I can't remember the lack of AC being a problem. Obviously we're reliant on the great British weather so that may not be an issue but I don't remember it being uncomfortably hot in the lodge (and that was with 5 adults sharing it)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:08 am

Can anyone link me to the booking page for resort accomodation please? Been trying to find it for 30 mins, the website is abysmal and is no doubt losing them some custom :(
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:59 am

https://www.altontowers.com/short-break ... ng-with-us

Use the drop down tabs at the bottom of the page to select your package, dates and who is going etc.. and click see packages. This will take you through different pages, you are not committed to purchasing until you submit your credit/debit card details.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:13 pm

ROYJESS wrote:
https://www.altontowers.com/short-breaks#benefits-of-staying-with-us

Use the drop down tabs at the bottom of the page to select your package, dates and who is going etc.. and click see packages. This will take you through different pages, you are not committed to purchasing until you submit your credit/debit card details.

I still can't get anything. Is it because I'm on a smartphone and not a desktop? Surely they should've configured it for both.

EDIT-it's not been configured correctly for android, works on desktop. Very poor indeed.

tcw1993
TT Member
TT Member

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:57 pm

So this is just a question I've been wondering and scratching my head about, apologies if it's the wrong section.
As I'm aware NST is a drop tower ride but how exactly does it work because when you leave the ride itself, the chains behind the seats are being wound upwards and I really can't get my head round why? Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.

oliverfox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Hey where would I be able to post a link to a questionnaire about events in the park for my dissertation?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:07 pm

oliverfox wrote:
Hey where would I be able to post a link to a questionnaire about events in the park for my dissertation?

We'd suggest posting it in a new topic in Coffee Shack.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:30 pm

Does anybody know Alton Towers Resort's accomodation capacity when ATH, Splash Landings and Enchanted Village are all fully open?

3Dimensions
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:02 pm

So I'm deciding to go again this year, this time on May 9th, should it be pretty empty then? Checked transport and should all be doable just wondering queues as there are limited opening times during the week in May. :/

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:48 pm

3Dimensions wrote:
this time on May 9th, should it be pretty empty then? :/

How long is a piece of string?

I think it could go either way. The park could remain quiet just like last season because of last years incident.....

...on the other hand, it could be very busy due to the fact that the mid week closing has pushed more guess that would have otherwise visited on the Tuesday and Wednesday into visiting on the Monday. Also we will also have Galatica and The Smiler which might also draw in more visitors.

With any luck, the queues won't be too big.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:58 am

Does anyone know of any full experience videos of the smiler that include queue, ride and exit path?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1901!
Ride count 2020: 128!
Cred count: 96!

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:20 am

Liam.W wrote:
Does anyone know of any full experience videos of the smiler that include queue, ride and exit path?

I can't say I know of a full complete walk through with all of that in, I do however know of videos with those sections in, which if watched together would complete the request you are asking but no there are none to my knowledge of a complete walk through entrance to exit.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Does anyone know if you can pick up pre booked theme park tickets from the hotel reception, thanks!

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:10 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Does anyone know if you can pick up pre booked theme park tickets from the hotel reception, thanks!

If they're part of a hotel booking then yes, if it's just for the theme park then you need to collect them from the pre-booked collection point on the plaza.

Sharnad
TT Member
TT Member

Queueing not riding

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:02 am

Bought annual merlin premium passes and now informed that they have closed the rides I will ride on. Are you able to.queue to chat to.someone and leave at the end of the queue and not ride

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Queueing not riding

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:03 am

Sharnad wrote:
Bought annual merlin premium passes and now informed that they have closed the rides I will ride on. Are you able to.queue to chat to.someone and leave at the end of the queue and not ride

Yeah, just let the staff member batching know that you're not riding and then you should be able to go straight through to the exit once it's your group's time to board.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:48 am

Does anyone know what time the ticket kiosks open in the morning and if we have to go to the pre booked kiosk (or not) to use a share the fun voucher?