UK theme parks from another point of view!

Josh
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:47 pm

"Locker" wrote:
That's the one LiftHill.de had :)

Regards,
Mark

aah rite had never seen that, with the link being down :wink:

Makusu
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:03 pm

Thanks for the video :P

Anonymous

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:45 pm

Topic merged with the existing Rita topic...;)

:twisted: :P

Williscroft

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Ahhh i loved that sound clip, ive got it on my phone. It made things so tense :D "are you ready for the final count down" keep ya heads back and hold on tight, the tension is mounting, GO GO GO" :D just that when i would there it didnt say mounting, it just got as far out mount and then went GO GO GO lol. Why they pay money to have these things made and then dont use them i dont know :( Its things like that that stick in people minds and remind them of Alton Towers. I woulder if they will ever be played again :?: :(

Anonymous

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:20 pm

I'd prefer a more Uugy one to be made. After all, it is Ug-Land!

It is a good asset nevertheless though, and I'm sure it'll be back! Would be hard to keep something going for so long without any technical difficulties.

:firebounce:

Jon
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:47 pm

"Dom C" wrote:
I didn't think it would what with it being a racing theme.

yer i dont really get the theme. Its drag racing but whats that got to do with dinosaurs?
Formerly "Dagoo"

kalvaza
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:37 pm

Errrr, dinosaurs mabye raced each other in chaved-up motors at one point in history?

Satch

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:32 am

It doesnt have ANYTHING to do with dinosaurs. Rita is a drag car taking part in the Thunder Rock Rally - a race which just so happens to have UgLand as its setting. Imagine the Monaco grand prix - Formula 1 has nothing to do with a small kingship in the middle of France, but it is set there...

timmy1372
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:44 pm

Does seem a little random as a setting but it works for me.

Those vids are quality, it always amazes me how willing people are to risk losing there very expensive cameras on fairly extreme rides amd then fight to hold it still, still i suppose the straps on most cameras are pretty good these days.

I think it was an easy place to put a Coaster for 2005, better like it is than not at all I reckon :D

Anonymous

Fasttrack on rita

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:20 pm

Why do alton towers make perfectly innocent people que 2 hours for rita but for the other popular rides you can get a fastrack and que 5 minutes can some one please explain this as it doesnt make sense to me

Anonymous

Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:53 pm

Topic merged with Rita topic...:)

:twisted: :P

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Fasttrack on rita

Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:28 pm

"joelew2010" wrote:
Why do Alton Towers make perfectly innocent people queue 2 hours for Rita, but for the other popular rides you can get a fastrack and queue 5 minutes can some one please explain this as it doesnt make sense to me
Because the other rides with Fastrack have an hourly capicity almost twice that of Rita, and since the Rita Trains only carry 20 passengers unlike Air & Nemesis which can carry 32, the effect on the main queue would be to slow it down to a crawl.

Williscroft

Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:38 pm

I was just wondering, with people saying that Ritas launch has been incresed so it covers an extra meter per second, what is the top speed now and dose any one know why it was increased. Also is there any signs of the smoke and the whole sound effects coming back on as they make the whole experience so much better :?: :)

Shadowrider
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:37 am

24th August: Sound effects were on, GO GO GO!! Except, you can only actually hear the first 'GO' 'cos by the time the others are shouted, you're miles away. I love the way they shift you forwards a bit and play revving noises and stuff. Brilliant! Front row seats the second time, too!! I didn't see smoke, but I didn't really care.

And the queue was 45 minutes at most all day.
Me? Adrenaline junkie? Never *whistles and stares at ceiling*

*Wills Black Hole to return...*

Williscroft

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Well just got back from the park and Ritas full sound effects were on :D "Are you ready for the final countdown, get them engines reving, GO GO GO :D Also for most of the day the lights were in perfect timeing, just went a bit wrong about midday but its a start. Still no smoke but im shure that will be sorted some time soon :D

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:20 pm

The smoke cannot be run and will not be on again.

It obscures the operators view of the second train approaching the station therefor making the ride unsafe to operate.

Williscroft

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:30 pm

Shurely they would of thought about that befor installing them and if they now know this shouldnt they unistall them, maybe use them on a diiferent ride/park. Im shure someone said on here they were just simpley broken and would be working again when they are fixed.

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:39 pm

"Adz-TTR" wrote:
The smoke cannot be run and will not be on again.

It obscures the operators view of the second train approaching the station therefor making the ride unsafe to operate.
That is incorrect, the problems with the lights and smoke machines are apparently being caused by the electro-magnetic field generated when the trains pass through the magnetic brakes section above the station. Whilst the smoke obviously slightly reduces the Ride Operators view of the platforms, its not enough to affect the safe operation of the ride. If the problem with the field can be fixed, the smoke will be back.

Williscroft

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:48 pm

I knew i had herd it off someone before :D Hopefuly it will be back on then but how their going to solve the problem is going to be a tricky one :? Their probably just letting the ride settle in properly first and not bother to much with the effect at the moment :)

Anonymous

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:59 pm

Rita isn't good enough. She's a 1 trick pony - once you've ridden her (ahem) then it's just never the same again - w o r s t coaster in the park (corkscrew not included XD)

To make Rita better she needs more track elements, or just a more thrilling ride path - figure of 8 ? 2005 ? ... get real