UK theme parks from another point of view!

Jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Most unreliable?

Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:17 am

which ride/s would you say are most breaky? obviously newer ones but which rides have you encountered most breakdowns on?

[Kaycee:Topic title changed and topic moved from AT General. :)]
Formerly "Dagoo"

Wes
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:39 am

I would say Air is most "Breaky" as you put it :P

It was worst in 2002 When it 1st opened, but now with age it isn't as bad but I can guarintee that Air will break down at least once when im in the queue!

Mugz
:D

Jon
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:40 am

yes. air. But I think spinball is breaky a lot aswell
Formerly "Dagoo"

Anonymous

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:04 pm

Air breaks down alot but it is getting better, honestly it is!

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:59 pm

Well Air is one of the most advance rollercoasters on Park and with the suspended seating i would've thought it would be hard to stop things like that happening!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:03 pm

Yeah probably Air but scince that Rita has just been put into the park its problems are only because its new probably (teething problems as I like to call them) but in a couple of years if Rita is still breaking-down every 5 minutets I will probably change my mind but until then its Air. :lol:
Nemesis: 4
Air : 4
Oblivion :3
Corkscrew: 8
Rita :4
Runaway mine train :15

Trips to A.T :14

Redcoat Jase
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:09 pm

Could also be the High Demand for these Rides!
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum

black-t5
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:23 pm

I would say Rita has broken down alot for it's first season. I see Rita launch alot so I know when it breaks down. But the fact that it has had alot of Maintanace on it already and more coming in the next couple of months does state how badly Rita can break down.

Anonymous

Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:00 pm

To be honest its the newer rides that break down the most, but thats to be expected really, until the mechanics solve the ways of ironing out the teething creases. If you think about it look at Corkscrew how often do you hear about that breaking down?

Stefan
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:10 am

Every time i visit Alton Towers the one ride that always has a temporay delay or longer is always Air, no matter what you can always agree that there will be some sort of problem.
Before the last few weeks i would of said Nemesis was the most reliable, because ive never seen it brake down or stop for a few minutes, but the last 2 or 3 visits theres been a short delay and the ride closed all together when it had that problem with its lift hill.
I agree with AngryDerbrain the new rides seem to have teething problems, look at Spinballs first few months. :?

themeparkfreak
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:34 pm

Air all the way, Spinball second, then Rita

Peterwittland
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:19 pm

From what ive seen Nemesis is the most unreliable. ive been to alton towers 6 times and in 3 of which it has been closed completely. one time when I went they had to restart the whole ride because someone dropped a wet sock on the part of the track where the trains never touch :!: (Thats the very top flat bit.)

although it breaks down loads its still the best ride in the park in my opinion.

10/10
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!

Peterwittland
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:20 pm

From what ive seen Nemesis is the most unreliable. ive been to alton towers 6 times and in 3 of which it has been closed completely. one time when I went they had to restart the whole ride because someone dropped a wet sock on the part of the track where the trains never touch :!: (Thats the very top flat bit.)

although it breaks down loads its still the best ride in the park in my opinion.

10/10
FAT PEOPLE ARE HARDER TO KIDNAP!

$t£v£
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:38 pm

someone dropped a wet sock on the part of the track

LAMO Firstly how the hell did it get there
Second What the hell was someone doing with a wet sock? :D
$t£v£, formerly Mr Writer.

Robert
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:41 pm

Air has hardly ever broken down when I have been at the towers, Of recent times the ride that I would have to say was most unreliable would be Rita, Being the newest ride, You might have thought it would be the least likely to break down, but there you go.

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:02 am

Well someone went on the Oblivion with a cap on and it fell of and went down the hole but no-one stopped the ride to get it out and to see where abouts on the track it was to see if it was going to cause any trouble. ( It was verry unlikely though that something could have went wrong though.) Corkescrew now because of its old age is now getting prett un-reliable! :lol:

Andyc Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:09 am

although it breaks down loads its still the best ride in the park in my opinion

From all my visits, well about 30, Nemesis has been closed once, for ten mins. The problems should be fixed as they have had a new controller fitted in the last week of Adrenaline week.

I think Rita wins this award. Everytime i queue for it it comes on, very annoying but i understant. I wonder if Stealth at Thorpe Park will have similar probs?

liam14
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:07 pm

It probably will have the same problems because launch rides like them are quite complex and can be quite unreliable ( mainly depends on the company who designs, makes and installs them and the quiality of which they are made.) I have to agree that Nemesis is a very reliable ride and has never broken down at the time that I have been there. :lol:

Anonymous

Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:59 pm

Nemesis? Unreliable? Surely not! Out of all the big rides there Nemesis breaks down the least as the system it uses is actually fairly simple. Corkscrew rarely breaks down either!

Rita 2005
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:15 pm

All of the main rides at Alton Towers are avaliable for over 95% of the time.