UK theme parks from another point of view!

ROYJESS
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Alton Towers Resort - Quick Questions

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:36 am

NeoXIII wrote:
Isn't it gate opens at 10AM, and whoever has an annual pass can get in at 9:30AM?

No, not during the Scarefest or fireworks events. Like I've said there is no official times that they let people in before 10am. Like I said, it's all down to when the security/management says that the park is ready for the guest to enter and how full the space is between the Monorail and the turnstiles. Obviously they don't want to hold people before the turnstiles if it is crammed full of people. They usually aim to let people in around 9.45-9.50 but earlier if the front is getting crammed full of people. I'm usually first up front by the turnstiles with each visit and I also know the staff there.

There is also no guarantee that they will let you in before 10am either.

Roy :)

Count-Vonduel
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Will the x52 bus from Nottingham run on the 8th? I have asked AT on Twitter but got no answer.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:12 pm

Count-Vonduel wrote:
Will the x52 bus from Nottingham run on the 8th? I have asked AT on Twitter but got no answer.

I would suggest the best thing to do would be to contact the operator of the bus service directly. They will have the most up to date timetables and be able to advise what is running on the day you wish to travel and if there is anything which would affect the service.

DrKelman
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:51 pm

When booking tickets for the scare mazes it says on the page "Your items will be available for collection at the attraction on the day of your visit." Does this mean you can't print them off at home?

towerslover
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:58 pm

Give the operator a ring, I rang them regarding the same service a few weeks back, they were very helpful.

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:08 pm

''Your items will be available for collection at the attraction on the day of your visit.
Please print out a copy of your email confirmation and bring this with you along with your payment card AND proof of identification on the day of your visit.'' - From my maze booking confirmation email.

''Tickets can be collected from: Resort Box Office (Towers Street), Admissions Plaza or Sales and Information units around the Theme Park.''

addis
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:14 pm

Hi.

I remember visiting prevoiusly and AT allowing under 4's in free.

I can only see that under 3's are free now. Has it changed recently?

That being the case, we are planning a visit for fireworksale night. We are annual pass holders but don't have one for our 3 year old daughter.

I'm visiting with a family member in the next couple of weeks, if I bought a bounce back ticket would it be valid for fireworks night?

Thanks.

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:55 am

Why do Resort Staff all wear those 'ear-pluggy' things? Are they to transmit messages to ride hosts and etc without yelling them over the station like which restraint they need to check? I have noticed them over the last few years and they have gained my curiosity - they look cool though! :)
If anyone could tell me that would be greatly appreciated!
Formally Smiler313

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:51 am

Smiler313 wrote:
Why do Resort Staff all wear those 'ear-pluggy' things? Are they to transmit messages to ride hosts and etc without yelling them over the station like which restraint they need to check? I have noticed them over the last few years and they have gained my curiosity - they look cool though! :)

They are literally just foam so no they don't transmit messages, they are industry standard PPE (Personal Protective equipment). Due to the long exposure to noise they are required to wear them to stop them from developing tinnitus or like ear issues.

JonDoesTT
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Smiler313 wrote:

They're for staff so noise can be blocked out, there are dispensers for them in most/all ride stations. They aren't always worn, but it's probably annoying to hear the loud sounds rides & the people on them make all day.

Credit to NemesisRider

thebrynexpress
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:43 pm

I've been looking at booking one of the hotels for fireworks, and the only ones shown are off site, does that mean ATH and SL are sold out or closed?

ben199
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:23 pm

Does anyone know if I can get staff discount on maze tickets and if so whether they can be booked online?

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:44 am

addis wrote:
Hi.

I remember visiting prevoiusly and AT allowing under 4's in free.

I can only see that under 3's are free now. Has it changed recently?

That being the case, we are planning a visit for fireworksale night. We are annual pass holders but don't have one for our 3 year old daughter.

I'm visiting with a family member in the next couple of weeks, if I bought a bounce back ticket would it be valid for fireworks night?

Thanks.

Sadly they have changed the age that kids get in free, I believe it was brought in this season. I'm guessing because of cbeebies land young kids have more to do. it's infuriating because my eldest is about to turn three and she loves cbeebies so we're going to have to find workarounds for being a family of four with three who need to pay.

As for bounceback tickets they don't allow them for special events and fireworks are classed as a special event.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:58 am

addis wrote:

Thanks.

You can buy a special bounceback ticket for £25 that is valid for Fireworks :)
Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the signature!

SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need!

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:04 am

Is the new car park path open all the time? I assume the woodland walk is closed off for the hotel expansion?

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 am

Sawboss wrote:
Is the new car park path open all the time? I assume the woodland walk is closed off for the hotel expansion?

Woodland walk is closed. I believe the new path opens every evening after ride close so you can get out more quickly in the evening. In the morning everyone has to use the main entrance on Towers Street at the moment.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:05 am

Does anybody know why all day dining is not available on 21st October (tomorrow)?
Seems a bit odd that there is a random single date where it is not being sold.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:25 am

It could be they have only have a limited amount to sell and they sold them all. Other than that, I have no idea

Stripes91
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:23 pm

If I was to purchase tickets from Nov 5th (fireworks) could I purchase a 'bounce back' ticket on park for the 6th?

EABowden
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:36 pm

MakoMania wrote:
Sawboss wrote:

Woodland walk is closed. I believe the new path opens every evening after ride close so you can get out more quickly in the evening. In the morning everyone has to use the main entrance on Towers Street at the moment.

I understand that the access via Rollercoaster Restaurant is not available during scarefest. Can anyone confirm? This is a royal PITA if so, because itmeans to get to the hotel you have to go via the monorail and queue with all the proletariat

Thanks in advance
Ed