UK theme parks from another point of view!

Zach
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: Towers Loving Care

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:44 pm

It's amazing to see what difference a pressure washer can really do, I think this coming season we could be walking into a totally revamped park. Call me optimistic :P

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:46 am

They should pressure wash more often!
Formally Smiler313

Kraken
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:54 pm

TheSmilerMan wrote:
It's amazing to see what difference a pressure washer can really do, I think this coming season we could be walking into a totally revamped park. Call me optimistic :P

I can assure you that back in the early 2000's (so some 15yrs or so ago), pressure washing of all the block paving & paths throughout the park prior to new season opening were the norm, with staff often in at the weekend before opening on extra hours to get it all done in time.

Sadly, this - like many other things - got dropped as Tussauds, and then Merlin went for the lowest cost denominator.

I would love Alton Towers to return to it's former glory of the late 1990's / early 2000's, but I fear it will never happen. New owners in charge who look at one thing only. All I can say is that those Alton Towers postcards from the early 1980's with slogans on like "DisneyWorld in the UK" are having a laugh. It saddens me to say it, but Alton Towers is the best we have in the UK and that's it. Far better parks are available at cheaper prices (both admission, hotels & ride offering) in both Europe & further afield.

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:44 pm

The Water Park has reopened as well as a complete repaint of X-Cite. Does this look promising for a complete refurbishment of X-Sector?

The Waterpark is back open today after its refurbishment. Check out these pics of the new beach flooring & fairy lights!

X-Cite has had a full repaint. Are you x-cited for the 2017 season? (See what we did there?)
Formally Smiler313

Zac
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:16 pm

I hoping from looking at this picture that the rock work and block paving will have a blast from that pressure washer too!

Tom
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:36 pm

On Saturday there was pressure washing under way at the top of Towers Street by the turnstiles, hopefully this is being done across the park. It really does make a noticeable difference.

Adam.W
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Today's TLC update:
AltonTLC wrote:
Team TLC have been busy making the Sky Ride stations more presentable today!

sophieofthetowers
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:43 pm

common theme again, block paving in the sky ride queue line could do with pressure washing, isn't this something they could be doing on an evening during open season? even if it meant just doing a small area every evening say from 6-7pm as park is closed anyway.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:58 pm

This kind of work did take place last year, but was done by the rides team. The team that runs CBeebies Land cleaned the whole area towards the end of the season, as well as more rides staff cleaning Battle Galleons. There's no individual team that carries out general park maintenance like cleaning roofs and repainting during the open season.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Work in progress on the next stage of the Towers Street refresh

And a before and after shot

118hazaman
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:56 pm

I love the fact Towers Street is resembling the bright and colourful version shown on some of Alton Towers' adverts. However, I wish they repainted the entire area in one go rather than gradually. I feel this would have been a more dramatic change. It would have also meant that all of the buildings match either aesthetically.

altontowerskid
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:00 am

I'm so pleased to see the effort they are going to improve the presentation around the park.

I hadn't planned to go back until 2018, however, I feel as if the Towers deserves a visit in 2017 to help towards, what I will hope, will be a new lease of life for a park from 2018 onwards. Maybe a stay in Splash Landings if the refurb is as good as the other bits and bobs that are going on.

Count me a true fan of the TLC programme :D

S.J_O'Grady
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:27 am

Along with the Nemmy repaint I think the Towers Street refurb is my favourite part of the TLC programme. The first thing guests see has just been left so outdated and I think what they're doing will bring it up to date without losing the AT Magic.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.

Ryan.B
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Didn't think I'd like it that bright but it honestly looks fantastic!

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:14 am

Towers Loving Care wrote:
We're inside the Nemesis station and the team have been busy giving everywhere a fresh coat of paint.

ThemeCrafter264

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:56 am

One can hope this means TLC work is being done in forbidden valley so hopefully this means the nemesis station/ coaster repaint will be completed.

Nickolai
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:57 am

Thats a nice update to see, however I think they should replace the outdoor speakers around the Nemesis area so that there is bass because at the moment the sound quite tinny. Also, it would be cool if they added a speaker near the turnaround to the loop because you can barely hear the nemesis audio from there as the nearest speaker is at the entrance I believe. If the music around Nemesis was at the same bass and loudness as Galactica's, then I think the atmosphere would be a lot better. :) But thats just my nit picky opinion... :lol
Formally Smiler313

Stellafella
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:21 am

Smiler313 wrote:
Thats a nice update to see, however I think they should replace the outdoor speakers around the Nemesis area so that there is bass because at the moment the sound quite tinny. Also, it would be cool if they added a speaker near the turnaround to the loop because you can barely hear the nemesis audio from there as the nearest speaker is at the entrance I believe. If the music around Nemesis was at the same bass and loudness as Galactica's, then I think the atmosphere would be a lot better. :) But thats just my nit picky opinion... :lol

Also when in the station and the voice comes on or they use mic theres a huges cracking noise at start. Ive thought for a while the sound on Nemmy needs an overhaul.

theparklifekid
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:46 pm

I'm still hoping they get IMAScore to do a Nemesis and Oblivion soundtrack remaster, while keeping its 90s theme. That would also go nice with new speakers.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!

Justin
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:38 pm

I would welcome this too. But as you say, keeping the classic themes!