UK theme parks from another point of view!

Master_feedback
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler Incident 02/06/15

Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:05 pm

timmy1372 wrote:
I'm wondering how long Oblivion and Spinball will be closed, I want to book a trip but would atleast like Oblivion to be open, not expecting the Smiler to be open anytime soon but the rest would be nice!

Good point what's everyone's though on how long x sector will stay closed ?
Spin ball will be back as soon as the upgrade is done but x sector... may stay closed once the investigation is over ... or may not ....!

Mattfat1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:41 pm

tgm999
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Mattfat1 wrote:

Alton Towers is saying that report is false on Twitter https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/ ... 9997331456
But they are saying rita is shut due to a swarm of bees in the launch area so that's something else for the papers to course a bit of a buzz on.

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:15 pm

I am getting sick and bloody tired of the mirror and their reporters. What the hell is wrong with them. I have a feeling that this is just a childish reaction to the sun's connection to alton towers via the free tickets as the mirror are a competing with the Sun.

Altonaction
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:34 pm

Went to Alton Towers on monday and even with x-sector closed and sonic spinball it was still a great day!

I had to swerve the media shoving there camera's in my face at the turnstiles :lol

I saw quite a few themepark enthusiasts around the park from a distance like TPW's Shawn Sanbrooke and Charlotte,then we went over to ripsaw and noticed tpw's Jack gator and Joe Beasley sat on it.So hi to all you guys we love the show! :P

The biggest part of the day was my son riding Nemisis for his first time and he was very proud of himself afterwards. :D

Also all the rides were working 100% even duel's tunnel was rotating which is usually turned off!

So n1 towers for a great day! :clap:

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:54 pm

The media are making me furious with all these false reports. Rides are safe...

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:42 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... uated.html

look at the clip that has "fallen" from air.
That is clearly not from the ride.
News reporters should be shot on sight.

P.S - They said that a metal clip has fallen from the ride but the clip in the workers hand is clearly made of plastic.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:07 pm

Surely it is getting to the point where ATR could do something. So many of their articles have inaccuracies in them. Half of them are just reporting on the Smiler again with a different headline - eg Octonauts had half its article talking about the Smiler victims. Nemesis is the only coaster that doesnt seem to have been targeted. Yet.

Its about time the government brought in more restrictions on journalism. For example the Mirror using the word horrific in almost every paragraph.

I actually think releasing exactly what happened - once they know - will benefit ATR. That way they can also dispel any rumours or speculation as to what happened, such as the Smiler stopping upside down and then being released. The GP need educating on the safety of roller coasters and how they generally cant stop upside down.

humanshifter
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:44 pm

At least it looks like most of the people who commented on those articles aren't having any of it.

Sr88
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:49 pm

The mirror are simply making stuff up out of their backside now, disgusting.

Also, they are clearly not aware that closures due to small delays, mechanical faults, somebody vomiting, etc., are perfectly normal, and while they are annoying, they happen.

Sentri558
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:32 pm

Right now I'm mad at the media. Just plain mad. Normally I just don't care about much, but this is getting me a bit antsie.

What is amusing is the fact that literally nobody understands that these "dangerous occurrences", "ride evacuations" and "closures due to technical faults" happen in ever theme park, worldwide, and they mean absolutely nothing.

But sensationalist reporters should be put in jail. Everything has a place in society, and theirs is locked up with criminals.

Sr88
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Sentri558 wrote:
literally nobody understands that these "dangerous occurrences", "ride evacuations" and "closures due to technical faults" happen in ever theme park, worldwide, and they mean absolutely nothing.

And, on top of it, not only are these regular, normal occurrences, but they also mean that the ride is safe as they are shutting it to prevent an accident. It's blindingly obvious to anybody!!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:33 pm

[-( not liking this trend happening at the moment, using a tragic incident to guilt trip idols for personal messages, videos or even meetings toward the injured. Judging by what I've read these "campaigns" are constructed by their friends.

Let them focus on their recovery and go see them and pay for a ticket at a concert like everyone else.

Formerly known under username Andy Mc

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:01 am

This is what we have to do
We will need to go through the so called news posts about the smiler (if it is incorrect) and comment on the things that they did not explain / lied about.
I am getting sick and tired of the press and I will not sit down when the press are lying about one of the best theme parks in the UK

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:11 am

I given up reading newspapers years ago. I only buy the sun to get the free Alton Towers tickets and the £9.50 holidays. I find from the back to the front it's just full of stories just to get people to buy the newspapers. For explain most men read the paper from back to front so they put the biggest available sports story like Benteke joining Liverpool like been a villa fan it's hurts that all this rubbish is in the paper and I know his not signing for anyone yet as no one has even made a bid for him yet. Now for the others the biggest stories always go on the front with the Smiler been on there most of last week. I know for a fact for friends,family and co workers for 3 days they were talking about the Smiler but from Sat not 1 has talked about the ride so the general public have moved on and it's back about talking about football,new movies out or things going on in Birmingham. I bet even the people who do read the paper don't even read about the smiler as it's really just repeated news from the day before with little bits added to it.
Anyway I think the reason there testing it with the water dummies inside to just watch how it copes with going around. I bet they try it again with nothing inside to see if it does stall in the batwing again.

Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:10 am

Quick one: The Kay Burley petition has 32,448 signatures as of now and its trending on Facebook

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Richardio123 wrote:
Quick one: The Kay Burley petition has 32,448 signatures as of now and its trending on Facebook

It has already gone up to 33,889 in only 5 hours

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:59 pm

For god sake.... I have no words....
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ly-9439980

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Maybe they should do some research and then they would learn that every ride goes through hundreds of safety checks a day.

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:47 pm

THAT IS IT, I HAVE HAD IT
THE MIRROR ARE ON MY NEW HIT LIST
THESE IDIOTS NEED TO BE TAKEN DOWN
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/al ... er-5826471