UK theme parks from another point of view!

Is the new map

Poll runs till Tue May 08, 2040 6:46 pm

Good
14 (12%)
Notsure
9 (8%)
Inbetween
17 (15%)
A massive pile
76 (66%)

Total votes: 116

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

New map (2005)

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:23 pm

Very Good
Not sure
Inbetween
A Massive pile (me thinks so)

Start Voting
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:28 pm

It's just about worth wiping your ass on it.

Anonymous

Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:09 am

Its good. Some things look a bit odd but its not supposed to be the Mona Lisa of park maps, its a simple guide.

Anonymous

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:24 pm

Its a bit wierd a bit Roller coaster tycoonish.

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:28 pm

well i think the poll results speak for itself :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

Anonymous

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 am

I think people on here should try to draw there own maps using the technology they have. Because if they did, people would never find there way round. There'd draw every little movement of the pathways, and people would much easily get lost. This is a simple guide to the main attractions. People moan and moan for a new map, they get it and there still not satifisfied. At least the rides look like there supposed to.

richardlerwill3
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:33 am

I dont see why people hate it so much, I think it's great! it has a fun, child-like/family feel about it. It's cool and retro and on the "you are here" ones it has white writing on funky pink backgrounds! what more could you want. It clearly shows where things are and is pleasing to the eye. I don't care that some of the rides have incorrect layouts, that shouldn't really effect anything.

The only thing I'd complain about is... Oblivion looks abit crap lol, but yeh, love the map! well done Alton.

Anonymous

Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:13 am

"Fury" wrote:
People moan and moan for a new map, they get it and there still not satifisfied. At least the rides look like there supposed to.

Have you seen what they done to Nemesis, Fury? According to the new map its supposed to have 2, yes get that, 2 loops behind the station :shock: Seems like when they did the new painting of Nemmy to give her a new outfit that they also put a new loop in it. :lol: :wink:

Phil
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:36 pm

Lol, exactly. They have done some good things like the height indications, but it looks so poor. It is a real dissapointment!

Cjw
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:41 pm

According to the new map its supposed to have 2, yes get that, 2 loops behind the station :shock:

Tussauds map's are never realistic though.Infact most map's arnt as they are just designed to show you where things are.

Just look at spinball wizzer last year. It's directly behind blackhole and it looks like a giant bubblegum mass.

I don't particaully like the style but it does it's job.

Ant

Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:11 pm

Well im not to sure yet I would rather see the proper map yer get given on park then I will decide.

Lizbeth
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:55 pm

I feel like there's no magic in the new map, unlike the older ones when i was little. Its a bit too 'square'. and from the picture of it on here, it seems very difficult to read it all.
\"It\'s not about winning or losing; it\'s about how drunk you get\"!

huntman
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:01 pm

where can i see the new map
Huntman Productions RuLz

Anonymous

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:34 am

"kylies_kitty" wrote:
Have you seen what they done to Nemesis, Fury? According to the new map its supposed to have 2, yes get that, 2 loops behind the station :shock: Seems like when they did the new painting of Nemmy to give her a new outfit that they also put a new loop in it. :lol: :wink:

Looking at the old map the turn around before the Vertical loop looks like another loop, Air looks like a mono-rail and Spinball doesn't look like a ride, its a spiders web of track heading in random directions. But it works as a map, and chances are people have already heard of nemesis, oblivion, Air, Spinball, Rita etc ,so don't need to know the Exact track lay-out.

Anonymous

Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:10 pm

I don't like it, it's too 'square' as Lizbeth put it, too many edges and straight lines, there's no fun or magic to it. I don't care that I couldn't do much better with the technology available, but I do believe if I made one people wouldn't get lost! :lol: I just think the maps of the last decade or so have been fab and really magical, why radically change it if there was nothing wrong with the ones before? Yes, this year's is a massive pile :lol:

:twisted: :P

Anonymous

Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:02 am

THE NEW MAP IS RUBBISH! THE GRAPHICS ARE RUBBISH, AND DA OLD STYLE WAS GREAT, IT WAS EASY TO LOOK AT BUT NOW THERE ALL RUBBISH GRAPHICS!

stokywolf
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm

Iv been doing my own test at school, shwoing the new map to my friends and asking them to tell me in one word the first thing they think of it.
Answer:Crap or Sh*t
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz

Anonymous

Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:06 pm

i dont like the new map its too tacky i like last years alot better

Anonymous

Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:05 pm

The 2002-2004 maps were great, but these new maps for 2005 are just terrible. :burn: