UK theme parks from another point of view!

What do you think is the best log flume??

Poll runs till Sat Nov 16, 2041 7:25 am

Loggers Leep (Thorpe Park)
18 (21%)
The Flume Unplugged (Alton Towers)
26 (31%)
Dragon Falls (Chessington)
5 (6%)
Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdm)
6 (7%)
Jurassic Park (Islands of Adventure)
12 (14%)
Dudley Do Right\'s Ripsaw Falls (Islands of Adventure)
18 (21%)

Total votes: 85

Anonymous

Best Log Flume?

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:42 am

Out of the most famous log flumes in the world which is the best?

Nemesis8ofRita
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:58 am

The Flume, but that's the only one i've rode lol.

Scott :D

John
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:32 am

Ive only been on log flumes at the following parks:

alton towers
blackpool PB
camelot, gullivers world, gullivers kingdom (all nearly identical)
thorpe park
legoland

So off the list i have a choice of 2 and I can't decide between them!
Having looked for pics of the others, ripsaw falls looks amazing - a big drop, well themed and airtime on a logflume! I woundn't count jurassic park as a log flume though, it looks more like a tidal wave kind of ride.

Drench falls at BPB should be on the list! It was Europes first log flume and the worlds longest at the time. Out of all the flumes I've ridden its still my favourite, despite it being almost totally unthemed and looking rather dilapidated.

Anonymous

Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:06 pm

Of the three UK ones I've been on that you've listed, I'd say Loggers Leap is the best - well themed and has by far the best drop of them all, with some airtime thrown in too thanks to it being a double drop.

Chessington's comes joint second (even though you can actually smell the chlorine in the water!) for giving you a bit of time spent reasonally high with a clear view of the entire park. Alton's is about the same I'd say - longer, but not necessarily any better (and not even a log flume these days either).

Kwak kwak kwak kwak etc.

:evil:

John
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:17 pm

Of the ones on the list that I've been on I would definately have put alton's top before it was rethemed. Now I'm not so sure - its still a pretty good ride but I think the bathtubs are rather naff. Its more of a kids ride than a family ride now.

Despite my ducky name I don't think adding ducks to alton's log flume did it any favours.

Thorpe's however still looks good and the double drop is unusual so I've voted loggers leap.

EDIT: but I'd still go for drench falls over loggers leap.

Anonymous

Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:20 pm

I love all three log flumes at the Tussauds parks, but I went for Alton's because of the sentimental value, the fact it's long and has three drops, and I love the theming. The drops are all good, culminating with an almighty splash at the end - and of course, them damned showers. :D

Although it was a tough choice because Loggers Leap is also themed incredibly well, and has a great drop, but it's quite short and I always seem to hurt myself coming off the double drop. :(

Dragon Falls in Chessington - well, I've only been on it once, but I loved the theming so much - it's a fantastic ride to look at. I haven't picked it though because it's quite short and not very exciting and the splash at the bottom of the drop doesn't really get you wet. I do love the Hydro/Tidal Wave-esque lift and turn around though. :)

oneads
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:26 pm

What! jees guys you seriously dont know what your missing out if you have never been on dudley do rights, ripsawfalls. this is amazing! i have never had soo much fun or been quite scared or got so wet on a log flume before. sheer brilliance, i love it! haha and especially loved horse and his snigger.
p.s jurrasic park isnt a log flume

Anonymous

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:45 am

No stormforce 10! Oh well Jurrasic Park watched video's and looks amazing!

Anonymous

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:46 am

"oneads" wrote:

Sorry to double post but if its not a log flume what is it?

Anonymous

Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:58 am

Exactly where is the BPB log flume on that list?

oneads
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:37 am

"Ol.e""][quote=""oneads" wrote:

Sorry to double post but if its not a log flume what is it?[/quote]

its classed as an river adventure, its not a log flume due to the fact that it is chain driven up the inclines and that the boats are not contained in a typical log flume trough.

anyway there is a great video here for anyone who wants to see it in action http://www.universalignited.com/jpra.wmv

adricorbo73
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:39 am

Well i've been on the flume dudleys and jurassic and my favourite has to be dudleys. Anyone who is going to Florida has to go onto this ride it actually made me scared it was sooo fun. The theming for that whole area is just amazing with in my opinion the best rapids in the world! I luv the part where you go vertical for a second on it(dudleys)! :D :D :D :D
Bring me Fun, Bring me Sunshine Bring me Love!!!(WWJD)]http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/5559/air1copy5ke.png[/img](sig by matt!)

CGM
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:38 pm

anyway there is a great video here for anyone who wants to see it in action http://www.universalignited.com/jpra.wmv

Looks like a great ride with excellent animatronics and the Raptor contaiment area at the end was pretty spooky. Sorry but is this ride at IOA or Universal Studios?

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:45 pm

Jurrasic park river adventure is at IOA. JPRA, is the best out of all of them although it is not a classified as a log flume.

Robert
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:41 pm

Its not exactly a log flume, but it is a log flume type thing, More like a river adventure. But the Valhalla at Blackpool is the best water ride that I have ever been on, it has such great themeing (unlike most BPB rides) and is a very long and has a great surprise around every corner!

The best log flume would have to be the flume at Alton Towers.

Anonymous

Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:43 pm

Cool video but how big is the drop on JPRA?

Dr Pop Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:45 pm

It is 80 ft, similar size to tidal wave at thorpe park but a lot steeper.

Anonymous

Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:05 pm

How big is Stormforce 10? And how steep is JPRA drop and is there only 1 drop?

Beaver Dude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:04 pm

how steep is JPRA drop?

Very I'd say about 70 degrees.

is there only 1 drop?

Yes.

Anyway from what I've seen and heard The Flumes theming sounds better than the dull LF theming. But I voted for Splash Mountain really long and really fun. Loggers Leap is the best UK flume with DF's and TF comming a close second.

Anonymous

Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:23 pm

I have been on the three UK ones but none of the others. I will get to ride Splash Mountain next year though.

For now, it's Loggers Leap, 10 times better than The Flume Unplugged. Only problem is, needs refurbishment.