UK theme parks from another point of view!

Do you think rita is the best ride in the park?

Poll runs till Wed May 15, 2041 12:57 am

Yes, definitely
2 (5%)
No
32 (82%)
It\'s my joint favourite
5 (13%)

Total votes: 39

Anonymous

Rita best ride ever?

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:28 pm

The advert says it it is but is it your best alton towers ride ever. Not mine ill stick with Nemesis. Write a comment about your choice. :D

SW-Dave
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:06 am

im no fan of launch coasteres, Nemesis is deffinatly AT's best ride IMO.

$t£v£
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:16 am

What could possibly beat Nemesis i bet its not long before Nemesis returns to favourite on ATs site.
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.

plasticboy
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:52 pm

NEMESIS! There is no comparison. 8)

Ant

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:00 pm

Nemesis obvioulsly followed by Oblivion.

Jay247uk
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:26 pm

Yup, deffinatly Nemesis, although Oblivion seems to get better each time I ride it.

Anonymous

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:53 pm

i wonder if alton put it as there best ride ever just for advertising because our poll only has 1 person who thinks its best :?

Lozza
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:38 am

i think that the launch on it is amazing but thats it. nemesis provides thrills all round and from the top of the lift hill till the brake run there isn't one moment of 'boringness'. i know rita isn't boring all the way round but what i'm getting at is that it is a one trick pony- an amazing launch but not much else to boast about. you go round the rest of the track thinking 'that launch was amazing!' but you don't get a chance to think on nemesis. oooo i want to go on nemesis now! :D

:mrgreen:
:D

Anonymous

Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:09 pm

LOL Rita the best ride ever? The best way to describe that ride is boring imo. The best part is the launch, the rest is :?

MikeB
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:02 pm

The launch is by far the best part of the ride (especially on the front row). The rest is a bit standard but you spend the rest of the ride thinking how good the launch was, so it doesn't really matter! Not as good as nemmie which is intense throughout.

jpecool
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:05 pm

Nemesis, then rita.

Oblviion isnt as good anymore IMO, its lost its scariness.

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!! \":D\"

Fanta
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:41 am

Rita is a good ride, but its not the best ride in the park.

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:57 am

Best Rides at Alton Towers (Thrill Rides)

1.Nemesis
2.Oblivion
3.Rita
4.Air
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

Soph
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:40 pm

it is my joint favorite with the almighty nemesis and oblivion :p

Anonymous

Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:57 pm

No Rita hasnt had enough time to become a classic like Nemesis which has been there for 12 years!!!

JezziWezzi
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:59 pm

personally i think Nemesis is the best. Rita hasn't been in the park a full year yet!!

Fanta
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:49 am

"Liam13" wrote:
No Rita hasnt had enough time to become a classic like Nemesis which has been there for 12 years!!!

Being a classic has no relation to whether Rita is the best ride ever. And how do you rate a classic. Its certainly not by age you can tell a classic as soon as you've ridden it.

genesis
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:22 pm

I think most of the GP don't see coasters as some of us enhusiasts do. When all my mates and I went to ride Rita in April when she was new they all thought that Rita was the best ride ever. Not me, I look back to my past experiences of roller coasters and Nemesis will always stick in my mind as the best so far. Nemesis will really take some beating. Also, my mates always say the same thing over and over, and that's whatever ride is new is the best, what? When Nemesis was new, that was the best, when Oblivion was new that was, then Air now Rita. (They even thought Spinball Whizzer was in 2004, help!!!) I class my mates as the GP. To me, just because a coaster is new, doesn't mean it's the best.

Makusu
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:31 pm

Oblivion is deffinately my favourite..
Rita would probably come 4th on my fave list o.o

1. Oblivion
2. Ripsaw
3. Nemesis
4. Rita

Fanta
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:23 pm

"genesis" wrote:
I think most of the GP don't see coasters as some of us enhusiasts do. When all my mates and I went to ride Rita in April when she was new they all thought that Rita was the best ride ever. Not me, I look back to my past experiences of roller coasters and Nemesis will always stick in my mind as the best so far. Nemesis will really take some beating. Also, my mates always say the same thing over and over, and that's whatever ride is new is the best, what? When Nemesis was new, that was the best, when Oblivion was new that was, then Air now Rita. (They even thought Spinball Whizzer was in 2004, help!!!) I class my mates as the GP. To me, just because a coaster is new, doesn't mean it's the best.

|Yeah its because they look the freshest of the rides. They believe the newer rides will always be the best rides. Look at Submission in 2001 for instance :P.