UK theme parks from another point of view!

Azza1390
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:34 am

May seem like a dumb question but do you have to pay separately for the mazes at scarefest?

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:25 am

Azza1390 wrote:
May seem like a dumb question but do you have to pay separately for the mazes at scarefest?

Yes - get the combi ticket for £20. (£16 for MAP holders) Scare zones are free.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

RyanJames
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:33 am

Count-Vonduel wrote:
In the past, how easy/hard has it been to get maze tickets on the day in the last week of scarefest?

There's a possibility that some of the earlier time slots may be available on the day (as I've managed to grab some tickets last minute in previous years), however due to the staggered opening of Scarefest this year it's possible that the mazes will be in higher demand.

So just to avoid disappointment I would pre book your maze tickets :)
@therealrnixon

pompeyjags
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:04 pm

this is aimed more at scottish users, do any of you know if kingshouse travel (they run weekly trips to AT) have gone out of business or have just stopped running the trips? they dont seem to reply on facebook, twitter or even emails any more.

thanks

(never mind, finally got an answer from them) :cry:

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:51 pm

How do I use the free Wifi at Alton Towers, Like do I need a password or somthing?

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:53 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:
How do I use the free Wifi at Alton Towers, Like do I need a password or somthing?

No, it utilises The Cloud. If you haven't already used The Cloud at another location you'll need to register an account, otherwise it's just a case of logging in.

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:54 pm

If you scan for Wifi you should see 'The Cloud'. You will have to register to begin with, but after you have an account you will automatically be able to log in to all hotspots around the UK. The service is quite reliable too!

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:07 am

Would someone be able to tell me if the Woodland Walk is still available to use?

If so, is it available during Early Ride Time? Can you go back to the hotels at park close?

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:09 am

altontowerskid wrote:
Would someone be able to tell me if the Woodland Walk is still available to use?

If so, is it available during Early Ride Time? Can you go back to the hotels at park close?

I'm pretty sure I heard it is shut. I would think it must be, with the construction of the new hotel.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:32 am

S.J_O'Grady wrote:
I'm pretty sure I heard it is shut. I would think it must be, with the construction of the new hotel.

Thanks for the response, another quick question...

Does anyone know the current timetable for the evening entertainment in ATH?
Having a snoop around on the website and can't see anything.

TuesdayNightChat
TT Member
TT Member

Spa

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:50 pm

Really disappointed to find out without much notice that the Spa is out of commission until next year.An absolute gutter for me and my crews annual scarefest trip pre park!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Does anybody know about Taxis from Stoke on Trent rail station to Alton Towers? Is there a taxi stop outside of the station and does anyone know how much it would cost?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

NeoXIII
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:55 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Does anybody know about Taxis from Stoke on Trent rail station to Alton Towers? Is there a taxi stop outside of the station and does anyone know how much it would cost?

There are plenty of Taxis waiting on the rail station, if you leave from the main entrance and turn left, there should be some waiting for passengers. As for the price, I paid around £20 to Alton Towers, but I pre-booked mine. Worth to have a look online to get a taxi quote from somewhere, some websites even offer a discounted return. :)

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks so much! Do you happen to remember which company you booked with?

Dom_Domino_
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Hey guys, I've been going to Alton Towers for years but this week I'm going to be driving there in my own car for the first time. I just wanted to know, Am I right in thinking that the machines for car park tokens are to the left if facing the park entrance from the monorail station? Cheers!

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Dom_Domino_ wrote:
Hey guys, I've been going to Alton Towers for years but this week I'm going to be driving there in my own car for the first time. I just wanted to know, Am I right in thinking that the machines for car park tokens are to the left if facing the park entrance from the monorail station? Cheers!

Car park tokens can be purchased just inside of the Theme Park entrance turnstiles :)

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Dom_Domino_ wrote:

There are car park ticket machines at the turnstiles (inside the theme park). If you are struggling to find them you can also buy them at the resort box office on Towers Street, although if you buy them from there I recommend you buy them at around midday to avoid lengthy queues at the box office.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2219!
Ride count 2020: 446!
Cred count: 117!

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Liam.W wrote:
Dom_Domino_ wrote:

There are car park ticket machines at the turnstiles (inside the theme park). If you are struggling to find them you can also buy them at the resort box office on Towers Street, although if you buy them from there I recommend you buy them at around midday to avoid lengthy queues at the box office.

You can also pay directly to whoever is working on the car park's gates at the time if the queues are massive whenever you go to the other places :)

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:43 pm

I would advise paying before you leave the park as paying at the barrier can seriously hold up exit for other guests.

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Justin wrote:
I would advise paying before you leave the park as paying at the barrier can seriously hold up exit for other guests.

When I've done it the worker on the gate just had a ticket in their pocket and I was through as quick as anyone else