UK theme parks from another point of view!

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Towers Loving Care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Towers Loving Care wrote:
#TowersLovingCare is a long term commitment to improving your experience! So our team have moved into No. 1!

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:16 pm

I love the little historical nod to the family names of the former Earls in the window.

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:27 pm

It was a cold Autumn night in 1821 when the thunder of hooves signalled the return of the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury to his home... No. 1 Towers Street.

I think it's a nice little touch for AT to add, little things like this are what make AT magical! :D

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:55 pm

That's a very nice touch :)

It'll be interesting to see what further updates we get this week as the park gets closer to re-opening.

neontrix
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Don't know if anyone's seen the tweet to the new Spinball Whizzer theme music;

https://twitter.com/AltonTLC/status/709476793179348993

Personally I think it works well, and I'm glad TLC is going beyond a few tins of paint into a major enhancement of the park!

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:28 pm

neontrix wrote:
Don't know if anyone's seen the tweet to the new Spinball Whizzer theme music;

https://twitter.com/AltonTLC/status/709476793179348993

Personally I think it works well, and I'm glad TLC is going beyond a few tins of paint into a major enhancement of the park!

It came through when I was at the gym, but I gave it a listen in the car and like the fact that it has some tones of Sonic and games console game effects within it, mixed in with In the Hall of the Mountain King (Alton Towers Theme).

Here is the announcement with the direct link to the track sample...

Spinball Whizzer is getting some #TowersLovingCare with a new soundtrack and announcements http://clyp.it/rduyfuwy
Last edited by Justin on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Controversial opinion time! :lol

But am I the only one who thinks this is really lazy and borderline cringe worthy?

I mean they could at least try not to make it sound like a 90's arcade game, aka Sonic the Hedgehog? Just seems like a bit of a lazy way to casually brush over that sonic has gone instead of giving it a more pinball machine styled sound track. I understand that you may find a pinball machine in an arcade, but personally I've not came across one that plays music. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I'm pretty let down by that honestly :(

That being said it's not a huge deal as I still love the attraction and will be looking forward to seeing the old theme return! :)

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:36 pm

I actually like it. I think it is different, simple and effective for the theme.
I think it will grow on people!

NemesisRider
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:52 pm

Talking about music, Towerstreet have posted a video showcasing new music in Katanga Canyon. I personally think it's not quite as good as the original but will grow on me with time. :) https://twitter.com/towersstreet/status/709440655441928192

EDIT: I don't know if this is general discussion, but seeing as we mentioned music I thought I'd alert everyone :)

Liam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:12 pm

NOOOO why did they have to change the KC music, it was one of my favourites! Don't like the new area music at all!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2219!
Ride count 2020: 446!
Cred count: 117!

archie.mm
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Sorry if this has already been posted but I absolutely love the new Spinball Whizzer music. https://clyp.it/rduyfuwy

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Clearly you were so eager to express your love for the new soundtrack that you missed it being posted just a few posts up! We do recommend reading at least the last page of discussion before posting to ensure that things aren't being unnecessarily repeated.

stealthsmiler
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:16 am

Nooo they can't change KC music! That for me was the best bit of AT. A trip wasn't complete until I had heard that music!!!!

As for Spinball I like the new theme tune. I think it works well and like how the Alton music has been added in. It does feel quite generic but so does the ride. And as I see no point in theming the ride, I don't mind this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakwoolley1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:11 am

I hate all this new music changing. There was nothing wrong with the old towers street music or the kentanga canyon music, they were just iconic. What will the change next? Duels' doll house music, nemesis' music, the actual theme tune to the park?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
CHECK OUT THE COASTER COUNTER APP:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nter&hl=en

MakoMania
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:04 am

I like the new music, from what I've heard of the new Towers Street soundtrack it sounds incredible, and I'm pleased to see old music making a comeback on Fountain Square and Katanga Canyon.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:01 am

Yeah as MakoMania pointed out, everyone calling the Katanga Canyon music 'new' is actually mistaken, as this music being played now is the ORIGINAL music from years ago, and I much prefer it! It gave the area a more magical feel as the rest of the park should have this year, I really really cannot wait to get back on park on Saturday and see all these changes, I love what they're doing with the place! :)

archie.mm
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:55 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Clearly you were so eager to express your love for the new soundtrack that you missed it being posted just a few posts up! We do recommend reading at least the last page of discussion before posting to ensure that things aren't being unnecessarily repeated.

My bad! Sorry!

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:06 pm

The arrival monorail station getting some #TowersLovingCare treatment! #BeforeAndAfter

rbsmith18
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 pm

lewis97 wrote:
The arrival monorail station getting some #TowersLovingCare treatment! #BeforeAndAfter

Woah...wait...zoom in on that map. No writing or logos over the towers. Confirmation finally that Hex is sbno for this season?
Mr. Smith

Tom170499
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:31 pm

rbsmith18 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:

Woah...wait...zoom in on that map. No writing or logos over the towers. Confirmation finally that Hex is sbno for this season?

That was confirmed a few days ago. Also, Nemesis Sub-Terra, Charlie, Driving School and Wobble World.