UK theme parks from another point of view!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler Incident 02/06/15

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:29 pm

jdoughtyqpr wrote:
I think you're right on the redundancy thing, or people could be getting really really angry at know it all people posting stuff on a subject that has massively effected their personal lives.

"I merely pointed out blah blah blah" you would have got the same treatment from me. You were trolling, regardless of if you care to admit it, you were trolling for a reaction, got one, then wanted to brag about it.

Imagine knowing what happened and not being able to say anything. Then getting people being able to talk and throw accusations left right and centre and not be able to say anything back. With reasons like "logical explanation" once would be bad, but they ,just get it hundreds of times a day from various sources. With the caveat that if the truth is told they are fired or sued.

There is never a good reason to abuse people, let me get that out there, however there also needs people held accountable for what's caused the reaction.

If the daily mirror would have posted that comment to the staff member there would have been outrage, but because it's an enthusiast it's acceptable?

Unless you read the whole discussion then you're jumping to conclusions that I'm primarily the instigator. I jumped at the defense of others because these clowns who worked for AT came into the chat effing and blinding to others under the assumption the GP were completely oblivious to what had happened.

I admit I do take discussions a bit far and get things heated but I don't get kicks or anything out of it, just a compulsion to respond to imbeciles.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:07 pm

Towersstreet recently posted this on facebook, but on the front of the trains it looks like the smiler logo has gone.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:18 pm

It does look like it :/ could be the angle of the picture and train though.

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:52 pm

Maybe that may be a new train from Gerstlauer replacing the ones that crashed and to save costs they may have not bothered putting a logo on.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 1901!
Ride count 2020: 128!
Cred count: 96!

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Liam.W wrote:
Maybe that may be a new train from Gerstlauer replacing the ones that crashed and to save costs they may have not bothered putting a logo on.

It was suggested a while back that rows 3&4 of the train that collided with passengers on and row 1&2 of the empty train might be added together to create a 4th train so this might be the case. Either that or a new logo is been made for it as if fell off when the trains collided:

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Tom170499 wrote:
Liam.W wrote:

It was suggested a while back that rows 3&4 of the train that collided with passengers on and row 1&2 of the empty train might be added together to create a 4th train so this might be the case. Either that or a new logo is been made for it as if fell off when the trains collided:

There is no way that they would re-use the row of seats where the most serious of injuries were sustained.

I believe they are going to use the three trains they were testing with towards the end of last season and possibly have a new one delivered by Gerstlauer.

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:42 pm

I hate to be a party pooper but my friend told me there were only 3 trains testing on the ride today. Can't confirm as I haven't seen it for myself.

EDIT: now that I told her that I posted it on here she says she isn't sure..... the GP :no:
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Smiling bass
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:06 pm

I myself am wondering if the hotel room is ever going to be coming back. I have been wanting to stay in that room for years. Whenever I ring up, its always the same answer. They don't know when its going to be bookable again! :(

Also, i'm not allowed to take photos of the costume I made in the room, because apparently it would look like they are 'endorsing me'. Its just a fan made costume with the same colours :P

Everton-99
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:07 pm

The smiler only appeared to have 3 trains on track today but they were duelling whilst testing,

The ride logos havnt been put back above the entrance/ shop yet however as we were leaving around 4.30 staff were putting new signage up around the queue line.

The image of the smiler room is actually being used on promotional posters across the resort for overnight stays.

Smiling bass
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Everton-99 wrote:
The image of the smiler room is actually being used on promotional posters across the resort for overnight stays.

Oh really? I may have to ring and ask... again! X3

xylyx
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 am

Yeah I would assume, particularly with the cost cutting going on, that they would live with the three trains they have and see how the season goes. I know gerst can't just magic a new one up out of nothing in enough time to add to the roster quickly but if everything seems to be picking up they can always get one on order.

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:10 pm

It could be that the cars have been under winter maintenance. As they are stripped down and then rebuilt, I wouldn't look too much into the logos being missing. I'm sure that they will be added before Saturday :)

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi Severina, we have edited various tracks around the ride but the overall theme remains the same.

Needless to say this was always going to be the case in terms of the audio at least.

I think they'll keep the logos off the trains & even the logo above the entrance at least for a time with possibly only The Smiler lettering returning on the entrance.

A lot of media will be there Saturday and they'll no doubt try to scrutinize everything.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Sawboss
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:04 pm

It's never gonna be exactly like it was before the crash but hopefully eventually the majority of any removed themeing, audio and video will be put back in. I still belong to the Smiler, you see!

owenrita121
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:09 pm

Andy Mc wrote:
Hi Severina, we have edited various tracks around the ride but the overall theme remains the same.

Needless to say this was always going to be the case in terms of the audio at least.

I think they'll keep the logos off the trains & even the logo above the entrance at least for a time with possibly only The Smiler lettering returning on the entrance.

A lot of media will be there Saturday and they'll no doubt try to scrutinize everything.

That wouldn't made any sense at all to not put the logo back up on the entrance, all it does is remind people that something has happened, get it back to the way it was and continue on, the logo has started being put back onto posters around the park so they have no reason not to put it up at the entrance.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Oblivion ran for yeas without logos on the front of the trains and that was for no reason, so I'd not keep your hopes up on having Smiler logo's back any time soon :)

Didn't The Smiler originally open with 3 trains available and then the fourth was added at a later date or am I imagining this? I'm guessing that they will want to see how operations and demand goes before adding the fourth and / or fifth train.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:59 pm

daboywunda wrote:
Didn't The Smiler originally open with 3 trains available and then the fourth was added at a later date or am I imagining this? I'm guessing that they will want to see how operations and demand goes before adding the fourth and / or fifth train.

No, pretty sure it opened with 5 trains and has always operated with 5 (obviously with exceptions and stuff). If not, then it would have operated with 4. (pretty sure that it didn't though)

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Ahh, OK. I'm sure that on opening day it was only on 3 as the 4th and 5th weren't ready, which was what was leading to the 3 - 4 hour queues because it wasn't operational on full capacity..

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:26 pm

There were 4 trains in operation on the ride's opening day, the 5th wasn't ready until a later date.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:32 pm

yes! That's the badger. I knew they were a train down, just couldn't remember if it was the 4th or 5th