1. Nemesis - high intensity and one of the best terrain coasters around.
2. Wicker Man - endlessly rerideable and surprisingly immersive. A perfect addition to the lineup.
3. The Smiler - can be a bit on the rough side, but the insane layout more than makes up!
4. Galactica - graceful and super fun. Tops Smiler as a night ride for me, but just good in the day.
5. Oblivion - fantastic drop, that is all.
6. Th13teen - definitely a family coaster, but good fun. The drop is still great!
7. Rita - on a good day, this can be a lot higher... however, roughness and reliability issues reduce its ranking.
8. Runaway Mine Train - mostly here because it’s such a laugh!
9. Spinball Whizzer - a bit nauseous, but still alright. Could have been so much more though!
10. Octonauts - I’ve ridden this literally once.
I like your reasons,
Here's mine with reasons
- The Smiler - Great layout and theming, really intense. The roughness you sometimes get doesn't really bother me.
- Nemesis - Classic, intense all the way through, great terrain and I love the leg chopper bit when you go over the station!
- Galactica (Air) / Spinball Whizzer - Air because I like its technology and innovation (although I'm disappointed with its theming after finding out what the original plans were), it's also very smooth and now the VR is gone you're not left sitting on the brake run for ages. Spinball because it's really fun and I like how it throws you about, I like the back to back car design as well.
- Wicker Man - Really fun and thrilling woodie but it could have been made a lot better if John Wardley done the whole track layout. The first drop is amazing and there's some good airtime but I hate that corner about half way through which has absolutley no banking and just gives laterals for about 5 seconds.
- Oblivion - Too short but its still really fun being held over the edge, especially if you don't pull the harness down very tightly and it lifts you out of your seat, obviously don't leave the harness up too much, just a couple of clicks off touching you.
- TH13TEEN - Fun family coaster, over-hyped with the marketing though. I was a bit let down when I first went on it but I love the drop and the technology used to do it.
- Rita - I don't really get Rita's theme. It's a bit rough but I don't mind, it just seems to be something they slapped in to fill up Ug Land though.
- Runaway Minetrain - Not really thrilling but still a good family coaster. It has a nice theme and I like the tunnel where it interacts with the rapids. It's got nothing on the rest though.
I do agree though, I think Spinball could have been a lot more. It would have been so much better with the tilt track John Wardley wanted before the lift. It would make it a bit more unique. I still think it beats Dragon's Fury any day though.
About Air at night. I've never been for a Scarefest / Fireworks when it's been Galactica. The Smiler was my favourite to do at night because darkness just makes it more insane. Hopefully I'll get to try Air this year in the dark with the portal and everything!