UK theme parks from another point of view!

Do you think new coaster will become your/everybody\'s favorite (UK)?

Poll runs till Tue Aug 27, 2041 11:19 am

May become mine but not everyone\'s
8 (15%)
Yeah looks like it might
13 (25%)
Not everyone\'s a few maybe
23 (43%)
Will match other coasters in the UK
9 (17%)

Total votes: 53

Anonymous

Will Thorpe Parks new coaster become people's favourite (UK)

Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:39 pm

I'm sure alot of you coaster fans out there must of heard that TP have built a new coaster than does 0-128kph in 2.5secs (28kph faster than Rita) which is around 80mph. And goes up vertically to 205ft. I just wonder, do you think this new ride will become everybody's favorite. I am looking forward to when it opens next year!
If you have not seen anything about it, here is the link to the info.
http://www.thorpepark.co.uk/explore/200 ... r_2006.asp
It does look like one hell of a beast!

Anonymous

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:01 pm

yes it looks brilliant! what is its name? looks fun! would deffinetly be my best if i went on it! When is it to be completed?

Nick

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:04 pm

The ride itself is complete, just final finishing up for 2006 season!

Anonymous

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:53 pm

A name has not been given yet but ive heard it may be based on the project name (project stealth) some there have been ideas that TP may be calling it Stealth.

Anonymous

Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:59 pm

I heard that it could be called burnout or hot rod.

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:04 pm

burnout

Nifty chance for a sponser, if not from the game Burnout possibly from the games compainy Activion?

Nick

Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:04 pm

Not a good name for that ride. It needs a cool name that suits the blue/white colour scheme. A name like burnout or hotrod seems to suit vibrant colours. Am i makin sense?

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:20 pm

"Muggins" wrote:
burnout

Nifty chance for a sponser, if not from the game Burnout possibly from the games compainy Activion?

I think you mean EA! :P

Anonymous

Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:13 pm

Yeah that would suit it more than 'Stealth'. It's not very Stealthy if its 205ft high and very visible lol. Yeah burnout or hot rod would do better but thats still not that good. Might need alot of thought.

Anonymous

Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:27 pm

The TP roller coaster will be called "The Edge"

Thanks to www.towersnerd.com for that info.

Anonymous

Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:59 pm

"GameOn" wrote:
The TP roller coaster will be called "The Edge"

Thanks to www.towersnerd.com for that info.

I don't believe that. That name sucks! 'The Edge'. Personally, i don't think it will be that because TP are not releasing the name until late november

doom+sons1988
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:05 pm

Burnout is a brill name why couldn't they have called Rita that ? Come on it's red and that kind of invokes images of Fire.

Burnout-The New Name for Rita.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"

Anonymous

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:12 pm

"doom+sons1988" wrote:
Burnout is a brill name why couldn't they have called Rita that ? Come on it's red and that kind of invokes images of Fire.

Yeah i agree with you. Rita?? Nah! Burnout suits it better! The new coaster should be called something to do with speed but also coldness as the colour of the ride is white and blue.

Ketchup
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:55 pm

"danzaman123""][quote=""doom+sons1988" wrote:

Yeah i agree with you. Rita?? Nah! Burnout suits it better! The new coaster should be called something to do with speed but also coldness as the colour of the ride is white and blue.[/quote]

Erm, naming a ride off a video game?
People complain about the various Batman and Superman coastter names in the US just because it's using a license.

Weird that no-body gives a toss if one was to land in a Tussauds park.

X_da_C
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:32 pm

"danzaman123""][quote=""doom+sons1988" wrote:

Yeah i agree with you. Rita?? Nah! Burnout suits it better! The new coaster should be called something to do with speed but also coldness as the colour of the ride is white and blue.[/quote]
i agree that rita is fairly lame and you would think that a ride with the title queen of speed would at least be the fastest coaster in the park.

as for stealth or whatever they're gunna call it, i think it will be good, but whever or not it will de-throne nemesis or not is a lot harder to predict, i just hope it has less down time than kingda ka has had.

Dee4leeds
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:39 pm

"danzaman123" wrote:
Yeah i agree with you. Rita?? Nah! Burnout suits it better! The new coaster should be called something to do with speed but also coldness as the colour of the ride is white and blue.

Sommot like Ice but "cooler" :mrgreen:

Anonymous

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:40 pm

"X_da_C" wrote:
i just hope it has less down time than kingda ka has had.

I think when new coasters are built, in their first year they deliberately cut the ride out or close them for certain days. This could be to help the mechanics get used to fixing it. This is what i think because things like Nemesis Inferno, Air and Colossus either were closed or had broke down alot in their first year when i went. Air still breaks down alot but Nemesis Inferno and Colossus don't. I'm not sure if this is true, it could be the down-time is alot because its new so the mechanics may not be so quick at repairing it.

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:49 pm

//No they don't as imagine how annoyed guests would get. If a ride was closed it would mean it was broken down.

Rory
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:02 pm

Im looking really forward to thorpe park next year. Hopefully the opening days of TP and AT are different, so i can first on both new rides (very unlikely indeed). :D

X_da_C
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:36 pm

"danzaman123""][quote=""X_da_C" wrote:
i just hope it has less down time than kingda ka has had.

I think when new coasters are built, in their first year they deliberately cut the ride out or close them for certain days. This could be to help the mechanics get used to fixing it. This is what i think because things like Nemesis Inferno, Air and Colossus either were closed or had broke down alot in their first year when i went. Air still breaks down alot but Nemesis Inferno and Colossus don't. I'm not sure if this is true, it could be the down-time is alot because its new so the mechanics may not be so quick at repairing it.[/quote]

no Ka had genuine problems, it was shut a few months after opeing because somthing on the cars where sheding the brake disks :P not good. its had some other problems as well. top thrill dragster the launch cable snapped fairly soon after lit came out, it frayed into the people in the front row, both were in care for a month in hospital and survived. so there is a lot of work in maintaining rocket coasters.