UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
Altonboy001
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 159
Joined: February 2013
Location: Stoke

Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:12 am

This thread is to discuss any maintenance issues across the resort for example the smiler has no illusion stickers on the back and oblivion is on a one station service

Discuss here
 
User avatar
Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1115
Joined: January 2015
Location: feeding the flames

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:31 am

Air's second station, when I went a week ago it was only running on two trains and they weren't using the station to your left?? The trains builded up so did the queues (20 mins - 60 mins). Does anyone know whats happened??
 
User avatar
Hazard
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 61
Joined: June 2014

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:39 am

The station on the left was working last week when I went.
 
User avatar
Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1115
Joined: January 2015
Location: feeding the flames

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:50 am

I meant station on the right, sorry!!
 
User avatar
Altonboy001
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author
Posts: 159
Joined: February 2013
Location: Stoke

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Emporium wrote:
I meant station on the right, sorry!!



I've been 4/5 times this year and the right station hasn't been working for non of those days.

Perhaps needs a part.
 
User avatar
TomL
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 300
Joined: November 2012
Location: Wirral
Contact:

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:22 pm

I think it's just down to reduced throughput on off peak days to save a bit of money, like many other coasters on the park they only run limited trains. Nemesis runs one instead of two, Air runs 2 instead of 3. When they run two trains they don't have any need to use the second station.
 
Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 680
Joined: October 2014

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Altonboy001 wrote:
This thread is to discuss any maintenance issues across the resort for example the smiler has no illusion stickers on the back and oblivion is on a one station service

Discuss here


There aren't meant to be stickers on the back, it's always been like that
 
Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 680
Joined: October 2014

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Altonboy001 wrote:
Emporium wrote:
I meant station on the right, sorry!!



I've been 4/5 times this year and the right station hasn't been working for non of those days.

Perhaps needs a part.


I've never used the right station. I never even knew it existed until a few months ago.
AT only use both on peak days to save money, rather than have 2 stations as its unneeded
 
User avatar
Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posts: 2277
Joined: June 2009
Location: Stockport

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Thu May 07, 2015 8:55 pm

On Bank Holiday Sunday they had station 2 loaded with a craft and ready to go at 9:30.

They ran exclusively with station 1 during ERT then as soon as the rest of the park opened they went to 2 station/3 craft operation.

It's purely down to budgetary reasons that they only use station 2 when they absolutely have to.
Image
Image
 
Alex Tyler
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 363
Joined: June 2007
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat May 09, 2015 8:13 pm

sum1mad wrote:
Altonboy001 wrote:
This thread is to discuss any maintenance issues across the resort for example the smiler has no illusion stickers on the back and oblivion is on a one station service

Discuss here


There aren't meant to be stickers on the back, it's always been like that


When it first opened there were on the back of every seat but this season they are all black.
 
Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: February 2013

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Sat May 09, 2015 8:34 pm

Are we talking about the illusion things? I personally cannot say I noticed, though I'm not usually staring at the seats anyway lol

Image
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
 
Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 680
Joined: October 2014

Re: Ride maintenance issues 2015

Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Alex Tyler wrote:
sum1mad wrote:
Altonboy001 wrote:
This thread is to discuss any maintenance issues across the resort for example the smiler has no illusion stickers on the back and oblivion is on a one station service

Discuss here


There aren't meant to be stickers on the back, it's always been like that


When it first opened there were on the back of every seat but this season they are all black.


I think I originally thought that he was talking about the back of the hypnitiser spinning things :p

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 131 guests