UK theme parks from another point of view!

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:48 pm

Adam.W wrote:
Deadjack5 wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but is there any signposts at the entrance to guide where to walk to the car park as opposed to going on the monorail and the same to the entrance?

It's a pretty easy walk (about 10-15 mins), I've done it before quite a few times. There is a sign by the entrance I think, but along the route there aren't many places where you could get lost - just follow everyone else :P. You walk through a few coach car parks, then staff parking, etc, and eventually you come to the carparks. (It's pretty easy to find your way!)

Oh right, i've just looked on google maps and it's just really following the road besides the park with a few short cuts. Create thank you! Always wanted to walk it if the queues for the monorail were massive but never really knew where to walk.

DeadJack5
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 am

I don't know if this is the right topic to post this on so I do apologise.

Do they still sell the th13teen themed teddy bears? (The black and green ones). If so, how much do they sell for?

NeoXIII
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:16 am

Deadjack5 wrote:
I don't know if this is the right topic to post this on so I do apologise.

Do they still sell the th13teen themed teddy bears? (The black and green ones). If so, how much do they sell for?

Saw them the other week in the shop, so yes. But don't know the price of them really, sorry!

Skippyy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, I've done a tonne of searches on this forum and others but can find a clear answer.

Merlin have their Annual Passes on sale at the moment, and we've booked a night's stay at AT Hotel in the next couple of days, with 1 day + 1 day free park tickets. We've paid full price for the stay (no offers/discounts/vouchers), and I've heard AT will deduct the price of your park ticket from the cost of a new annual pass. Is that correct?

If they do deduct the price of the ticket, will they take it from the standard price, or the sale price? And also, as we're staying overnight and have two days in the park, will they deduct a standard days ticket, or half (as the second day is free), or something else?

Thank you in advance!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi! :)

I'd imagine that you would be refunded what you paid for the 1-day ticket (not 100% on that). However, as hotel stays are not covered by an annual pass, you would not receive a refund for the hotel stay. If the second day at the park is free, you would not be given anything for that.

It's worth noting that this refund is only available if you purchase the passes on the day of your visit and will not be given prior to or after this.

I'm sure if you contacted the resort, they'd be happy to provide more reliable information.

Hope I helped! :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Tomorrow there is a weather warning at AT (rain and thunder ect) how would this affect the rides especially Skyride, Oblivion, Spinball and Toadstool?

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:
Tomorrow there is a weather warning at AT (rain and thunder ect) how would this affect the rides especially Skyride, Oblivion, Spinball and Toadstool?

Rain doesn't really affect the operation of the rides unless it's extremely heavy.

Thunder and lightning will temporarily close most (if not all) outdoor attractions until any such storms have passed.

looptheloop
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 pm

There was heavy rain yesterday whilst I was on park and the rides continued to run although there was an announcement for Galactica and Nemesis I heard that said the ride experience could be uncomfortable. The front row on Nemesis was even more exhilarating with rain hitting you hard on the way round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:18 pm

Not sure if its a coincidence but Oblivion seemed to close a lot in the rain over the past 2/3 seasons. When I have ridden it in the rain, you essentially catch up to it on the drop, and its the most painful ride in the rain for me, but fun! :lol

buzzingstar01
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:02 am

Could anyone please help. I'm going to scare fest and was wondering if the restaurants in enchanted village or main hotel stay open later as we won't be getting back till well after 10...or are there any takeaways that can deliver to hotel??

LukaTronic
TT Member
TT Member

Duel - Animatronics?

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:15 am

Howdy guys,

my name is Luke, 19 years old and I live in Germany. I'm an animatronic-enthusiast and collector and I really love the "Duel" ride :) Does anyone know who made the animatronics for this ride?
With many kind greetings,

LukaTronic
Animatronic-Enthusiast and Collector

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Welcome to the forum Luke!

I'm not too sure about who made the animatronics for duel. However, if I had to guess I would say John Wardley. He was heavily involved in developing Alton Towers and before going into theme park design I'm certain he made animatronics.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2104!
Ride count 2020: 331!
Cred count: 117!

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:47 pm

https://towersstreet.com/wiki/Electric_Bill

Gives some details about that specific animatronic, and the duel wiki entry states that the sets were designed by Rex Studios, with the whole haunted house being designed by sparks group and John Wardley. :)

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:51 pm

Smoke and Mirrors is a great book to read if you want to learn about the designing and history of The Haunted House / Duel!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Woah that wiki is as smug and flippant as the forums.

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Sparks were in charge of making the animations for 1992, although they had no involvement in the 1993 adjustments because Keith thought that the ride was fine, and The Haunted House was their final big project as they had gone bankrupt.
I would imagine Rex were brought in to change things, seeing as they did Terror Tomb in 1994.

craig.day.92
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:52 pm

Hey guys, Thinking of going AT the weekend, Do you know of they are doing return the next day for £6 is it at all?

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:55 pm

craig.day.92 wrote:
Hey guys, Thinking of going AT the weekend, Do you know of they are doing return the next day for £6 is it at all?

Next day bouncebacks are now £10.

Sentri558
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:04 am

In a week I'm headed to the resort. We're booked in for a Moon Voyage room as that was the cheapest left, and we're all excited!

Is there any big tips anyone has for me to make the most of the visit? Even if just one person said something like "DON'T GET THE ALL DAY DINING" I'm sure it would help a bunch of people out.

(If this needs its own thread or I've placed it in the wrong section then sorry ;-; My forum-using abilities aren't that great.)

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:21 am

I agree with the don't get all day dining thing, also if you are planing on getting fasttrack its best to go to the park and check how long the queues are, so you can plan on which rides you need passes for. (Also get some donuts at the park, they are yummy)
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!